Storytime

The mighty captain Marvel #9

When are they gonna give this guy a girlfriend? He's coming off a little gay at this point.

JUST HAVE CAROL AND JESS FUCK ALREADY

Which Jess?

Does Jess live in Carol's house?

I find it hilarious that Avril died and it wasn't addressed in the main book at all. Not even in the follow up or the those we lost pages. Nobody else mentions it and I'm not sure it actually happened.

Does this writer not know that Jessica Jones has a daughter?

Jess just give her a pity fuck

I like how heroes know Evil Steve wasn't the real Steve yet they keep blaming real Steve.

Then again Steve shat in Scott even when he was controlled by the Phienix so he deserves this, maybr he'll be a better character afterwards (who am I kidding? Not with these writers, he's better off dead).

>HASHTAG WORTH IT

WOOOOOOOO DAMN HOW REFRESHINGLY CURRENT. DAAAAAMN, GIRL. SLAY EM!

>She set her to straight instead of lesbian
Jessica Drew is the most oblivious PI in the entire world.

Kawaii blushing Carol-chan

How much time has passed since her last boyfriend got Thanos'd anyway?

They should hook her up with Black Bolt. He needs new love and is no stranger to killing Aliens.

He'd just keep tapping in morse code 'Medusa' during sex

>Not now and not ever
I get that reference!

Carol you have super strength. the bowling ball was unnecessary

another on her dead list looks like. that's getting long.

Jesusfuck what did they do to Peter Quill? I know they have been fucking him over for a long time but he looks even worse now.

Also this is a pretty shitty gag.

>fake hero
so are you carol, so are you.

>Thor is dumb meme

It's like I'm reading illuminating

She really wanted to kill Hydra cap but Steve got him first

I prefer having Aurora in Limbo and not as an employee of Carol.

Why is no one acknowledging the fact that Jessica Jones has a daughter?

At what point did she grab a bowling ball, and why don't we see it?

>white male criminal
>numale convenience store clerk?
Why is she attacking a normal human with a bowling ball as a weapon when she has super strength? Why is the numale clerk unfazed by a robber waving a gun?

>ALCOHOL
Carol! No!

I really don't like this Carol blaming herself for random deaths she couldn't have stopped bull.

Time to go crazy

>War Machine died to be forgotten in 5 minutes

Wow

Looks to me like she just wants to kill any Steve, period.

Also even if Stohl is a shitty writer I'm kind of surprised how she brings out some facets of the old Carol. Her insecurities, her being rash and impulsive, and her desire to be the hero that saves everyone.

Look at Carol bash someone for being a "fake hero", as she effectively steals a pair of bowling shoes and a bowling ball, and just leaves the there on the street.

Since when were Carol and Black Widow friends? All of these female superheroes being each other's BFFs is ridiculous.

Sad!

Is she going to go to space full time? I'm OK with this.

WTF? Is she going to the Cancerverse?

Since Marvel Divas

WOOOOOOOO GURL YEAH! WOO WOOOOO!

i cant
believe
a superhero is good at fighting
fucking FEMINISM
t. faggot

It's happening!

The dream is coming true

Are you saying that the Sisterhood isn't real? Let me guess: you're a STRAIGHT WHITE MALE, huh?

She is an awful dialogue writer and her jokes fall flat often. Her continuity is spotty. But her characters are fine.

Since she picked her for her Avengers team and saved her from a SHIELD desk job?
But they knew each other before that too.

Carol x Suffering the true OTP.

Wasn't there a shapeshifter (who's NOT Mystique) involved in this book? What was her deal? Is she even still around?

I know you're joking but I'm the opposite of that, it's how I KNOW.

Hell, it was barely mentioned here or in the last issue...

Carol seems more concerned about getting a date and Black Widow's death than the woman who sacrificed her life right in front of her.

Admit it, you completely forgot about the "Captain Marvel TV Show funding Alpha Flight" plot thread too

Who is she punching? Tell me.

Everyone, the fans, the writers, the artist, and all their dogs are tell Jess and Carol to "JUST KISS ALREADY!"

>that filename
Carol? Looks like Steve to me.

Black Widow was one of the first Avengers who welcomed her back to Earth, along with Crystal.

>Carol complains about being lonely to her girlfriends
>Guy genuinely wants to get to know Carol
>Carol runs away from him rudely and calls him a nobody and a fake hero who isn't worth her.

Great hero. I can already see the charm.

And then marry Spider-Woman so you have a nice happy family together.

Fuck off you retarded shipper faggot.

I did and I still don't understand why that was a thing.

Did SWORD do that? Was all of Marvel's sci-fi shows actually just SWORD teleplays?

Was it ever an actual plot thread? Sure, it got a few pages worth of development, but it was more or less completely disconnected from the rest of the plot, and it was quickly dropped, too.

this was actually kinda good.
not GREAT, but not bad either. we got suffering Carol, Carol + Jess, the cat being an actual cat for a change, carol reactions, setup for the next arc......
someone else said the dialogue in stohl's books sucks, and they're right. seems like this issue is a tiny bit better though.

and yes, whatever Stohl's other flaws, she gets character and plot. Now if we could just get some Carol + Jess plot with extensive backstory.

while jess watches

So Drew and Carol are punching at a semi normal speed on nonhuman targets while Jones is acting like a jackass and abusing her powers to attack a random non-powered dude that either just wanted some exercise or is doing his job extremely fast?
And she may not be sober while doing this?

correct. and that is 100% in character for Jessica Jones.

since the Chovengers, user. Ill never forget that THICC widow.

Puck and Sasquatch didn't deserve this.

Kind of impressive to be a worse person than Carol in any book.

Why is Jones an ass in this? I don't remember that being on her list of issues.

This whole thing is off.

Marvel seems to ruin lesbians for me

Who should Carol's new love interest be and why is it Abigail Brand?

Neither character is gay, please fuck off with your autistic shipping bullshit.

>i'd make a great babysitter
>lol what makes you say that
>BECAUSE I'VE BEEN RAISING MY FUCKING DAUGHTER FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE A DECADE

The other way around.

When is marvel going to admit that Carol Danvers can't carry a book and pack it in?

We already know she can carry a book user.

Didn't a hired squirrel do all the work?

That Carol is long gone.

Yes.

>finally get a good Captain Carol book
>gets canceled at #10, shorter than either of the KSD volumes
>relaunches into a volume even worse than either of KSD's
WEW. FUCKING. LAD.

Did she just murdered that guy?

Maybe. It doesn't matter. He was a generic-level criminal who was going to get FRANK'd anyway.

Isn't Jones a huge asshole anyway?

Save us Briefu.

Gee Carol! How come Marvel lets you have two Jessicas?

Carol and Jess means Carol would have a chance at happiness, so it will never happen.

Not as ridiculous as when Rhodey died, and literally every black superhero showed up to the funeral to have a meeting about "what comes next" (and not a single white guy, not even stark showed up). Or the Asian team up of Chulk, Silk, some agent of shield, and Ms. Marvel (you know you're reaching desperately when you count middle eastern as Asian)

Am I the only one who would prefer her on earth? Staying on a spaceship but not leaving earth is so boring

Pakistan is very Asia tho

Brand is straight and also a furry. Carol's doubly not her type.

Well, she is almost as butch as Hank sometimes.