youtube.com/watch?v=NYBes8ki3lo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=ySjBjOoTxB0

AHHHHHHHHH NO PROBLEM

>YTV

teletoon was better even when they were both in their prime

Reporting.
And sharing this heritage moment.

I'm actually American, but I have family in Canada who I visited at least twice a year since I was born. I have the unique experience of recognizing all these references but having no one to explain them to at home. I remember Seven Little Monsters, YTV, Teletoon, Billy the Cat, Yvonne of the Yukon etc. (I was also one of the first group of Americans to transmit knowledge of Trailer Park Boys across the border, where it disseminated to my hockey teammates and stoner friends).

American cartoons were generally better, but we greately appreciate Ed Edd n Eddy

Canadian here.

The Raccoons was the best Canadian cartoon ever made.

Many. Some are often infamous for their shitposting.

EE&E is American
Also
>Yvonne of the Yukon
bahaha

Stop this meme.

I miss the old ytv site
They had some sweet games

EE&E being Canadian is a meme, probably all because some autist wrote it on Wikipedia long ago. Go ask the CRTC if it's Canadian, bahaha.

I'm not a Canadian, but a Kraut.
Still, stuff like Being Ian and Whats with Andy marked the golden age of cartoon television around here. You guys disappearing really tore a hole into the television landscape.

>Canadians

Damn it guys, why do you have to bring back the memories?

Much of that was supported by the US though, including WWA. Even if they didn't air those shows much in the actual country.

Without US support, pretty much nobody gives a shit about Canadian shows.

Antonucci said it himself. The whole thing was made in his studio in Vancouver.

Outsourcing animation doesn't count, otherwise numerous American cartoons are actually Korean

Fuck you all for not streaming SU the one time it aired in your shitty country first.

Paul's Pants Dance

fuck canada.

even tho i'm canadian

Fuck, I watched it when I was 7-8 y.o.

Can you remind me the name of this show?

>Teletoon = CN
>YTV = Nickelodeon

Am I accurate, Canadian anons?

yus

not sure about the family/disney channel

Darude and the Legend of Sandstorm

step one: look at filename
step two: google terms found in filename

how quickly they forget
they aired this on teletoon

BEETROOT!

I'd say that's accurate.

Treehouse TV... I suppose would be our equivalent of Nick Jr.?

Who said anything about outsourcing? It's a fact that the show was written, designed and boarded in Canada.

Yeah Treehouse is probably closest to that. There's also Disney Junior... which became Family Jr., and then relaunched as another, separate channel.

Family used to be the Disney Channel equivalent until recently... but nobody cares about recent TV anyways, let alone Canadian. Nostalgia dominates.

It's doesn't find anything...

>you're waa-tching tree house!

yes, it does. try again. what did you search for?

Canadian here. All you that don't remember the grogs are queers

Some of us preferred Teletoon to YTV. Such as myself, and this leaf friend here:

>when someone picked the red ball

This show >megaframens
>BEETROOT (bit root)!

The only thing that pops up is...

The Grogs last appeared January 1994, while Teletoon launched October 1997.

>what are reruns

buddy...
why are you searching images
why are you not searching for terms like i said instead of the whole fucking filename
use your brain

>why are you searching for the whole fucking filename instead of terms like i said*
derp

The PJ stuff between shows was always live and never had reruns.

Does "megaframens" or even "framens" sound like an actual word to you?

Hahaha, holy shit.

They weren't live you idiot, they wouldn't pay the hosts all that time to just sit around between shows

>We follow the path where the cariboo walked
>Our cariboo headgear is
>off
>on
>locked

Halifag here. Loved Are You Afraid of the Dark and Squawk Box.

For real, some weapons-grade Canadian nostalgia right here: youtube.com/watch?v=xGoymLRaPPA

youtube.com/watch?v=eKG6shZHfR4

I saw that Dov Tiefenbach kid on the bus once in Toronto. I almost felt like going "hey, you were that kid from Squawk Box" but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

For me it's Dragon Booster.

Nice.

They actually do though.

i loved get smart when it aired on ytv.

tfw you thought house hippos were real

>Yvonne of the Yukon

It's Yvon, friend. Yvonne is the feminine version of the name.

I remember the night when Tvo Kids, the space got the whole "internet" aesthetic with the keyboard skyscrapers. Please don't me I'm the only leaf who didn't grow up with cable.

youtube.com/watch?v=nC3e1dhiAaI

BC kid, no TVO here. We had Knowledge Network.

i remember watching reboot and digimon tamers on ytv. good times.

They probably don't even remember it being the After School Zone.

Fuck, at this point, they probably don't even remember The Breakfast Zone.

Yes they would. Because they'd have to pay them for 4 hours of work regardless because of labour laws, so why not have them actually live to do interviews and shit to fill in the gap time between American broadcast and Canadian regulations.

You West Coast fags get the sometimes Sup Forums relevant Prisoners of Gravity?

That shit was the best, but I honestly have no idea if it was Ontario exclusive.

fuck you.

>tfw no innocent nights watching berenstain bears on treehouse tv ever again

Prisoners of Gravity is held up as unto the gods, by co. And rightfully so.
And there's still time to dance The Logdriver's Waltz before the Lydia waifuers join the thread.

that was toronto, the least canadian part of the country

ReBoot

Here, Canada. Have some nostalgia on me.

youtu.be/ipt5GHWHsw0

youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA
the most confusing commercial for children ever

youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

Oh snap son. That some Shadow Raiders?

my favorite cartoon of all time hands down.

I recently found out that Concerned Children's Advertisers was dissolved earlier this year.

Not only am I Canadian, I'm in the second most hated part of Canada.

Newfoundland.Whaddaya at, b'ys?

Hated?

Nah, you guys are a laugh riot! If we didn't have Newfies, who would we make fun of (besides Saskatchewan)?

> perfect setting for a videogame
> definitely some kind of RTS
> possibly even an MMO RPG/FPS

> home computers of the era was shit
> internet was shit too
> if an MMO, would be stuck in a shitty monthly payment model
such wasted potential.

web.archive.org/web/20170106145221/http://cck-eee.ca/
>Companies Committed to Kids (CCK) is proud of our rich 26-year history of supporting and advancing children’s wellness issues through the power of media and collaboration. Our unique, one-of-kind model of corporate social responsibility has leveraged the collective strengths of leading Canadian companies to shine the spotlight on important issues affecting the health and wellness of Canadian children. CCK’s longstanding commitment of industry- led partnerships with issue experts, educators, government, and other child-serving organizations has enabled us to successfully raise awareness and improve kids’ physical, mental and social wellness.

>Today, the issues that children face are more complex than ever, and require a more grassroots, hands-on approach. Over the years CCK has had the pleasure of working with many important child-serving partners such as Kids Help Phone, YMCA Canada, MediaSmarts, PREVNet, and The Psychology Foundation of Canada. They are all great examples of organizations that focus on and continue to raise awareness on specific issues, and provide much-needed direct support and services to Canadian children and their families.In addition to supporting CCK, our member companies have also strengthened, and will continue to do so, their commitment to other initiatives and organizations that also serve and advance the wellness of Canadian families.

>Over the last several months our Board of Directors has reviewed, reached out to partners and members to better understand the future for CCK and while the organization has been applauded for great work, the landscape has changed and these other child-focused groups are better positioned to support children’s issues. Therefore after careful thought and discussion we have made the decision to begin the process of winding down the operations of Companies Committed to Kids.
What the actual FUCK Canada!?

DON'T PUT IT YOUR MOUTH

Considering that this board is full of retardation and shitposting, I'd say it's at least 85 percent C*nadians.

LIKE A MUFFIN OR A BEET

Anyone else remember Infomatrix with Anthony on CBC? I can't even find screenshots of it in the classic format before it became The X.

it had an RTS, but it was based on the original War Planets toyline and not the show-specific Shadow Raiders content.
Source? Doesn't make sense.
>so why not have them actually live to do interviews and shit to fill in the gap time between American broadcast and Canadian regulations.
m8 i know why they had the host segments at all, but that has nothing to with the concept of them being LIVE.
>Because they'd have to pay them for 4 hours of work regardless because of labour laws
What labour laws? Nothing I know about requires a minimum number of hours. Just flim the day's/week's/month's segments in one go and space them out as they appear on air.

Don't give away a fish, teach to fish instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=bxKUwuGbfoA

BEING UNFROZEN BY A DOG NEEDING TO PEE IS NOT IRONIC

EVERY TIME, IT BUGGED ME

you mean the child

are you canada

Same here. I didn't understand how the thing at the end telling you not to believe everything on TV was relavent to house hippos, or I never paid attention to that. All I got from that PSA is to leave peanut butter toast out at night to attract some mini hippos.

point counterpoint: THIS aired on YTV
youtube.com/watch?v=27SS8Pnmrok

Never got teletoon as part of the cable package in my part of the country (NL), so YTV is basically my entire childhood memories.

YTV was my jam son. Between that and Teletoon I hardly watched anything else.

Fuck I loved freaky stories, even if they were basically repeating age old rumors as new stories.

I remember this train wreck. Might be one of the worst tv shows ever made.

I know it's more Sup Forums than Sup Forums but anyone remember Video and Arcade Top Ten? I used to love that show and knew the producers kid so I got on it for his birthday once. Even won at Viewtiful Joe. Good times.

Also looking back Uh Oh was a really fucked up game show with a leather bound gimp pouring weird goo on kids and shit. Almost japan tier when you think about it

Even though they can't stop making more Anne of Green Gables, I liked the cartoon.

Reporting in. Just downloaded the first season of martin mystery I never realized martin and double d had the same v.a.

>PSA depicts impossibilities specifically to teach kids you can't believe everything you see on TV
>thousands of kids miss the point and think its contents are real

This one was always my favourite (maybe because the abstractness of the other ones bored my stupid mind).

youtube.com/watch?v=NYBes8ki3lo

The whole country got it, user. You must have had basic cable only.

Teletoon was a specialty channel. When it started it was free for a trial period but after that you had to pay extra for it. It was not part of the lowest tier package.