Did he really do anything wrong?

>didn't use meth before a preidential debate
>supported the silent majority
>ended the Vietnam War (ungrateful hippies)
>made deals with CHINA
>is LEE TARLY HITLER because some jews found out that he was eavesdropping and removed 20 minutes of a tape.
>considered racist for cutting down on dem programs
Was he really a bad president or did public education cheated us?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1994/07/he-was-a-crook/308699/
watergate.info/1972/06/23/the-smoking-gun-tape.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the government is 100 percent jewish occupied.

he was impeached because he was red pilled on jews

he was great, tried to bring in mincome to save the nuclear family but the Illuminati shut him down

>didn't use meth before debate
Why is this a good thing. If there's a crisis, you can be damn sure I'd want our president to be as alert and mentally stimulated as possible

>literally went from the poorhouse to the whitehouse
>genius level iq
>game theory master
>ended US involvement in the Civil war in Vietnam by bombing Hanoi into dust
>Opened up Trade to China,trapping China in trade scheme that they cant pull out of ever without collapsing

best president

He fucked Iran

>TL;DR Chaotic good: the candidate.

Also, you need to consider historical context. Late 60s, and somewhat early 70s were FUCKING INSANE. As bad as now with SJWs and BLM but times two.
MLK killed and riots all over the country in 68.
Communist subversion in the form of the Hippie movement.
Honestly, he had a proto-clinton type political personality, but he used it for good.

He was too based

Don't forget Malcolm X and George Lincoln Rockwell.

Yup, but I can't imagine GLR really mattered to the normies of the time.

Bruh watergate wasn't about the tapes themselves. It was the exposure of the coverup and other shit Nixon did after.

tl;dr
>Guys with CIA ties caught breaking into Watergate building
>Burglars all worked for a committee for Nixon's reelection
>White house denies all involvement
>Washington post keeps a seemingly minor story in the news
>Nixon is also losing his damn mind and making angry speeches whenever information about Watergate leaks, which makes people suspicious as hell
>Eventually one of the burgers cracks, doesn't want to be a patsy
>Reveals white house involvement in Watergate
>Reveals that all conversations in the oval office are recorded (the Watergate tapes)
>Tapes would have definitive proof of any white house involvement
>Nixon does everything he can to prevent the release of the tapes
>He even fires several of the lead prosecutors who were supposed to investigate him, a complete abuse of power
>Eventually transcripts of the tapes are released
>Tapes reveal Nixon himself ordered a cover up the night of the burglary
>Tapes also revealed the insane, paranoid mindset of Nixon's cabinet
>Nixon kept a list of enemies of the white house, including journalists

He got caught lying to the public for weeks, he got caught directly ordering a cover up, he abused his power by firing the people ordered to determine his own guilt or innocence, and the Watergate tapes revealed the full dark underside of Nixon's politics.

He was a powerful and conscientious statesman. He opposed degeneracy and was from a good Quaker family.

nixon was crucified to allow americans to come to peace with their evils in vietnam/containment policy and failures of past presidents of the time.

No, he's the last good president we had. Not great, but good nonetheless.

CFR pawn

>but I can't imagine GLR really mattered to the normies of the time.
I'd challenge that notion, despite the low numbers the ANP made quite a few headlines, plus GLR had spent quite a bit of time going around and talking at universities, something that would never be allowed to happen now.

this. despite the harsh ending to his career, Nixon seems to have been somewhat vindicated by the real legacy of his good acts.

This. All other answers are incorrect.

"Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship." - HST

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1994/07/he-was-a-crook/308699/

Vindicated isn't the word I'd use. I think if you compare the potential of Nixon to the reality, you see a story of pure tragedy.

Nixon's first term put him on the path to be one of the greatest presidents of all time. He opened relations with China, which no one thought possible. He desegregated schools. He started the end of Vietnam. He brought the POWs home and ended the draft. He created the EPA and was president during the moon landing. He won reelection in a landslide with 60% of the popular vote.

Then during his second term he lost his mind. The Watergate burglary started his downfall. but what really led to his impeachment was his repeated denial of any wrongdoing on his part (even after the tape of him ordering the coverup was made public) and the shady revelations the investigation showed about how Nixon ran the white house.

>Richard Nixon was an evil man
Opinion discarded

Can you post audio proof of those tapes? Because I've developed a lack of faith in taking the news companies at their word as of late.

www.nixonlibrary.gov/forresearchers/find/tapes/watergate/trial/transcripts.php

>made deals with CHINA

Which literally lead to the loss of millions of American jobs.

This
Nixon was based

Nixon really shit the bed with Watergate, but other than that I've thought of him as a decent President.

He would've been great without the scandals

Just going to assume those are probably valid proof because I don't wanna listen to that fucking horrid audio.

he was the last good president , but also the symbol of the worst about politics.

You can also read the transcripts of them. The transcripts were released by Nixon's people in an attempt to quell interest in the tapes (and lel it didn't at all) so if you're worried about bias the transcripts are about as pro-Nixon as you can get. And even then they're pretty damning.

This is the one they call the "smoking gun tape". It reveals Nixon ordered the FBI to cease their investigation into Watergate just six days after the burglary.

watergate.info/1972/06/23/the-smoking-gun-tape.html

Richard Nixon was one of the best presidents in American history. He was removed for the same reasons JFK was killed -- he was a threat to jewish power.

While Nixon was running against LBJ, both promised to end the Vietnam war, but LBJ was getting results with the Paris peace conference approaching. As such, he was leading in the polls. So what did Nixon do?

He secretly contacted the South Vietnamese president and promised to get him a better deal if he held out. As a result, South Vietnam did not attend, and the peace talks fell apart. The war went on for another 7 years.

This is borderline treason, but I bet Sup Forums will still try to defend it. He was effective in office though.

richard nixon was hands down the best president the United States ever had. The disgusting democrats cheated him like they cheat everything

The peace talks also failed because the Vietcong refused to accept any agreement that didn't include removal of Nguyễn Văn Thiệu and overthrow of his government, and LBJ then later Nixon/Kissinger refused to overthrow an ally.

The deadlock was only broken when Nixon conceded a cease fire as precondition for withdrawal and the NLF conceded allowing the Saigon government to remain in power.

>abolished the gold standard
>good guy

lel

I always confuse Nixon and Johnson. They look the same to me

If Nixon had fessed up, I bet he would of gotten away with everything. However, his personality probably would never have let him do that, since it would mean admitting a mistake. And honestly speaking, he didn't make a mistake, but the people around him did which cost him everything. He genuinely had good reason to be a paranoid little shit.

Nixon was great, shame about Watergate tarnishing him and American politics.

Literally guilty of Clinton-style corruption. You can't love him and then damn her for the same shit.