>Out This Week:
Mace Windu #2 (Sep 27)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is she, /swco/?

>tfw no nebulon bs being advertised in battlefront 2

>We will never have an MMO that's basically just a modern Star Wars Galaxies taking place right after ROTS

WHY EVEN LIVE?

>we will never get clone wars revived, even after rebels ends

The ISB are an ineffective and poor replacement for the security the Coruscant guard brings

lmao

Continuing my bitching about toys from last thread, look at this shit, a 3 3/4" Power of the Force 2 Stormtrooper by Kenner from 1997. This would have been around $4.99.

>SWTOR will be milked until 2022 at least

>Shows geonosians being slaughtered brutally on multiple occasions
>Geonosians shown to be evil nasty bugs that turn others into zombies
>Suddenly we're expected to feel sorry for them because "muh empire"

Gas the bugs.

what in the name of malachor did Hasbro do to Kylo Ren?

And then even the 6" Hasbro Black Series version, 20 whole years later, is barely better, and in you could easily argue it is in fact worse, while costing $18.99

Fucking bullshit

Out of the way rebel shits!

>$50+

>We will never see the Siege of Mandalore
>If you show someone TCW, you know you'll eventually have to explain what Disney did
>tell them you can lacklusterly explain it, or go read 2 books and 5 comics before moving onto ROTS

Just give us the Siege to tie into ROTS so it doesn't end in a clusterfuck like that.

the only problem with the second one is those is those bolts on the arm and the next vs helmet ratio is off as fuck

>Eve n then, the next MMO will be another WoW clone, as giving players control over the ecnomy and universe like in Galaxies is too "different" for "modern gamers".

I remember that was considered pretty good at the time. Also that's from 1999.

Do you think fully voiced was a mistake or one of its few redeeming qualities?

So since we are talking about toys, what does /swco/ think of these?

It was good before the 4.0 expansion dropped. They could've had a more believable story for the non-Force users if they stuck to text for the player character and did more voice the main protagonists.

Battlefront 2 has the Space Battle of Ryloth, and the Battle of Kamino.

Dice said they're taking fan demand into account for the Expansions, if we scream loud enough at them and Lucasfilm, we could get a DLC where we play out the Seige of Mandalore.

I tried playing SWTOR for the first time last year.

>Good if you just look at it as a big single player game
>Great if you have a friend to play it with who likes Star Wars
>Shit for an MMO
>Too spaced out for an MMO

Everything felt so empty. You needed the trade network to be in one place, so that way it feels more populated even if it wasn't. Like the Grand Exchange in Runescape. It was ridiculous that I go to fucking Coruscant and it's empty, despite it saying there's 300 people on the planet.

Fuck that, I want Umbara and the Western Reaches maps

>Okay, so next Im going to show you some guy playing a multiplayer game.
>This is the Siege of Mandalore.

No. While it'd be need to play, we need a narrative focus on the Siege of Mandalore. It explains Ahsoka, Rex, and Maul's abscenes in ROTS. Tossing it aside as a multiplayer map only would be insulting.

I personally hate these kind of things. Doesn't matter if it's samurai shit, steampunk shit, biopunk shit, World War II shit, it just always got on my nerves.

>Umbara
youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

I want Disney to shell out the money to just make a Mandalore arc, that's it. So much fucking stuff happens in it that ties into Rebels and ROTS for it to remain out of the way material in book flashbacks and shit. Just make it a fucking movie like the first Clone Wars movie.

I wish user, Dice would need to make it bigger than 20v20 for that to work.

>Kamino in BFII is just a made up battle with made up sequences
>Instead of the actual battle that really happened.

I bet the Ryloth Battle won't even be Ahsoka doing the Thrawn Manuever.

How is that any worse than the ridiculous level in the 2005 campaign

They had nothing to work with then.

Because that was a part of the EU when nothing mattered. We have a single unified canon now, why not use it instead of making up shit?

I mean they have done a pretty good job giving a TL;DR with Kamino.

They explain that the CIS are attacking from space, but the recent trailer shows a shot with one of those huge squids, which means they also went out of their way to show that CIS were crashing to the ocean and climbing out, as show in TCW.

Then the objective lines up with TCW too, with the droids storming from the platforms to push into the labs and destroy the clone babbies

The only thing it's missing is "protagonists" like Fives, 99 and Obi-Wan to follow,and the subplot about Ventress sneaking off to (IIRC) steal the Clone DNA.

But the battle itself appears to be faithfully recreated, so we could at least get that for Mandalore in BF2.

Hey dummy, look last thread, theres a shot in the trailer that shows the Squid droids, and the BF2 website explains that the game mode is basically the same as the TCW episode.

Yeah, but that user is saying it won't be narrative, it'll just be an objective based map. We need an actual story for Mandalore. BFII already has a Campagin, they're not going to make another one for another map, they'll just release a map with objectives.

I agree that we need the story of Ahsoka and Maul shown properly, but getting to experience an authentic "recreation" of the Battle would be incredible, considering we are yet to see it, and it was probably going to be an impressive showing, as it was the series finale.

They could release a comic alongside the Mandalore expansion showing the story stuff for Maul and Ahsoka, I think everybody would be okay with that

Is it not perhaps possible that it is the same battle on another part of the planet far away from the episode we saw? Kamino isn't all just one single city in one location you know. Or possibly it's another battle where the separatists invaded again, there are tons of places in star wars and in real life where battles occurred in the same place more than once.

Oh that's a good argument too, I don't remember seeing them, I just didn't get butthurt by it, all I thought was "cool I get to shoot metalniggers on kamino"

>but the recent trailer shows a shot with one of those huge squids
Timestamp? I missed this.

>so we could at least get that for Mandalore in BF2.

I don't care about that. I care about have a solid narraative. I don't want to show someone The Clone Wars and then go "Oh and it got canceled, so watch this hour long panel with Dave Filoni before we watch ROTS.

That's just hitting a brick wall in keeping the mood for a Star Wars Marathon.

The comic still wouldn't do it justice, the show just ended dead in the water. Why couldn't they release a movie with basically 4 episodes together, and then release the map as promotion with Ahsoka/Rex/Maul as heroes? Wouldn't that be the coolest?

Have some self respect and let it die.

Pretty hyped for EAFront 2.

No, Clone Wars deserves a finale, fuck off.

That uniform is not regulation.

>no pupils
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

TCW isn't getting revived or finished in any animated form. Get over it. Accept that it will be open-ended in terms of detail or very sparse a la Ahsoka novel flashbacks. It would have to be novel or comic at this point if they decided to waste resources on finishing a story we already know the important parts of.

Here, they are using TCW as the basis. They only show a couple split-second shots of Kamino, but you can clearly see one of the squid carrier things in one of the shots. This is very clearly supposed to be based on the TCW fight. It is, in fact, the only map in the game to feature Phase I Clones, which means they went as far as to create models JUST for this map so that it lined up with TCW. Granted Lucasfilm probably made them do it, but still.

The Dice website gives a run-down of the battle and game mode, and it basically lines up exactly with what the CIS were doing in the episode too, specifying that they moved from space, to the platforms, to the interiors to destroy the facilities.

Just about the only thing that's missing is Ventress and the Aquadroids, but who know what DLC could bring.

>Because that was a part of the EU when nothing mattered.
>nothing mattered
I get the EU hate on this board but this is becoming completely erroneous and ridiculous at this point. Leland Chee was elected to make sure things stayed relevant and accurate. Everything mattered back then. It's weird because I was a big fan back then too. We all cared. Especially the authors.

O fuc, it is the squids

Yeah, it isn't if you accept Disney's mediocrity like you're doing now. Many of us would rather have a huge event like that actually be shown rather than talked about at a panel, and if it's getting made at all, it's perfectly reasonable to ask Disney to animate it. Maybe you're okay with just saying fuck it and discussing only things Disney decides to put out, but some of us aren't.

Hail Mandalore!

Don't worry user, I will take this naughty ensign to the cargo hold and properly discipline her for this violation of the dress code. Give us 15-30 minutes.

>Daytime during the invasion
>Make is night and rainy

???????????
Is it so the normies can go "OH THIS IS THE RAIN PLANET!"?

It's not the squid's search light?

user...you realize planets are spherical right? That the earth has a day on one side and a night on the other?

Disney is in charge now; their 'vile touch,' as you seem to be willing to call it, will be all over SoM if it gets released ever. ESPECIALLY so if they have to pay Filoni to pay the animators for it. Rebels was given absolute dogshit for funding, leading to that fun game of "spot the Tua clones all over Lothal" for the first season, and the horrendously sub-par animation quality of FoD shows they didn't get enough budget or time for it.
There will be no ~special event~ for it. Aftermath was supposed to be a big thing to kickstart the ST and look how that turned out. Look at how mediocre Vader Down turned out after just one issue (Han and Aphra literally running around in circles with their heads covered in insects). Look how stupid Screaming Citadel ended up. Those were the big Disney events we've had so far; SoM would be no different.

Many of us are pragmatically optimistic for worldbuilding and fleshed out plots via comic or novel, we don't all need big stupendous visual spectacles on screen, and furthermore, there's nowhere near enough of an audience for that kind of shit anyway. I'm highly skeptical of Han Solo as it is, the Siege of Mandalore isn't anywhere near big enough to deserve a movie like that. Maybe a video game but don't get too emotionally invested in a pipe dream like this.

Man I remember when these guys came out, they were the first Star Wars figures to have fucking knees

even my dad was excited

Okay even if you weren't retarded I'm still 100% sure Kamino would rain all the time because there's always clouds and it's a water planet

>gets BTFO
>cries more

booboo

Yeah, and it's perfectly reasonably to expect better than them putting money into the movies and fuck all into the rest, should we accept the shitty stuff they put out? No, I have no delusions that it's in their interest to do it, I'm saying we shouldn't accept this shit from Disney like some are willing to do, by defending it as "fun" or "okay". Disney shutting down the EU was supposed to make it better, and they have definitely not done that. At best it's just more of an even meh.

Didn't TCW have the clone base part of Kamino not raining at least once?

Did you people not watch the episode of this invasion? It's daytime and isn't raining during it.

>why is no one buying our toys?

>being this desperate to complain about SOMETHING, even after being proven wrong.

>I can't enjoy it therefore it is bad
Really constructs my new lightsaber...

>It is, in fact, the only map in the game to feature Phase I Clones, which means they went as far as to create models JUST for this map so that it lined up with TCW

phase 1 clones just have a different helmet dude

idk maybe it doesn't rain some times

Still significant m8, especially when you factor in classes and customization

You're not going to say Vader Down, Aftermath novels and Rebels isn't at best a let down? And factually Disney has made very strange choices in authors and funding outside of quality issues.

now THIS is autism

Yeah, a lot of the battle seems to take place at a time when the rain's stopped and the clouds have parted. In fairness, whenever the cloud cover is still there and the rain is still going, it's hard to tell if it's day or night.

>I'm saying we shouldn't accept this shit
You don't have to accept it, but failing to do so makes you look childish. There's nothing that ~80 different people on a Sup Forums thread can do to make Disney cater to the couple delusional fans that want more than they should know Disney will give them. The LIVE-ACTION movies are going to be the only thing that gets a full treatment worth the excitement; those are the only things that bring in the real money for SW.

>THE NORMIES REEEEEEE

Please tell me you're the guy bitching that Maul is TPM Maul because NORMIES REEEEEE

Budget constrains I reckon

>especially when you factor in classes and customization

but they just have different helmets

also I haven't heard anything about customization in this game

>Being this butthurt over me asking a simple question

Why make it rain instead of daylight like the battle canonically was? Is it just so normies aren't confused on the planet they're on?

It could be going for hours.

>phase 1 clones just have a different helmet dude
wrong

Did you have an aneurysm?

There's literally thunderstorms on the earlier picture, and black clouds everywhere

The exterior scenes of the battle in TCW happen to have the sun shining down while it's not raining (for very obvious animation reasons), and you can't for one moment, suspect your disbelief and think that maybe just maybe it DID rain during the battle?

canonically there might be differences in material but the actual models are identical save for the helmet

It was raining earlier in the episode before the invasion. I wasn't aware there were people in /swco/ who have never watched TCW.

>Rebels a let down
Ah I see, you were never interested in an intelligent conversation in the first place. Might wanna take it to the Sup Forums thread.

>a 22 minute episode of a tv show shows the ENTIRE battle across a planet in real time
Really sends me to the spice mines of Kessel for sure...

>if I say everything is mediocre, that means it is
Yeah, no.

Plenty of Canon has exceeded expectations for me. Hell, Luceno and Zahn have probably delivered their greatest entries to Star Wars these past three years, despite being two of the giants of the EU.

>Ventress
I hope they put her in the game. I want to know how hot she'd look with a realistic almost photorealistic art style.

The battle was over in 1 episode. It ends with it being in daylight.

Has no one seen The Clone Wars in this thread?

Honestly, with Ahsoka being heavily teased, Ventress is almost certainly going to be the villain counterpart

>I wasn't aware there were people in /swco/ who have never watched TCW.
user, there are people in /swco/ who haven't watched anything but ANH and ESB, let alone a 120 episode long prequel era cartoon.

It's been a while since I've seen the episode senpai

Why? I think the obvious answer is that the rain looks really cool dramatic and intense

it's 2017 nigger I really doubt anyone has re watched ALL the episodes after 2012
I've re watched like half of it

It wasn't across the entire planet. It was specifically targeting the City of Tipoca, which you would know if you have seen the episode.

we have seen it we're just not autistic

>Literally, objectively, unironically believes a 22 minute television series episode with limited POV cuts occurs in real time
Holy shit you are the biggest retard in this general and THAT is saying something.

It could have taken hours and we jump through it.

Again, wrong. There are noticeable differences between the two ignoring the helmet

>Battle of Kamino reacreated in BF2
>They set it up exactly like TCW, from the context info about how and why the CIS attacked, to the game mode objectives
>Even respect continuity by including the Squid ships from TCW to establish this is in fact the Battle of Kamino we know in canon
>user breaks the fuck down because of some rain, even though it was probably raining on-and-off in during the Battle, because it's fucking Kamino

Just admit it user, it wont hurt. You're excited for Battlefront 2, aren't you. You don't want to be, but you are. It's okay. Just admit it.

Do you have proof that there were no Separatist attacks on Kamino away from Tipoca City at any other time than that episode? Is there iron-clad confirmation of the fact that the Separatists only attacked once, at a specific time and a specific place, and never came again? I'd like to see it.

Okay, that's a reasonable answer.

There's no need for these other anons to reply with "lol ur retarded" and then use the excuse that they haven't seen the show in a while when shown evidence.

All I wanted was a discussion about it, but no, you guys had to be autistic.