Mr. Nutmeg wears a Heathcliff mask.

Why?

Why not?

Is he good news ?

This is a sex thing, isn't it?

If you need to ask then it is.

I wish I was smart enough to understand Heathcliff

kek

Why do they need to be aliens instead of just random surfers?

you just don't get the joke

WHERE'S THE FUCKING JOKE?

I'm confused, if they just moved in why are they calling the people that they moved next to the "new" neighbours? They're the new neighbours.

It is fellow neighbor

maybe the joke is that the neighborhood is so weird that abnormal is considered normal, so when new neighbors move in they ask "have you met the new neighbors" because to them they are acting strangely and the joke is that its usually the people who already lived there thinking that the new neighbors are the weird ones.

haha

Has this artist ever responded to the criticism of his almost complete lack of jokes?

Can't find any interview with the current artist, and the original creator of the strip died years ago. Maybe he's just continuing on in the same style just because.

I am legit starting to get unnerved by these threads

Now I get it.

Heathcliff wasn't meant to amuse the common, unwashed masses like Garfield was created to do. Heathcliff was created for the intellectuals for only those with superior intelligence and understanding of philosophical writings are capable of deciphering the humor and deep meaning behind these comic strips.