I suicide a red-pilled concept...

I suicide a red-pilled concept? I don't think I'd ever do it because there are friends and family that would be hurt badly, but honestly that's probably the only reason

Nah, it's also weak and cowardly.
An escape from reality to avoid having to get stronger or having to face your fears.

Suicide is a hyper rational concept given a nihilistic world view. People are addicted to life so they oppose it as something evil. In the end you will die and 'forget' everything, the good and the bad, and it will be as if you never existed.

>says the agoraphobic Sup Forums addicted neet

Addicted to life? Interesting.

Logically speaking, suicide is, by definition, the least rational thing a person can do. Something is rational if it is beneficial to a person's existence. Suicide ends a person's existence.

But logic and rationality don't rule our lives. Emotion and instinct does. If you feel that your life is so shitty and insufferable that you want to end it, I would go out on a suicide run: drinking, fucking, drugs, theft, murder, the works. Make it count, at least on some cynical social metric.

Please, we're not all like you.
If this is a touchy subject for you you shouldn't be here.

Some people would literally die without their fix of it. Hell of a drug.

>Something is rational if it is beneficial to a person's existence.

existence isn't rational to begin with

everyone's advice to suicidal people is to enjoy their last day by doing crazy shit...but if it were possible for them to find joy I don't think they'd be considering suicide. If that makes sense

>I am concerned about your well-being and would prefer if you didn't harm yourself irreparably
>FUCKING SELFISH PRICK REEEEEE

suicide is pretty fucking stupid when it's demonstrably provable that it's possible to not feel like shit all the time.

i remember wanting to comit suicide years ago, then my life got better and I realized I was mentally ill, fixed my shit, and while it's not perfect and life still sucks, I at least have been able to enjoy it a little more and no longer have the urge to want to die every day.

sometimes I imagine what it would have been like if I had actually gone through with it instead of seeking help. what a fucking waste of life that would have been

Another thread ruined by Canadians. Kill yourselves.

Existence is without premeditated purpose, yes. But there is no "rational" without life and the search for survival. Without life, there is no such concept as "rational."

That's a fair point and I understand it. But the point in saying, "go out with a bang" isn't in order to convince them to fuck things up arbitrarily, but to try to help them realize that they have a tremendous amount of freedom. And the hope is that their recognition of freedom will provide a path to happiness, even if it's short-term.

what do you consider to be "wasted life"? What if I do nothing of much value for the rest of my 60-80 years on earth other than take up space? That'd be more of a waste of life than going out now

a lot of people who were red pilled about the clintons tended to be suicidal

Suicide? Why not kill everyone else?

so few people are actually so absolutely hopeless that they actually go through with it, but yea I do think ending your own life would be the ultimate red pillled thing a person could do. taking that leap to end your existence and to accept that you are losing everything you have ever known.

it becomes a rational choice once pain outweighs the available mechanisms of coping with pain

same, tho I often wonder what if it never did get any better. what if it just stagnated in that fucked up mentally ill place. I imagine that's where the people who actually go through with it live. there's just no way out

not to romanticize it, but I don't agree with the 'manupfaggot's and the 'highlyillogical's. I don't feel sorry for suicidal people more than I respect how otherworldly it is to be in that position. being that low you're probably not even psychologically human anymore

suffering is happiness. only cowards don't dive head first into their own misery and experience the full breadth of despair.

only the strong can overcome themselves.

Its rational because, given there is no afterlife, existence is like a dream that you forget upon waking. Happy life, sad life, no trace will be left. There will be no difference concerning perception of someone who has lived and died than someone who has never existed in the first place. Its essential jumping straight to go.

I do agree happiness is the strongest motivator for existence in what appears to be a meaningless universe.

spook

> The second one
RIGHT! THATS IT! YOU HEARD user! EVERYONE COMMIT SUICIDE! MANDATORY SUICIDE BECAUSE THOSE WERE THE TWO OPTIONS AND THE SECOND ONE WAS MORE "SELFISH"! HAVEN'T YOU FINISHED YOUR KOOL AID!? GET 'ER DOWN YOU!
> "forcing" .

death is permanent. unhappiness isn't unless youre a sourpuss making it so yourself

seems a no-brainer to me unless we're talking about terminally ill or severely crippled/disabled people

yea jeez now you just sit there going what if. Enjoy those happy moments.

>What if I do nothing of much value for the rest of my 60-80 years on earth other than take up space? That'd be more of a waste of life than going out now

then fuck it, at least you got to eat cheetos and jerk it to hentai. That's more than 99% of the humans ever born will have been able to do.

Yes, it's red-pilled. In the right circumstances it's more honorable than living. Probably going to do it myself, eventually.

Anyone claiming to know what happens at death is a lying idiot.

Anyone going beyond persuasion to keep you alive is a selfish prick at best.

Access to a painless suicide should be a basic right. The government denies this for the same reason that farmers protect the lives of their cows before slaughter.

Suicide is weak. Go out fighting.

>The government denies this for the same reason that farmers protect the lives of their cows before slaughter.

wait what's the reason they do that

But since the afterlife is quite literally nothing...not silence, not darkness, but a complete lack of perception, it ought not be used as a counter to the suffering of existence.

At least existence can be experienced. Death can not. I think this should factor into one's reasoning.

I disagree. Something that leads to one's death or destruction is, but definition, irrational.

To protect their investment until the value of killing it reaches its peak.

been depressed for about 3 years now. got fired 3 times, my outbursts have almost got me arrested and kicked out a few times. i dont do drugs or drink, my mind stimulates itself with flashbacks. i dont see anything momentary about this... literally feel sleepy all day despite sleeping for 10 hours

unhappiness is permanent. not so in the fact that you always feel unhappy, but that it's always there. with pleasure comes greater pain, and eventually you will die. how can you be happy if you're dead.
OP, suicide is only red pilled if you come to the realization that life in the grand scheme means dog shit. if you're "sad" than you're just emotional. you need to think about context.

have you tried an anti depressant? always a chance your brain is lacking in serotonin

try mdma if you havent yet

I think you're ready to take the Cyrenaic-pill OP.

being sad about anything is selfish weakness

you don't have to fight to survive every day, you sit around and let shit float by and act like it should be yours for nothing

suicide is the ultimate BLUE pill, because it's flat out denial of the human struggle

you might not be a cuck but your soul is

Blame the parents.

Pic related is probably a good advice

I struggled with this exact question when my mother and brother both committed suicide 5 months apart.

Ultimately I came to the conclusion that forcing someone else to live for your enjoyment is more selfish.

why'd they do that man?

There's no reason worth talking about. They chose their own path, and eventually I realized that it was never my place to dictate how other people live their lives or judge them for the decisions they make.

The thought has brought me comfort, but it was a very difficult conclusion to reach.