Which Sup Forums property would you like to see tuenred into a classic 80's beat 'em up?

Which Sup Forums property would you like to see tuenred into a classic 80's beat 'em up?

Most of the ones where the violence would fit have been done already from Marvel/DC.

Sorry for going too modern, but I guess Rick and Morty? Or Steven Universe (like the Scott Pilgrim game)

Street Sharks

Darkwing Duck would've been great.

Boondocks.

Bob's Burgers

Who would you play as?

>The very first answer wasn't Mike Tyson Mysteries
Come the fuck on.

SpongeBob

>Popeye

Good choice, I can see it, but who would you have for co-op? Poopdeck Pappy for Player 2, sure, but who else? Olive can't fight (and she's probably who you'll be rescuing from End Boss Bluto, anyway) and Wimpy sure as hell can't fight. Who the fuck else?

Bombshells.

Definitely Bombshells.

Jeep

some random Goon.

>Jeep

Eugene the Jeep is too overpowered and not anthropomorphic enough for a beat-em up.

>some random Goon.

Alice the Goon was the goodguy Goon from the Segar comics, so I could see her as a third player. In fact, all the generic Goons would be perfect beat em up fodder for a Goon Land stage.

Ducktales with players choosing Donald, Scrooge, the Triplets (one character) or lets say Launchpad.

Gizmoduck is the screen clearing bomb.

That was a platformer, not a beat-em-up, though.

Castor Oyl

Swee'Pea

Pooky Jones

I honestly think that a Player 2 as Bluto would be okay.

>I honestly think that a Player 2 as Bluto would be okay.

I'd be down with that; you could go straight-up Double Dragon with it. Popeye and Bluto work together to save Olive from the End Boss, the Sea Hag. But then only one of them can have Olive, so Player 1 and 2 have to fight each other.

Shit, this game practically makes itself.

superjail staff

Wouldn't Bluto be the boss though.

I mean, I could see a different version of Bluto being the boss for every level.

I'm trying to think of a King of the Hill version, but who would the boss characters be?

The answer is obviously Peggy as a giant demon.

So here's how I'd do a Popeye beat-em up

>The Sea Hag kidnaps Olive, Wimpy, Pappy, Swee'Pea and the 3 shitty nephews
>Popeye and Bluto both want to rescue Olive so they team up as player 1 and 2
>Each stage is based on a short with accordingly themed foot soldier enemies to plow through
>>Sindbad the Sailor's island, you fight through monsters and pirates
>>Goon Land, you fight through Goons
>>Abu Hassan's cave, you fight through his gang of thieves
>Each boss is one of Bluto's relatives who have been hired by the Sea Hag: Sindbad, Abu Hassan, "Brutus", etc.
>When you beat a boss, you rescue one of the kidnapped friends. Some might join as an optional playable fighter, like Pappy. Others might be usable as stage clearing assists (Eugene the Jeep) or to drop spinach can power ups (the nephews or Swee-Pea) or health-restoring hamburgers (Wimpy)
>Defeat the Sea Hag to save Olive at the end
>Popeye and Bluto have to fight each other to determine who gets Olive
>Regardless of who wins, the end cut scene has Olive go off with George W. Geezil just like she did at the end of "A Clean Shaven Man" because Olive is a cunt

I dunno. I'd play that.

Well the question is, you do you play as? The Hill family or Hank, Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer?

>but who would the boss characters be?

The end boss would be charcoal incarnate.

noice

Obviously Hank and his buddies. I could honestly see Bobby as a boss with his "forms" all being references to the girly shit he's done throughout the series. Of course when you beat him, he snaps back to normal an becomes an assist character

I keep feeling like Kahn should be the big boss.

Definitely this. With its numerous characters and locations, Spongebob has fucking stratospheric potential to deliver a quality beat-em-up. I'm surprised that nobody's thought of the idea before, especially during the show's golden years when it was getting licensed games left and right.

>4-player co-op featuring Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward
>Plankton steals the Krabby Patty secret formula and Mr. Krabs asks Spongebob and co. to get it back
>Spongebob's moveset consists of jellyfishing, bubble-blowing, and KAH-RAH-TAY attacks
>Patrick can stun enemies with a belly flop
>Sandy is also armed with karate moves, as well as a lasso because Texas
>Squidward attacks with his tentacles and mediocre clarinet playing
>Each character has a special screen-clearing attack (e.g., Spongebob absorbs and blows out bubbles like in the show's intro, Squidward performs Solitude in E Minor, Patrick goes into DON'T CALL ME TUBBY mode)
>Enemies include nematodes, rogue jellyfish, Salty Spitoon thugs, and Plankton's robots
>Power-ups include health-restoring Krabby Patties, attack-boosting Anchor Arms, and Glove World balloons that grant a higher jump
>Gary, Mr. Krabs, Pearl, Larry Lobster, Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, and Bubble Buddy as assist characters
>Stages consist of Downtown Bikini Bottom, Goo Lagoon, an area infested with fish hooks, the Industrial Park, the back of the Alaskan Bull Worm, Rock Bottom, the Flying Dutchman's Ship (with a Fly of Despair mini-stage), and finally, the Chum Bucket
>Bonus games involve serving food to hungry anchovies at the Krusty Krab or dodging traffic in a boat at Mrs. Puff's Boating School
>Bubble Bass, King Jellyfish, Man Ray, King Neptune, the Flying Dutchman, Dennis, and obligatory Giant Plankton as stage bosses
>post-credits scene reveals that the entire story was an old arcade game Patchy the Pirate and Potty the Parrot were playing

Eh, I'd buy it.

In the exact same style as the Avengers, X-Men, Simpsons etc you have the four guys. Each one would have a different stat and special skill like Dale would throw pocket sand or poison the area, Boomhauer would say "Yo" and it freezes everyone around him or drive his camaro through the screen, Bill would Billdozer in a straight line, Hank would toss an exploding propane tank.

Hank has even stats
Bill is stronger but is the slowest
Dale is fastest and has the best main weapon but has lowest HP
Boomhauer has low attack and high speed

The character select would just the the alley pic.

Bosses would be
Kahn,
Willie Lane,
Debbie with a shotgun,
Trip Larson in a pig costume,
Jimmy Witchard
Alabaster
Mad Dog
Omega House Sorority
and Thatherton as the final boss

Alice or Jailbot. Alice does more damage but moves slower and Jailbot moves faster and has better animation but doesn't do as much damage

>RWBY Grimm Eclipse
tried to be a Warriors style game when it could've been one of these
>Ladybug
works with the size of the rogues gallery but not nearly as well as RWBY would
>Rick and Morty
Because why not, Morty? We're stuuuuuuuck in this beat em up Morty, and there's another Rick at the end. We got- we gotta punch him Morty! We gotta punch him and shoot him with lasers Morty!

THATHERTON!

I'd do that but go further and have it done like Cuphead but of course in the style of the old Fleischer cartoons.

90's era Powerpuff Girls. Except instead of an 80's aesthetic it's got the thick outlines, corny sound effects and jagged, painted backgrounds of the original TV show. Maybe a mixture of on-rails flight segments and city based land segments.

Oh shit this has potential for such

Daredevil or Judge Dredd

Any of the assholes of the week Hank & family would face on each episode.

>Bosses
You forgot this one

And this one

Black and white or Ted Turner-style colorization?

You could use the different incarnations of Popeye, like Popeye in black and white, or Popeye as a comic strip and such.

Neither of them could put up much of a fight against grown men, especially with a couple of powerhouses like Hank and Bill

Transformers is perfect for a beat'em up, I don't know why it hasn't been done yet.

Despite the emphasis on jet combat SWAT Kats has a great deal of on foot combat that wouldn't be out of place in a beat em up.

>I am everywhere you want to be Hank Hill

Both

futurama would be kewl.
transformers

justice league heroes: the flash for GBA fucking 10/10 imo

Swat Kats would work better in that format than as the platformer it got. Throw in a few bullet hell flying stages in between and it'd be pure gold. Maybe add Felina Feral in there as a third, ranged option.

Alternately, a Golden Axe knockoff using Mighty Max characters. Max is the speedster, Virgil is the magical glass cannon, and Norman is the hack-and-slash guy.

Lackadaisy.

Beat 'em up, or Bullet Hell.