Darkest Cartoon Moments?

Darkest Cartoon Moments?

The most messed up/trauma inducing stuff to grace the screen. Only shows aimed to be family or child friendly. Obviously since lots of "Adult Cartoons" seem to thrive on dark humor.

Plus it's more unexpected when its in something "for kids".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KdQSQroNt2k
youtube.com/watch?v=I1t6E44fJbc
youtube.com/watch?v=yjf6mL_Xrb8
youtube.com/watch?v=InW-SyPYfcM
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8LOO8xBg0
youtube.com/watch?v=8k42LQ2ymcw
youtube.com/watch?v=mJeOR9_vIno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Great Mouse Detective

You know the scene.

Think THAT'S dark? You didn't see the deleted scene where Thumper starts having sex with the carcass while Bambi tearfully shouts at him to stop...

The ending to Jin Roh.

Bambi is perpetually screwed in life. He is one of the most badass disney protagonists as an adult, yet he is always depicted as a fawn

youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ

Was this ever actually aired in American territory?

This scene was pretty dark for a children's movie.

They never show you Bambi's mother's body in the movie, so where is this from?

I AM CALLING THE POLICE!!

what was it?

Scar was forcing a young Simba to give him a blow job.

>took no shit from anyone and gave no shits about anyone
>except when her husbando is killed and then it's rat genocide best day of my life
Based Adder. Best girl.

Who will keep our proud British tradition of animations that shatter childhood innocence with harrowing animal deaths alive Sup Forums?

If we're also talking comics I thing this counts.

I 100% lost my original copy

The entire life and times of TMNT 2003 Baxter Stockman.
youtube.com/watch?v=KdQSQroNt2k

Y'know that part in "Secret of NIMH" where Miz Briz saves her kids with that Deus Ex Machina?

Yeah, the part before that where you see her home sinking into the mud and you both see and hear her kids trying to keep their heads above the mud and breathe...that is motherfucking Nightmare Fuel, and it kicks into High Octane if you're a parent.

Oliver and Company is a pretty cute movie up until the part where Oliver and Dodger push those two dogs onto the subway tracks and we see them get electrocuted to death. And then the villain gets fucking obliterated by a train. Pretty intense shit for Disney.

Take a step back form TV tropes.

I wish I were kidding

>darkest moments
>Bambi
Lion King actually showed the corpse of the dead parent to really nail in what happened. Simba trying to wake his dad up is sad as hell. And then the murderer happens to be a person Simba trusts just to make it even more fucked up.

It may be cliche and they eventually retconned it, but this right here still fucking hurts to watch. I watched it when it first aired so I had a long wait before they changed it. Hell, just grabbing this picture off google made tears start to well up.

Your example may be valid for "Saddest Moments", but it isn't really that dark or messed up. Still agreeing with you though for the sad aspect, anything with sad pets gets to me.

>they eventually retconned it
Oh thank God. How, though?

We told you this when you made the thread yesterday, that's heavy but not dark. Dark is something completely different.

Turns out Fry had actually been there the whole time, via time travel.

In the movie, really convoluted plotline, but IIRC I remember a version of Fry goes back to the year 2000 and lives with him long enough to go bald.

You now realize that no matter what, its past the lifetime of a dog born before the year 2000

Time paradox duplicates of Fry went back and took care of him.

I remember watching it when I was a wee lad.

>made this thread yesterday

wut? link

wtf is that hunter's problem. He just shows up to kill everything

It was aired in Canada

You fucker I just watched Bambi

I don't believe you

Woundwort kicked that dog's ass before going down.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1t6E44fJbc

What sick fuck shoots a doe especially one with a fawn?

I did not remember that about that movie.

Seymour never died at the end of that episode to begin with though; he was fossilized on his feet and not laying down.

If I recall the book correctly, Woundwort wound up becoming something of a Boogieman that rabbit mothers used to terrify their kits into obedience. It was suggested that Woundwort would have approved of this.

Remember when they cut Shredder's head off

In Samson and Sally the part where Samson is trying to wake up the dead humpback was terrifying because of the look on his face, and I wasn't even a kid when I saw it the first time.

This special got fucked up really fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=yjf6mL_Xrb8

It's not necessarily traumatizing, but this scene was really fucking dark, especially for a pixar movie. That's what, 15, 20 superheroes that all died unceremonious and presumably graphic deaths, with everyone they ever knew assuming they just vanished?

Off the top of my head:
>Rescuers, the little girl and the henchman were nearly executed in the middle of a swamp to cover up a gem theft/kidnapping, girl almost drowned retrieving the gem
>Oliver & Company, main villain got wiped out by a train, shortly before that his dogs got electrocuted to death when they fell on a live rail
>An American Tail, had an open coffin funeral and had several instances of death
>Great Mouse Detective, henchman gets fed to a cat
>Tarzan, Clayton accidentally lynches himself while panicking and trying to escape a tangle of vines

Sometimes its more interesting to see how classic stories remade for cartoons/movies got changed to be less graphic. Original Cinderella the ugly stepsisters cut off their toes and bunyuns to try to make their feet fit into the glass slipper, filling them with blood. At the end of the tale the sisters and the stepmother were sentenced to death and made to dance themselves to death in red hot iron boots. I wonder if there'd be enough interest to get a movie/series going that makes cartoons directly truthful to the original stories, keeping in the good and bad.

The cape sequence is actually a lot darker than that when you read the bios for those characters.

At least the people going up against the Omnidroid wasn't played for laughs.

Wow, I mean the subject matter isnt serious but those are some brutal casualties

>Thunderhead fucking dies while saving some girl's life
>Bob calls him a retard after the fact

Bob comes across as even more of an asshole for that when you remember that Thunderhead was one of the guests at his wedding.

The episode with Sheldon and the space pirates was extremely fucked up.

Why did this give me a panic attack?

>there will NEVER be a better pixar or disney villain better than Syndrome
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

WOW, IT'S JUST LIKE I'M REALLY METROID NOW! BAZINGA!

Basically all of Felidae

youtube.com/watch?v=InW-SyPYfcM

Oh man.... this show had some INSANELY dark and graphic moments.
Somehow, that one episode where the purple dragons' leader freaking CUTS A MUTANT IN HALF WITH A GODDAMN MINIGUN didn't trigger any censors. I have never forgotten. There was lots of blood.

Plasmius probably rammed Phantom's sweet boipucci for years too

What did he mean by this?

>The episode with Sheldon and the space pirates

>Kung Fu Panda
>Pixar
>Disney

It is the same shit. And they cab never top the evil stepmother anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8LOO8xBg0
or
youtube.com/watch?v=8k42LQ2ymcw

youtube.com/watch?v=mJeOR9_vIno

I love that whole reveal scene.

How about this fun little scene from Hercules?

Hero wasting away before our eyes, the word of the villain he won't survive, lost souls swirling around, the Fates about to cut the thread, hero desperately reaching for the hand of his beloved...

Yeah it leads to an awesome moment of triumph but damn that got dark real fast, especially considering the tone of the rest of the film.

>especially considering the tone of the rest of the film

Yeah no kidding, it feels like a completely different movie for a few minutes there.

God I love the last 25 minutes or so of Paranorman