Why would two random nobodies from opposite sides of a war having a hybrid kid lead to mass hysteria and bad moral for...

Why would two random nobodies from opposite sides of a war having a hybrid kid lead to mass hysteria and bad moral for said war? Would people seriously think that a story of two lowly insignificant deserters that have no important connection to any power could change everyone's view? Honestly every time people give this excuse in the comic as to why they're pursuing them I roll my eyes. It'd be one thing if only one party involved actually believed that or it was just a fake excuse. But every character seems to think it'd be like a universe changing story. I highly doubt a random Israeli and Palestinian or a foot solider Nazi and Jew getting together in the real world would be seen as anything but irrelevant traitors that don't mean anything to the conflict at large/would stop anyone from fighting.

because it's a story about being extremely politically correct and feeling prosecuted for being """"different""""", taylor made for a very specific demographic that happens to have no taste in fiction or comic books.

It's a story about two parents, way in over their heads, raising a child. It's about how families are actually really fucked up in real life, yet stick together despite all the odds.

It's like Rick and Morty. Which is probably why I like Saga and Rick and Morty. They both are family dramas disguised as science fiction-comedies.

>RnM

Oh boy...it begins.

jesus christ. get out.

Reddit and so forth.

>never buys comics
Then why is it literally still one of the top selling graphic novels of all time?

what liberal hippy bullshit is this?

when did i say "never buy comics"? can you even fucking read? i said no taste in comics.

Read that post again slowly.

It's called the death of graphic novels.

Doesn't matter if the family dynamic is there when the principles and logic of story telling aren't there to support it.

I feel like it'd be wrong if nobody replied with this image.

fpbp

Read Starstruck.

Why?

Don't be a casual.

Both sides in the war rely heavily on their we-them rhetoric, to which the union of Mako and Alana would be a blow I guess. Mako and Alana are lunatics high on adrenaline, freedom and the one eyed authors philosophy, that they'd think their relationship would end the war is not strange. Also both warring sides are quite militaristic, so TREASON is probably enough to sow doubt according to them.

TL;DR: Most characters are idiots, that's why.

I think the fact that they can interbreed has wider implications than we've seen so far. The reason why it's so goddamn important will probably be answered later on.

Or not. It is BKV, after all.

Saga owns, who cares if it's progressive propaganda, the comic itself is fiya

As to OP's question, very little of it makes sense at the granular level; it's about the characters' colorful emotional journey and the inventive settings they traipse across

SJW's don't understand war, normal people, or how most mother-father relationships actually work. Ergo, their stories don't make a whole lot of sense.

This book wouldn't be anywhere CLOSE to how popular it is with shittier art.

Jfc Sup Forums next you're going to tell me you guys don't like Deadly Class either...

Sup Forums loved saga in 2012, as time has gone on, most of the board has come to dislike it

The war operates on people being convinced that the other side are pretty much child eating monsters - most of the time when they end up in a position to actually interact with the other side, they are either indifferent or actually end up befriending them. Hell, even characters despicted as super racist like Petrichor and IV get along just fine with Sophie.

A Romeo & Juliet story is pretty sympathetic, and it would probably be the last drop to many cases like Heist's fans, the revolutionaries in IV's planet, gay people in the fish reporter's planet, and so on.

god why is Sup Forums obsessed with making shitty image macros all day

>most of the time when they end up in a position to actually interact with the other side they are either indifferent or actually end up befriending them

You mean with all the yelling of who killed who? The only ones that really semi changed was Klara and Barr, and the former only barely. That usually had nothing to do with Alana and Marko and whatever implications and when it did it was because they had to drag whoever it was along with them, Barr and Klara included, until they semi think the person that saved their back is ok but then after they leave they continue on as though no lesson has been learned.

Most other people never change even after they see Alana, Marko, and Sophie. In fact it's honestly quite the opposite.

>Petrichor and IV get along just fine with Sophie

Sophie is the human slave girl. I think you mean Hazel. Petranny only accepts Hazel because she has horns. In fact there have been plenty of times where Petrichor mention that they want to throw IV and Alana out the ship even after spending months with the two. IV still considers Marko and Alana as degenerates that he's forced into working with and will leave them the moment he can get back to his son. He just sees Hazel as annoying/ the reason he's been dragged back into the fray away from Squire.

tdlr: No they don't because Sophie is with Gwendolyn and they haven't met. The person you really mean is Hazel and Petrichor only tolerates Marko and Hazel because they're Wreathers. IV is being dragged along for the ride and he makes it very clear he doesn't give a shit.

>it would probably be the last drop to many cases like Heist's fans

Heists fans are a minority and few people really seem to understand or even like his books. Two lunatics and a female prisoner book reading club aren't going to do much.

> the revolutionaries in IV's planet,

You mean Dengo and the Last Revolution? Both of which died. Because of Alana/Marko/Hazel.

Unga bunga sjw's in my comics

>why argue the points made when you can ad hominem

>This book wouldn't be anywhere CLOSE to how popular it is with shittier art.

Aren't there quite a few SJW comics with shittier art and possibly worse messages that are popular?

geez hahaha

This, people complain about the book being 'sjw' but it's a story about political correctness and going against the socially accepted norms. Complaining about this book being 'sjw' is like complaining about old Superman or Cap comics being too American

> it's a story about political correctness and going against the socially accepted norms
>Somewhat implying that it's a good story about being politically correct and going agianst social norms(?)

I don't think that was what the user was trying to imply. Or maybe I'm just not reading your comment correctly.

10/10 movie

>taylor made
lel

as quality of the book decreases its flaws are more and more obvious

I officially gave up when you know who gets killed right after "LEL DRAGON IS SUCKING ITS OWN DICK XD" BKV will forever remain a hack in my eyes.

Same with Invincible, it is almost over now and no one cares wish I could make a thread about it, but my whole country ot range blocked from makin threads

it's because it's good and no one hates it and it's boring to talk about how good it is for over 10 years. same with walking dead.

Honestly considering how much 'Sup Forums triggering' material this comic has I'm surprised nobody talks about it more.

The newest arc reads like BKV is butthurt that people like IV and Will more than Alana and Marko.

as long as BKV's bullshit is contained to saga and paper girls keeps being good i don't care.

and that is why i think saga is probably just BKV and fiona trying to out-prog each other.

It's like 25% let's ruin Will and IV, 25% Alana Marko bs, 25% tranny, and 25% 'welcome to abortion town'.

They're important to the plot because they actually made the first successful crossbreed child. If that information gets out that could be a major detriment for both sides which perpetuate warfare for their own benefit. The idea is that the concept could initiate a rebellion against the war. That's why they pose a threat by just existing.

This, unfortunately. I mean, you don't have to be tasteful, but Jesus Christ.

>it's because they have a hybrid kid

Except every time the other side talks about the trio they always talk about Alana and Marko sleeping with each other being the primary problem. The fact that there's a hybrid kid is often seen as a foot note or just a means to prove that they did. There's an impliction that Wreath wants to use the kid but that's barely developed at all.

Also
>two people from two warring races are the first people in the history of anything ever over countless centuries to get together and make the first hybrid kid ever

How realistic. But fine. Sure.

> If that information gets out that could be a major detriment for both sides which perpetuate warfare for their own benefit.

Why? Why would a random hybrid be detrimental to either side? It's an abomination at worst and a potential weapon at best. If aliens invaded our turf/we invaded theirs and we learned that we can breed with them it wouldn't really be cause to stop fighting them. I mean look at the conquest of the Americas or any other racial conflict in the real world. Mixed raced people were seen as abominations and the product of degeneracy. Didn't stop all the lynching or the genocide.