I don't give a shit about rick and morty, I never watched community either...

I don't give a shit about rick and morty, I never watched community either. I just want to know what the deal is with Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland

Dan Harmon is some SJW who went through a divorce so he's self inserting himself into Jerry as he turns him into male Meg Griffin. Also, he probably wanted to get his dick wet so he tossed some of his writers and hired females with the same views as him. Justin is just there...

Talks like Porky Pig. Couldn't listen to more than a few minutes of his podcast because of the constant stuttering

>I don't give a shit about any Sup Forums media, or any media related to them, I just wanna gossip about celebrities

I just want to know why everyone shits on these guys.

There's this extremely uncomfortable interview, I can't find it right now but basically was just Justin getting interviewed and suddenly Harmon came in. Justin revealed that he had plans to make a cartoon for fox and Harmon started acting like a nagging wife asking then and there why he hadn't told him. Really really awkward

People like Justin (some dislike him for letting this happen, though) people hate Dan because he's a 45 year old man spewing his political views and divorce issues into a cartoon. He also white knights the female writers so there's that/

I know you're not shitting on the Grandma's Virginity Podcast

These. Dan Harmon is a piece of shit in the obnoxious sense.

Man Justin's pretty cute

I recently went down the Harmonhole after having little exposure of his previous works. Initially I thought this was another person anons were blowing out of proportion, but I was wrong. He's a huge alcoholic asshole who thinks it's somehow okay to be a terrible person if he acknowledges it.

One example is one of the times he went on a drunk tirade on twitter. An underage user asked if he was drinker than usual and Harmon spent multiple tweets tearing him a part, mentioning his parents wouldn't have divorced if they had an abortion instead of having him.
Another example is him walking and joining in on an interview Roiland had, ending with him confronting Roiland about an animated project he went to someone else about and flipping shit on him, saying he should've come to him, he needs to provide for his future kids, etc. Usually I don't give a shit about this kind of stuff, but Harmon's personality really gives context Rick's characterization and the course this show is taking.

People just shit on everyone.

>mentioning his parents wouldn't have divorced if they had an abortion instead of having him.
Good god...I hate kids too but that is not okay on any level. Did Harmon apologize at least?

>white knights the female writers
Isn't he, like, their boss and the leader of the writing team? It's literally part of his job to stick up for his people.

But has he when it came to the other writers?

Trying to look for that interview but absolutely nothing seems to come up.
Anyone know what interview it is (if it even exists)?

Tell that to Ike Perlmutter at Marvel.

I've seen this exact interview. I think it was for Entertainment Weekly?

>I just want to know what the deal is with Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland

Justin Roiland is the adventurous soul of the show. He gets shitfaced on set and makes crazy, outlandish storylines. Doc and Mahrty is the essence of his humor. It's random, absurd, and without direction, but unique to himself. Dan Harmon reels it in and puts it in a framing device and makes the characters more realistic.

The problem is that Justin Roiland genuinely doesn't care about the overall direction of the show and Dan Harmon is free to railroad a sci-fi adventure series with light drama into an entire season dedicated to the divorce plotline of two side characters as his own method of venting for his own inadequacies and inability to get over his wife.

People in the thread are doing a shitty job at describing Dan.

Dan is a decent but he's known to pander to his audience and he's known to be an abusive narcissist. Rick and Morty is the most success he's had on a show on the account how he allows blow's things up in his face. Him "sticking up to his writing team" is something very much new to him as he's frequently been known to verbally lash out on people.

He got fired from both the Sarah Silverman Show and Community for constantly lashing out at his employee's, causing Silverman to break down in tears in the former show and multiple actors downright quitting in the latter shows. He's also recently gotten through a divorce on the account that every time he got upset or she so much as talked back to him he'd call her a cunt and when not being explicitly verbal of his emotional abuse he'd make really creepy comments like "I know she'll never leave me because if she did I'll kill myself".

I really can't blame for Dan sticking up with his crew considering how most of his life he's been a piece of shit and this is his way of trying to be less of a piece of shit. If he were to "criticize" them he'd probably devolve it into how they're all worthless and tell them all to kill themselves because that's just the sort of guy he is and for obvious reasons he doesn't want to be that guy. Rick and Morty being more blunt and in your face of its morals is very likely just an extension of him taking out all his insecurities on.

As for Justin, he's just some guy in Sup Forums who got his lucky break.

I really love Community.

That's my contribution to this thread.

Some of his stuff is pretty funny. Have you seen his Daryl short?

I've never seen anything about the show, but I hate how he always plugs it in every interview or whenever he can.
One of the reasons I am avoiding it.