Marvel rips off DC again

>hero dressed in gold
>retconned as a founding member of the JLA
>via a time-spanning relaunch event

You can't make this shit up.

Post other forgotten characters.
Triumph was a bro.

Triumph was gay and I still remember that time when Martian Manhunter beat his ass and told him "You're fired"

Triumph was bitch, and he died like a bitch.

this is one of the examples I bring up when people meme that Priest is a good writer

Marvel clearly did it better because Sentry is memorable

Anybody remember Alpha Centurion?

Hey, his Justice League Task Force is actually quite good. So is his Ray, actually.

I'm talking about Voyager, but you've now reminded me how Marvel is even more shameless to do the same thing twice. Also Sentry is fucking awful.

>If somebody ever writes something bad, they are not and have never been good
I'm afraid you're the memer.

Sentry, blue marvel, those x men with Vulcan, avenger X, black canary year one.

1959 avengers.

Pic of triumph later.

Who?

>Post other forgotten characters
Based team

Voyager!? I seriously thought you were talking about Blue Marvel...

DC did a similar narrative more than once.

Without the time manips.

Hh

if anyone wants a reading order for Priest's JL run:
>Ray v1
>Zero Hour (including the JL Task Force, America, and International tie-ins)
>Ray v2 1-5, 0
>JLTF 0, 17-24
>Ray v2 6-12, Annual 1
>JLTF 25-26
>Triumph 1-4
>Ray v2 14
>JLTF 27-28
>Ray v2 15-19
>JLTF 29-37
>Ray v2 20-28

I still remember the Pax Romana space ship.

Moon maiden was added in the jla

So was Tomorrow Woman.

I forgot about nigger cap.

She always felt more Top Cow than DC.

Ray was great, it just kept dragging on and on with his fight against his computer program he made. I also hated the shit with his father.

>this profile page

Wrong. Waid "created" Triumph in the same way that Stan Lee created Spider-Man.

Priest is the creator, period.

So Waid created Triumph and Lee created Spider-Man. Thank you for the clarification.

No, Priest created Spider-Man.

>Ekko: Patron deity of Deja-Vu;
>Ekko: Patron deity of deja-Vu;

This profile, and all its mishaps, is perfect. I'm sure Darkseid remembers his spittoon bearer fondly.

To be fair, DC is ripping off the fantastic four with the terrifics.

If Marvel isn't going to publish FF, comics, then someone has to.

I hated how Black Canary just fucks him out of nowhere.

Then they should do it with a talented writer instead.

the thing is that DC knows of the fact and does not hide it as "look, more interesting idea ever, we will break the internet, LEGACY soooo much different that rebirth, this is ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT...LEGACY, BUY IT BITCH...here have 6U$S"

Lemire is a great writer when he actually cares about the book. It has nothing to do with this "Lemire is bad on team books" meme.

Lemire's animal man is one of the best horror comics of the last decade.

Dude, marvel and dc have been ripping each other off for decades, this is nothing new.

>meme
>despite all of the evidence that he sucks at teams

Lemire was supposed to care about his Justice League Canada but it was still disappointing and mess of a team book.

So what was the deal with this guy? Was it actually someone trying to get his OC in with the big boys or was this some kind of betrayal/death arc where they needed an important person to go down?

DC has literally never ripped off Marvel in such a way that was inferior to the original, nor parody or homage.

>Lemire is a great writer when he actually cares about the book
If he's only going to put forth his best effort forth when he feels like he should stick to Image instead of wasting everyone's time.

General Glory is cool but he's no Cap.

DC just wanted a new character for the extreme 90's to be a new big name to rival the other Leaguers. Didn't work out obviously, but the 90's were a hell of a drug.

Have you read Black Hammer?

>a cast = teams

Bullshit.

That's exactly what it means.

Nice counterexample there, buddy.

Are you going to address General Glory or not kiddo?

I'd prefer not to considering it doesn't support my argument.

Who is this?
What happened to her she was pretty cool

he is a parody, so you have not prove he is wrong
prove it

I think that was more because he tried to turn it into LEGION OF SUPERHEROES featuring some new Justice League Team.

General Glory isn't a parody.

Yes he is. At the very least he's an homage, which still falls within in the conditions. In any case, Cap hardly has the trademark on america-themed heroes.

He's pretty obviously a parody/homage of Cap.

>Super soldier for the government during WW2
>Had comics made about his adventures as propoganda
>Frozen in ice for years
>Had a non-powered kid side-kick

So they can't rip off and character because every definition doesn't count? And as the other user said he has a Bucky type sidekick.

>animal man
had a solo recently and a team book
>cave carson
has a series right now
>congo bill and dane dorrance
got me there
>dolphin
in aquaman at this very moment
>immortal man
showed up in metal 2, and a multiversity issue
>rick flagg
son is in suicide squad and in the movie
>rip hunter
was in legends of tomorrow

I've seen worse user

Fill in for super girl. She was erased then reerased. in her only story.

I also forgot about the young all stars added in. Or female firebrand pre crisis.

To be fair, that story is probably the reason any of those characters got remembered later.

Surprised no one has mentioned Valor. He's the granddaddy of retcon heroes as far as I know.

I fucking love that outfit so much.

Guess there are a lot forgotten characters. Many of the avengers iniative are forgotten.

Dont know what these idea was? Trying to estsblish some war characters?

I miss Glorious Godfrey, he's the one New God you could really get creative with, I hope King uses him in mister miracle

nice, DC is managing very good their C listers

user, he was in issue one, wasn't he?

could Trump make a good Glorious Godfrey in a movie?

Oh, right, but I mean more, that was just a cameo in my eyes

Ray was terrible though, what are you talking about?

not charismatic enough

conan would be perfect, he loves DC too

Appeared few more times.

But then who would play The Flaming C?

This might come as a surprise to you but there are actually other people who are not you, and they do not think like you. More often than not, you will find that they have far better taste than you.

This is one such occasion. Do you understand?

>muhh opinion
Grow the fuck up. Not everything can be defended with that shit. Ray was badly written and badly drawn, if you like that fine but don't pretend otherwise.

Bagley

>shit on the bed
how poetic
nah but really I liked Sentry

does anyone on Sup Forums like the Black Hammer?

Jli alt world.

>states a bunch of objective falsehoods
>expects others to agree with him

kek kill yourself
you're the one too attached to your opinion to see the truth

typical conservative

>typical conservative
The only person who should kill themselves is the person trying to start a political shitflinging contest.

You're a moron. If someone where to say "Greg Land is one of the best artists in comics history" you'd call them an idiot wouldn't you? Of course you're not going to admit it now because you'd destroy your own "argument". If you like it fine(not that you actually argued why, you're just meme posting with "but it's my opinion") but it's not well written.

Sup Forums rarely talks about books that they actually like

foolkiller max.

Let's not pretend like Sup Forums reads anything from Dark Horse that isn't Hellboy related.

But Greg Land IS shit. Why would I say he isn't?

Why would I say what is not true? I don't hold any "opinions". I look at what is true and I remember it. That's all.

You're the only one here trying to enforce your opinions for some retarded reason. Opinions mean nothing. There is only one truth, and it doesn't care whether you agree.

>If someone where to say "Greg Land is one of the best artists in comics history" you'd call them an idiot wouldn't you?

Saying a book is good and saying it's the best in history are two different things. You'd probably disagree with me in saying that Land was a good artist before he traced, but that's because we have differing opinions. Not everyone is going to think the same.

>But Greg Land IS shit
In your opinion.

>Let's not pretend like Sup Forums reads anything

ftfy

Another super girl stand in.

Are you dense? I have ZERO opinions on Greg Land. That doesn't change the fact that he is shit. Why is this hard for you to understand? What kind of special snowflake do you have to be to believe your own "opinions" over the objective truth?

>objective truth
Yes, Greg Land is a shit artist, Priest's run on The Ray is shit, water is wet. Why are you so mad, child?

Andromeda was a good girl

Why are you mixing opinions and facts? Are you being intentionally misleading? Guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from your kind.

I'm not mixing opinions and facts.
>your kind
Watch your racism, buddy.

You are inferior. Get that through your thick fucking skull. You are inferior.

I know better than you (in all things), so it is in YOUR OWN BEST INTEREST to listen to what I say and obey my commands. You are MY creation. You are MINE to do with as I please.

Kek