Worst fucking superhero cartoon ever

who thought this was a good idea? do people actually enjoy this?

I'm about to sum up where all the problems come from. Ready?
>Dan Slott and Joe Quesada are involved in the show.
Anyone thinking it wouldn't be shit is a moron.

I really want to like it, I can swallow the total AU thing, but there's just so much about it production wise that hurts to watch.

The animation feels like todays equivalent of He-Man at times.

At least Keaton's Norman is good.

really?

The show is just starting, so I prefer to wait. However, I can already say that I hate so much science at every second. I prefered Ultimate Spider-Man's ability to break the fourth wall.

Yep. Joe Quesada is even a character in this show voicing himself.

Not even shading can save this show the way it is going...

Dan Slott is an instructor in the show, too.

"When it comes to my son, I will move mountains"
"Wouldn't that upset the organic balance of nature?"

SCIENCE!

I don't understand how it would. You're literally just picking up a rock and dropping it somewhere else. Given it's the same climate and eco-system, in time it would be like it was always there.

goddamn that actually explains quite alot.

Mountains are one of the chief causes for deserts. The high altitude the winds have to go over cause any moisture to precipitate and become dry by the time it moves back to a lower elevation.

Literally moving a mountain would cause the climate in the area of the mountain to change as a result.

This isn't as bad as Ultimate and honestly, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. It just feels like the show is trying to be another Spectacular Spider-man but it's execution actually feels more like "Spectacular Spider-man Lite."

I'm a med-school student, so I actually don't mind the show shoving science in kids' faces. Science is great. I just wish that the science in the show was portrayed realistically. Even a google search on topics like genomic editing could provide information that would keep the science in the show from sounding more like magic.

Look up 'rainshadow deserts'

snow is water, there's a reason there's so much of it up there

You can summed up the dialogue like this.
>"SCIENCE SCIENCE QUIP, SCIENCE."
>"SCIENCE SCIENCE TEENAGER, SCIENCE SCIENCE QUIP."
>"SCIENCE SCIENCE QUIP?"
>"SCIENCE!"

>show thinks it's smart by listing Peter's height and weight
>realistically, he'd be malnourished for his age

That's an issue with the show's writing in general. It tries to be smart and it tries to have a lot of continuity and multiple story arcs, but they can't handle it at all. Miles Morales getting his powers, the symbiote, and Jackal all feel very rushed. The only one with a decent, coherent character arc is Doc Ock.

I agree that it's not quite as bad as Ultimate Spider-Man. But the animation is pretty terrible, and the writing isn't much better. Even the guy voicing Peter sounds like Drake Bell, Part 2.

And then there's Miles Morales getting shoved into it as *another* Spider-Man. With Spider-Girl and Spider-Gwen on the way, it looks like this show will be populated with spider people from top to bottom (which makes it feel like Ultimate all over again). I'm sure the little kids will enjoy it though, and that's really who this thing is supposed to entertain. I just wish it had been a "Spider-Man" show without the various knock-offs and race replacements.

So Pete and Gwen will die in this series?
>If there's any hope in fixing it.

The issue is that the listened to people complaining about Peter not using his scientific mind in adaptions and over-corrected a ton.

Rather than just having his knowledge come up in his adventures more often, they made the show this weird Harry Potter thing except with '''science''' instead of magic. I think that misunderstands what makes Spider-Man's world appealing; he's smart, sure, but he's still an everyman beyond his superhero exploits, and the world around him needs to reflect that.

>I'm sure the little kids will enjoy it though, and that's really who this thing is supposed to entertain.

Do we know the ratings for this show? USM did horrible on ratings and only survived on merchandise sales and Netflix.

Hey. Watch it. It could have been written by a woman, and then you'd be racist for saying bad things about it.

Remember when Spectacular showed Peter's brains by incorporating his scientific know-how into the ways he'd overcome a challenge and not monologue in detail about it.

That seems to be the show's main problem.

In contrast to Ultimate it's got good intentions but it's execution is awful.

True, but a lot of fujos storyboard for the series. As long as they get their Peter/Harry fix, they don't care.

Don't forget, we're getting Mr. Negative and Screwball as future villains, too.

Just hope they don't add the other BND villains.

I'm really surprised how both this and Ultimate have decided to focus so much on Peter and Harry's friendship.

Maybe it's because they're playing down the romance angle and they think kids can relate better to friendship.

Fpbp