Why did this show fail?

Why did this show fail?

You can't make a show based on pure aesthetic alone.

Eh, I thought the characters were engaging and the worldbuilding was great. I wanted to know more. Definitely needed a better writer though, too many poop jokes.

because its a less intelligent archer ripoff

It didn't give enough laughs or have good writing.
To know we lost Ugly Americans for it really sucks too.

Is this true?

Instead of posting you could have spent your time actually watching the show

Give me a real answer instead of regurgitating comments you saw on a youtube trailer for the show you fucking coward

i did, i watched every episode (pizazz=young mallory, rad=barry, dazzle=archer) it even has the same basic episode layout, "the agency just received a new mission dazzle in his arrogance refuses to read the dossier and and consequentially doesn't know the important details to the mission or is sidetracked and gets by through luck and happenstance" but the difference is moon doesn't have as many witty funny jokes, now i did find this show enjoyable, in fact "The Strike Visualizer Strikes Again" is my favorite episode
tl;dr less intelligent archer ripoff

>Character literally drugs himself by inhaling literal shit
Gee, I don't know
Also
>Comedy Central "jokes"

It couldn't stand out in the sea of adult comedy. Which is a shame because I do like the art and some of the humor.

Bad first impression. The first episodes were bad, but the later ones were so much better.

I only watched a handful of episodes, and this was the vibe I got as well. It's just a bunch of aggressively apathetic/narcissistic people, and there are plenty of shows that have that and do it better.

First episode sucked ass, nobody tuned in to watch any more.

dolphin fucker

i know right? the most disappointing thing was the lack of music, the entire show had a synthwave style and they did nothing with it musically and relied on lazier jokes

>LISTEN UP PUNK LEMME TELL YOU WHAT'S UP!

>YOU'RE GONNA EAT CRAP AND THAT'S WHAT'S UP!

>YOU MIGHT THINK THAT STEALING'S COOL!

>BUT IT'S NOT AS COOL AS KUNG-FOOOOOOOOWOOOWOOOOOH!

>...EAT CRAP!

Critics panned it right off the bat for being an archer clone, and it never lost that rep. Sad, because it really isn't - I watched both shows and it was clear that there was a difference.

I loved the look of it - the aesthetic of the world and characters was just fun. The venetian blinds effect on Pizzaz's face. The animation was clearly better than Archer's flash animation as well.

The music was great. The low synth tone to censor words was perfect. The variety and quality of the voice cast was really nice. The fucking wordplay that they constantly put in the dialogue. The dialogue in general.

All in all, it sucks that it only got 10 eps, but at least they wrapped up a season instead of it just dropping off in the middle of something and being left unfinished entirely.

This is true. E.O. Jackson gets to take Pizzaz to lunch forever now.

Think this show would've done better if it were on Adult Swim?

I don't think so, the only reason i even herd of it is because it was on a commercial break in a southpark ep

I
t aired after South Park which is Comedy Central's biggest time slot. But it was shit so no one watched it.

Adult Swim gets away with horrible shows that people watch just because it's animated so it might have been popular there.

It is bassically an archer clone. I've seen all 10 episodes, and despite a few choice differences, it's basically the same thing. It's an animated law enforcement sitcom that's hyper stylized and vulgar. The writing wasn't as good, the plot wasn't as well thought out, and all together it was a weaker contender among the juggernauts of adult animation. That, and it had no stand out qualities aside from being a cash crab off of the vaporwave movement.

na they wouldn't have picked it up, its not edgy/bizarre enough to gain a notable cult following which did seem to be adultswim's strategy for a while back then, it probably was pitched there first but was rejected.

Rob Lowe

Dazzle was written to be too incompetent to maintain viewer interest.

I actually do feel like Rob Lowe's comment regarding the terror attack at the time cost the team a lot. Otherwise it might have at least gotten a shot at Season 2.

Really though, I imagine the harsh critic reviews were because Comedy Central didn't bother to do the usual bribing schtick that's done with review outlets these days.

>I totally watched the show!
You didn't watch the show.

Post your favorite quotes.

>"Legally, I can make any 3 people here do each other!"

>"Rad Cunningham...his name should be Dan Druff. Cause I wish he'd stay out of my hair."

>"And may your ugly bloodline die with you!"

>"Now I'm just a nap-deprived husk of a man with nothing to put in my holster but Skittles. Rainbow candies can't bring down a warlord."

lack of advertising?

It was pretty good, I liked it better than archer.

Because it was needlessly crass and edgy.

Exactly. People aren't drawn to the 80's aesthetic expecting narcissism, it's because they're looking for something comfy and nostalgic.

>"Nyeh nyeh nyeh, you can't shoot me, I'm underage!"

>"Oh oh sorry, I meant no disrespect BITCH. I mean ma'am."

>"If you screw this up, you'll work in this town again...in a worse job."

>"Rad Cunningham...the kid who doesn't wipe properly at the slumber party of life."

>Shoot at the base of the fire, that's where its brains are!

Not him but I watched it and it pretty much was.

>Rob Lowe's comment regarding the terror attack at the time
?

That and it sucked

Turning Terry McGinnis into a vampire just didn't fly with Batman Beyond fans.

the writing was terrible

it was beautiful though. if only american animation were allowed to be melancholy instead of always being puerile comedy shit

Not enough jail sex

i dunno man, i just miss Pizzaz

tear it down

it has goat waifus

The first two episodes sucked and everyone gave up on it, then they switched the time sealing its fate.

They should have rolled the dice on a second season. It really got its shit together and figured out what it wanted to be in the last 2-3 episodes.

But the animation was so much better than archer.

it was pretty cool but it leaned way to heavily on the whole archer quirky vibe it forced upon itself

I have no idea, it was brilliant.

the mainstream audience have something called "girlfriends"

Sounds gross

DUDE VAPORWAVE LMAO

Pretty much anything that has that digital animation style is immediately dismissed as an Archer clone. But that's only part of the reason why it got canned. I loved the show, but even I knew that it wasn't that funny. The other big reason was that it's production cost was just too damn high because of the voice talent involved most of whom work on other TV and movie projects. Too a lesser degree the art and music direction might have been a factor, too, since it did look and sound better than most sitcoms of its variety.

It's no surprise that it got cancelled, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. Pizzaz was a top-shelf waifu and still my favorite.

*Jaxxon

MC looks like Ryo.

If so, Archer is a Rip-off of "Agent 86" and has to be canceled

Watched a few eps while it ran, it's great to look at and had, well, serviceable writing.
Such a shame it suffered "Archer clone" accusations, I haven't been able to watch that show because of how unappealing it looks, especially in comparison.
But as it is with a lot of adult cartoons, the uglier it looks, the more likely it'll garner attention.
I think MbC was just too mediocre overall to get enough attention either way.

I really liked it. In the beginning it was a little bit hit and miss but the later episodes where all top notch.
It may be called Archer-clone but the artstyle and visuals was way better than Archer.
Also Pizzaz is life.

Because they let Elizabeth Banks touch it.

It had a hard life.
Allegations of being an Archer Ripoff because...well it has an arrogant white prettyboy...and really that's all you need.
Out the gate it was a slow start, happens with a lot of shows.
They got dicked over by scheduling so the best episodes of the series came on ONCE at fucking 1 in the morning.
It probably had an unjustifiable budget. I doubt CC wants to pay for an animated show that costs whatever decent animation costs and would rather have a cartoon that looks like an internet flash cartoon. Ontop of that ALL THE POINTLESS CELEBRITIES. Everyone did a decent job but Rob Lowe, Kate Mara, and that cute white chick just aren't recognizable in voice acting enough to warrant hiring them since they probably cost a ton of money. Then they kept having celebrity guest stars, why did you need Susan Sarandon and Molly Shannon?

Also it had a weird sense of humor, I liked it but I can see many people not thinking "A badger question small children about the appearance of God then being incredibly closeminded to any answers that don't align with his own" is one of the best jokes they've seen in years.

I feel like I point this out every MC thread, but the tone and humor was a lot more similar to Metalacalypse than Archer.

Of course, it didn't help that the first episode had a "needlessly complex disguise backstory" joke.

It never shook early allegations of being an Archer rip off and the poor writing quality of the first few episodes turned people off before it got to the later episodes, which were genuinely funny.

>weird sense of humor
Go look up the creator's Family Circus parodies where he self-inserts as a character whose entire purpose is to correct stupid things the kids say as abusively as possible. In the space of a year it slowly morphs into Scott having an affair with the mother then literally being pushed out of the way by an aggressive Tyrone.

Those were great.

Weak comedy instead of stylized cop drama or self aware parody of 80's buddy cop movies.

every single character was hot, even the gross ones

The only real downside was the show's treatment of Rad. In the first episode he was a fairly competent rival to Dazzle (at least until the "Gripping Powder" came in), but in every episode after he's a complete butt monkey.

See it owrked out because Dazzle was equally incompetent as a cop.

The first two episodes were terrible, so a lot of people didn't bother watching the later, better episodes.

because it didn't have the best pizzazz

No, this show was awesome

>I ATE THE POOP

>These bitches are vicious
I kekd so hard when her dad said that about his daughters. It was a really funny show, and rad was best husbando. I miss it.

I wouldve wished it was a straight cop action show with a crazy aesthetic. the humor was kind of shit.

Patrick Nagel deserves better than a shitty comedy