How did this shit even happen?

How did this shit even happen?

The second season hadn't even aired yet.
This shit is like two and a half minutes.
That's the longest couch gag ever.

It's almost entirely Rick and Morty, aside from one line by Ned, who is then frozen and subsequently shattered.

This is still nuts to me.

To be fair you need a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty

>all those forced futurama references

The Simpsons has been whoring itself out for the better part of 20 years, user

this couch gag actually introduced me to rick and morty.

Why is there no blood, they look like melted crayons.

because the simpsons writers realized that it was funnier than the following episode. It wouldn't have happened if they thought that their own show was going to make better use of that two minutes.

Yeah. I hadn't even considered watching it until I saw this gag

>Why is there no blood, they look like melted crayons
>thinking drawings have blood and guts inside them

This
I saw people saying Rick and Morty is way better than the (modern) Simpsons. Not really saying much, I know, but the couch gag did get me curious.

Halloween specials don't count, they're intentionally gorey.

I had someone tell me that R&M was better than classic Simpsons.

Now I'm a fan of R&M, but let me tell you, that really activated my almonds.

Still have blood in them.

It's just a couch gag my dude

They can't show the Simpsons crushed by a spaceship with realistic blood and guts on the screen, people would freak out

How the might have fallen

class memz

same it was different than what i was used to, a thief/drunk scientist and his bumbling sidekick.
Woah now thats blasphemy

Rick&Morty had the most expensive marketing campaign in adult swim's history. That's how they managed to reach the normie crowd.

No, it is the light sci-fi that got them. The fanbase hasn't changed its general demographic since it started.

Nepotism

Rick and Morty has the same fanbase as Doctor Who.

Looked up the ratings, they've already reached the top of the Sunday cable charts, getting beaten only by Game of Thrones and Football games.

It's think it's not just advertising, it's also pretty normie and accessible compared to other adult swim shows.