Normalfags ruined Rick and Morty

Let's be honest, Love or hate this show, it got too fucking popular. Now everyone is fucking bandwagoning on this show. Don't get me wrong, it's OK to like the show, and I love the show myself (started watching in 2014) but the mainstream memers have raped the franchise. Not a day goes by in my college where I don't hear "PICKLE RIIIIIICK" or "szechuan dipping sauce morty". I don't give too shits about the philosophical aspects but the people that just started watching the show saying pickle rick was their favorite episode really annoy me (a guy I know told me with a semi straight face that this was the case).
The reddit tier pseudo intellectuals are pure cancer as well. They love claiming they're just like rick: intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humour.

Fuck normalfags, they ruined what I love.

Kek

Ignore the other user, please don't laugh at me
Bumping

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. :joy: And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I can't remember if this was from Facebook or reddit

You're a faggot
You're why this show sucks
Fuck you
Fuck your family
Fuck everything you stand for
I hope all the world's evils happen to you and no one else
You stupid mother fucker

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

Thanks user

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I don't have to deal with these people because I don't go to reddit or facebook. I have never encountered any such person in real life and certainly not on Sup Forums. Also caring about fanbases is fucking stupid, ever fanbase is godawful fucking trash, yes including that one you're in user.

I mean it makes for easier conversation starters. You can use it to get some friends ya fag.

Doesnt work with out the pic to go with it

>using the no friends argument
>On Sup Forums
W-where do you ~URRRP~ think we are M-Morty?

Where in my post did I imply I go on reddit or facebook. I see these niggas in real life.
Plus I saw a few cringy rick and morty reddit screen caps here on Sup Forums

I love Summer

the single most normalfag media interest board

If ya lover er so much y don't ya marry her

>Board for manchildren to complain about cartoons
>Normalfag
Who the fuck would ev-
>Tripfag
As expected of a retard

I WON'T LET YOU MARRY HER

Did normies take away your ability to tell to, too, and two apart?
Faggot.

The Show's writing has been bad ever since Get Schwifty. You can blame Harmon for being a retard and pandering to his audience, it's same shit he did with Community and why it turned to shit.

yes the board with a million rick and morty threads and posts condemning people who are weird and political threads about how everyone needs to go back to pol except for the posters saying kill all white people, as an example

it is not just unf i wanna fuck these cartoons as a board

OP you're a fucking idiot. Things get popular that are good, that will always happen. The quality doesn't drop as a result, you just like it less because people you don't like won't shut up about it.

You need to fucking get over yourself.

BIGGLE RIGG!

>The quality doesn't drop as a result
Sometimes it does. Not necessaril malign, though. Most of the time, author just starts feeling like he owns the world and starts being "risky", which in this case means making decisions with his ego and refusing to let the other professional give their professional opinion about it and then just going with it anyway. Might have some money issues, too.

Either way, series is probably on life support now. I know he'll break. They all do.

>other people liking the show a different way ruins it for me

>Love or hate this show, it got too fucking popular
This is where you made yourself look retarded.

So...You'd rather have shows that cater to only small fan bases that hang by a thread ratings wise? And then when it gets canceled we get to talk about how it was ahead of its time and the Nromies didn't understand it?

I might

Don't let other people effect your favorite art, your favorite movie is still the same great movie even if Hitler is a fan. Hitler's favorite movies were King Kong and Snow White.

Be honest, series that isn't forced to cater to the mainstream and actually do what they want with actual passion do end up better.
See and. Dan Harmon is appealing to mainstream nowadays and the show doesn't feel the same amymore. It's not bad, and it's not the female writers, but something has changed.
Also If I said I was unironically a complete diehard rick and morty fan who loved everything about it and saw no wrong with it you niggas would've still Said some shit to me. Never change Sup Forums, the general consensus and opinion of this shithole can change at the drop of a dime, as long as it makes you feel smart and the other stupid. Pathetic.
>Inb4 Sup Forums isn't one person argument

>series that isn't forced to cater to the mainstream and actually do what they want with actual passion do end up better.
like Rick & Morty

>Be honest, series that isn't forced to cater to the mainstream and actually do what they want with actual passion do end up better.

Sure, but you can't deny that shows that have a broader appeal are more likely to last longer. Will there be groaners as a result? Yes, but the gems will be worth it. I don't got into an autistic rage just because reddit is mentioned. Roll with the punches. So we don't get shows that aren't in development hell because of the smaller audiences and thus harder to get out there for people to watch.

Oh no, people like the thing that you liked, and now your secret club is being ruined. I suppose you would have rather it had been cancelled due to lack of interest and faded into obscurity after one season?

But then if that happened you would have been crying every few months "season 2 when? plz AS! I'll suck yo dick!"

>Yes, but the gems will be worth it.
You're smoking crack.
Ruining a show for success is never worth it.
Do you still watch the Simpsons? Fuck no, because none of it is good anymore.

>So we don't get shows that aren't in development hell because of the smaller audiences and thus harder to get out there for people to watch.
Do you even know what "development hell" means, you stupid twat?

This guy isn't me
Yeah it'll last longer but 2 years ago it had a sizable balanced audience to keep it Alive and not too mainstream
I don't understand why people like you go out if your way to defend normalfags. What do you get out of it? Just curious.

PIGGLEEE RRRIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGG :DDDDDDDDD

They always take it wayyy too far in public, don't they? At least keep it on the internet, normies.

>Retards everywhere think that an entire style of chinese cuisine is nothing more than a mcdonalds sauce thanks to reddit and memy

I will never not be mad.

Im yet to meet a fanbase as self loathing as this one. You guys make fun when people say this show is for smart people, but the fact is, it is. The show is full of philosophy, irony, references and a plethora of things that takes at least a somewhat educated mind to comprehend. Im not saying you cannot enjoy R&M is youre an average Joe, what im saying is that this show is smart, much like Fight Club or Wes Anderson movies are smart: they are works of art, they make you think and question your own beliefs, they critizice absurd aspects of society and upon rewatch you notice new things that add whole new dimensions to the story and characters.

The new episode just rolled out and everyone is commenting how everyone is going to quote that Rick line. Well guess what, of course people are gonna quote it, its a damn fine discourse Rick gives there, and critizicing exactly what you guys are doing. Im not posting it here to not spoil anyone, but seriuously go watch the discourse again and read between lines.

Also, i'd like to note that identifying yourself with Rick is not a "cringy" thing to do. I identify with characters from many different shows, because that what happens when you write a polyfacetic charismatic character. Im not to say I believe I'm Rick, thats just retarded in the same way putting a cape and jumping from a building is retarded, but I identify with his nihilism, his hedonism, his egoistical nature, etc.

So, can we just go back to enjoying our favourite show, see ourselves reflected in whatever the fuck character we want to be reflected, and going borderline paranoid with theories? First, because its a nice thing to do, you know, let everyone enjoy the show the way the want, and second, because by giving so much importance to the couple of retards who belittle others for not watching their favourite TV show you are going against the "Fuck all" attitude this show tries to convey.

Or as Rick said:
I don't give a fuck what you think, Jerry!

The only emotion in the universe more useless than "quit liking things I hate" is "I don't like this anymore because you do".

Quit giving brainless fuckwits and normies the power to decide what you enjoy. I wish I could go back and tell this to my teenage self.

Also does anyone have a good idea why all the Ricks and Morty's in the citadel are the same age?

>Also does anyone have a good idea why all the Ricks and Morty's in the citadel are the same age?
woah

Yes, all creators should only ever do one ultra edgy pilot and then go live in poverty until they starve, confident in the knowledge that their works never sold out or appealed to anyone but themselves

Rick & Morty is on its third season.
Venture Brothers has, how many seasons now? Seven or eight?
South Park is still on the air and while it has changed it certainly didn't change due to mainstream pressure.

Because the Rick's are made, and presumably so are the Morty's.
Did nobody else notice when they said that?

Both the extreme bandwagoning and antibandwagoning is obnoxious as fuck.

Its not that bad of a show and its not that great of a show. Its just idiots or trolls singing its praises as if its the most brilliant show in the last 20 years or the worst thing to ever be put on television.

I think this show attracts autists while also triggering autists so the fandom is an insane cavalcade of extremes.

Normal people can agree the show is alright or not for them, autists must prove or give legitimacy to their insane nitpicks or undeserved praise.

A disgusting matter for sure.

This. So much of the cancer is astroturfed or otherwise just people trolling. I mean, Justin Roiland is one of the biggest anti-R&M trolls there is, and he's the fucking co-creator. The show can get way too meta for its own good, but it rarely takes itself too seriously and so do the fans, for the most part. Yeah there are the autists, but the autists are the laughing stock of the fanbase, not the bulk of it.

Honestly, most of these criticisms apply more to the South Park fanbase. I've seen way more spammed SP memes and I swear every episode tries to force a meme. Member the memberberries? Member when they cancered up our precious internet? Or the insufferable SODASOPO gag. Mush cabbage. Super cereal. Tree fitty. I'm Lorde, yeah yeah. Giant douche vs. turd sandwich. Shuffles papers. So many desperate attempts at meme baiting, but they never get called out.

Plus the pretentious attitude fostered in that fanbase. If you criticize South Park in any way, it means you're either offended or you just don't get that high level of satire. Someone irl told me there's a college course dedicated to studying the messages in SP. I'm sure he's full of shit, but the fact that this thought exists at all is troubling.

But neither fanbases are as cool as the Moral Orel fanbase.

i copy pasted that from reddit, the guy who wrote it is a faggot and you by association

This isn't the only show that has been ruined by "normal" people. I use the term loosely, because just about any time a show hits mainstream is usually goes to shit.

You see it mostly is shows the most since making them is extremely quick.

>Breaking Bad
>Slow and methodical for the first 3 seasons and then has a punch of intensity for season 4
>fans hop on
>season 5 is wall to wall action set pieces and high octane drama

>Game of Thrones
>Well made and carefully constructed and a near word for word adaptation the first 4 seasons
>fans hop on
>deaths and killing up the ass, all the subtle nuances in the show are thrown out for intense and instant gratification

I hate how people elevate this quote. It's not even a memorable quote about nihilism.

The only reason you think that is because you're a sexist racist bigoted beta-male.

>....everybody is gonna die, now sleep with me!"
I wonder if this would work.

You guys making the "Normies Ruined Rick and Morty" are ruining it worse at this point.

When I was watching the first season the impression I got was that it was a sci-fi with some clever concepts and a liking for subverting expectations. It didn't feel like it was trying to be genius or anything, so I have no idea why the fuck people crawled out of the woodworks screaming that it was. And then you have people who get mad because it's not as genius as people say it is, even though I don't think it's fair to judge it on that since that's not what they were intending in the first place. At least not for the first seasons, they've definitely begun adopting that "we're totally a genius show for nihilists" mindset more lately.

It reminds me of undertale. It was a cute game full of dumb dad jokes. People called it a revolution and the most amazing fucking thing that ever came out, and then people started judging it as a revolutionary game and getting angry when it fails to deliver, when it was only ever supposed to be a cute game with dumb dad jokes. Why the fuck do people latch onto shit like this? Why can't people just accept things for what they are instead of getting all worked up into a frothing mania, and then piss off other people into a frothing rage, all over nothing.

>image macro
>normie
You have to go back.

>NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEE
You're special,cool,counterculture and ahead of the curve because you browse a japanese imageboard

It's not about nihilism though. Stop making it out to be

Channers cant praise anything or be enthusiast/unironic,they have to copy things from other websites
Exactly

>getting mad at someone getting mad at normalfags
How far does the rabbit hole go?

You're very right, why do we see redditors and Fedora tards only identify with rick's self hating nihilism? Why don't they act hedonistic and party, use drugs, fuck bitches, and have fun with random people?
For me that's why rick is nihilistic, it gives him excuse to have fun.
Why dint they identify with the hedonism?