This is Mantra. She's a powerful superhero with magic powers and a magic sword...

This is Mantra. She's a powerful superhero with magic powers and a magic sword. She's the soul of a man reincarnated unwillingly in the body of a woman. She's now owned by Marvel and stuck in limbo forever because of contract reasons.

Say something nice about her.

>Mantra omnibus never

is it any good?

Ha ha ha! I get it!

MAN-tra!

You can't spell Mantra without man.

They actually used that line in the comic.

>MANtra
WOW

thats brilliant

Unfortunately for the /d/eviants out there she's physically a woman. She just has the soul of a man.

She would be better with a dick

Not a great time for her to return.
They'd make her all about the lgbt scene

They'd also make her unsexy.

The fact that she dresses like a stripper at a ren fair is an important plot point.

It's okay in a slightly naff 90s body swap comedy kind of way. Some decent art and they manage to wrap up the main story arc before Marvel drove a wrecking ball through the whole Ultraverse

But it's a cool, well-designed costume.

The fact it's also skimpy doesn't detract from that.

To be fair the entire line of Malibu comics characters were progressive and edgy and testosterone fuelled at same time. One could call them the original extreme comics. They targeted hormone fueled teenagers better than Marvel ever did.

Sure, I'm not knocking it just pointing out that there's a reason in universe for it's highly sexualised design.
I also like the second, slightly less extreme, costume.

>unfortunately

m8 thats even better

Everyone knows the first thing a man wants when he gets turned into a woman is like, 60 dicks

Whats the in universe reason?

>I also like the second, slightly less extreme, costume.

And Lukasz designed the backup costume himself. So he just confessed he liked looking sexy

>Whats the in universe reason?
The short version is the three elements of the costume, the mask, the cloak and the armour, were designed for three powerful sorceresses to enhance their power. But they were also desinged by a man to show off how sexy the three women are and to underline how they are his subordinates.
Tldr: pimp daddy wizard wanted his bitches to look fine

>Whats the in universe reason?

The outfit is the source of a lot of her powers, so she needs to wear it.

Thats the problem, If Marvel buys IP, it mostly ends up in limbo, becaue they dont know what to do with it.
Be it the Ultraverse, where they tried to crossover things. Or Crossgen, where they just put a similar ip name on something different. It will always contradict what the i was loved for.

Marvel doesn't want to bring back the Ultraverse because they are cheap jews

interesting battle style there starfox

The way I heard it Malibu had unusually generous contracts with their creators. If Marvel want to use any of the Ultraverse characters they not only have to pay a sizable cut to the creators they also have to give them some editorial control. So that's never going to happen

So at one point in time there wa a sorceress that was wearing nothing but a mask?

I liked it, iirc she eventually gets comfortable being a woman.

They all had basically the same fantasy swimwear outfit but one also had a mask or a cape etc.

Well it could be worse, one of his buddies ends up as dog

Why doesn't she wear regular clothes under the armor if she's so worried about looking like a slut? There's no rule that she can't wear pants underneath is there? God comics logic is so retarded. Just have the character admit they like dressing like a whore and don't try to come up with "reasons" for it.

She was created by Mike W. Barr, an immensely talented and terribly underrated writer.

Magic, obviously.

So what, the costume magics the rest of her clothes away?

The breast plate (ha ha) looks fine but she is pretty much naked apart from it and the boots.

Yes.
I assume it also has to be in contact with her skin to boost her power like it's supposed to

I'm very curious what the armor looks like from the back. It doesn't look like it could connect in any logical way.

Yeah she's pretty much naked from the back

That must be enormously uncomfortable. Jesus.

This was the 90s so practicality wasn't a consideration

Mantra (like all of Malibu really) would have been better served if it weren't such a total 90's time capsule. Though, as said earlier, Barr is really underrated.

That time she was pregnant really activated my fetishes.

Mantra's interesting in that it's the redemption of an asshole. Lukasz has been hopping bodies for ages, stealing lives and destroying families in the name of his master's war. Then he gets stuck as Eden Blake and his situation is vulnerable enough that he's forced to actually live this person's life and face the fallout of his serial bodyjacking.

This is my fetish

It's almost a reverse corruption story.

Self-centered jerk knight becomes responsible mother and stand-up superheroine.

Also amusing how Prime crushed badly on her.

Can someone please storytime comics with her.

Why is she such a slut?

Because Lukasz is a centuries old chauvinist who thinks women are only good for sex and subconsciously applies this attitude to himself.

Sure

So he thinks women are sluts and then makes himself one?

Not Marvels fault the two companies had contracts for creators to get a huge pay cut whenever they are in use. Its not like DC with their IP like Fawcett or Charlton which had work for hire contract.

If you want a more modern DC equivalent look at Wildstorm and Milestone. See which characters aren't being used right now because DC has to pay the creators whenever they come on paper.

Both are cheap jews.

Not really

>Or Crossgen, where they just put a similar ip name on something different.

>Waid ruined his own Crossgen book under Marvel.

Dumping Ruse into actual Victorian England was such a huge fucking mistake.

Crossgen was the fucking best
Marvel had no chance of making comics as tasteful and mature as those.

I also read that Marvel was more interested in Malibu's computer colouring team than their ips

It was great. Especially once they stopped focusing on the Sigil stuff so much.

Too bad it was run by honest-to-god morons.

Talking of ridiculous 90s costumes...

Yeah, it could have had a much longer life. They had a lot of talented writers who believed in the company and were turning out great work. Then it all went tits up in the worst way possible. I think the death of Crossgen was the end of the shared universe for indie publishers. They should have been the one to make it. But corporate greed fucked all the creators over and creator-owned became the only thing anyone wanted to touch ever again.

Ouch that'll leave a mark

tfw you are having a shitty day then you turn into a naked chick

Been a girl five minutes and already using her looks to get her way, must be in the blood

End of issue 1

If you found out someone you'd been fighting for 1500 years were a woman now, do you think you'd try to fuck them? Not even rape, just trying to get them in bed?

I think that actually happens later. She gets knocked out and the villian tries to force her to marry him.

>tfw you are having a shitty day then you turn into a naked chick

A 10/10 naked chick too. Like jesus, Eden is just some housewife but has a body like a supermodel

I guess if you've got to be a milf may as well be a hot one

Even if she would be brought back she would look nothing like this. A sexy costume? Exposed legs and cleavage? Big boobs? At current Marvel? Hah. So her being in limbo forever is a fucking blessing.

At least 90s Marvel dared to let women look hot.

Sounds like my wife.

awful 90s shit

fucking terrible costume

Nah

yah

Yeah nah

Remember when the Ultraverse briefly merged with the Marvelverse and instead of becoming the Thing Ben Grimm became Mantra?

Yeah that happened.

I wish she had fanart. Any fanart

Nice tits.