It's a Randy episode

>It's a Randy episode
>It's shit

Is this it? Have we finally reached the point where everyone hates these dumb Randy episodes? The episode just aired yet there's barely any discussion.

I think it's time to kill Randy off.

Whattaya wanna do, huh?

Whattaya wanna do.

Thank you user

I used to find Randy funny but, yeah, they use him way too much. He's turning into their version of "Jerkass Homer".

I've always disliked Randy episodes outside of and the one where he said nigger on Wheel of Fortune, I find them to be Family Guy tier. And as of late, it seems like he takes 2/3 of an episode instead of the 1/2 or 1/3 he used to get on the spotlight.

>And as of late, it seems like he takes 2/3 of an episode instead of the 1/2 or 1/3 he used to get on the spotlight.
I guess its a symptom of Matt and Trey being middle aged fathers at this point. Probably explains why Gerald was so big last season as well.

See but I don't understand that, it would make sense if they were Randy and Gerald were being used as older versions of Stan and Kyle but Randy still acts like himself.

What I hate is how he turned into a "lolrandumb" guy who does a new wacky thing every episode whenever the writers need him to. I mean just looking at the latest Columbus episode, where the hell did that come from? How does that make sense with Randy's established character?

If we want to compare it to Cartman, then all his schemes and stupid new hobbies tend to come back to his narcissism and childishness. But Randy is all over the place. Instead of a character he is more of a writer's tool. That's damn lazy.

It used to be the kids that would get sucked into something new every week. Now they get shoved to the sidelines so the show can focus of Randy being topical.

Maybe I have too much faith in Matt and Trey, but maybe their focus on Randy lately (well since season 16-17 onward)is because they used all ideas for the kids in the games. So they might have been burnt from writing for the kids and find it easier to write an episode of Randy being an idiot.

I like Randy well enough. He dances the line between competent and retarded so perfectly.

I remember when Randy was the voice of reason, when he really was father like figure
Now he's just a dumbass twat with buch of stupid ideas and PC asshole

I hope for more Boys episodes

The reasoning was detailed in You're getting old: Randy's a bored guy in a midlife crisis who'll do anything to feel alive and forget about how hollow his marriage and family life have become.
Sure it's a cop out but as far as cop outs go it's not the most nonsensical.

The fuck are you on, Randy was never the voice of reason.
Where do you people get your warped ideas of what South Park used to be.

Randy episodes are better then Cartman ones these days.

He got good episodes, but his bad ones can basically all be summed up by "Randy overreacts over [Issue]", while the better ones are ones he is "cheerfully stupid and unaware"

Cockmagic straddles a thin line but is good because ultimately while he is attentionwhoring he didn't hijack the WHOLE episode and it was less "REEE" and more dumb dad being dumb.

The only thing separating Randy and Cartman when Randy is at his worst is the Chili because Randy has become decisively self-centered and attention-whoring, much like Cartman started out as.

Trying to recall if they ever had a "Co-Op" episode now, but nothing pops into my head, other then Die Hippy Die which was before Randy had gotten to that point if i remember my episode order right.

There's tons of episodes where Randy behaves like a mostly normal guy. His crazy clown persona is not consistent.

But this was the best episode in years. I thought it was pretty perfect

Randy isn't a bad character. I like when the show is still about the kids but Randy has his own side story occasionally.

We're three episodes into the season and two of them were largely about Randy.

What you're saying is kinda true. But most of his usual episodes had him being dragged into tight situations and handing them poorly. In these current seasons he's the one now instigating them.

The fuck happened to this show in the last few years? It turned into garbage.

It went from topical to political.

It's also because Trey can project himself better through Randy now since it's much older then when the series started. Same reason Stan is barely used now.

Watching this current episode right now, and I have to ask. When the fuck did Randy become a liberal cuck?

What the fuck is with all the fucking apple phone shilling?

Season 19, PC Principal's frathouse "converted" him.

>the best episode since The Cissy
>people bitching
Hi Sup Forumsmblr!

That's a very accurate description.

Seems like every episode has to be a political statement nowadays. I remember when the show was about 4 boys who would get into trouble doing boyish antics. Christian Rock Hard, Imaginationland, Majorine, The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers, Make Love, Not Warcraft, and Tsst were some of the best episodes of the series.

Jesus. It's like no one in the South Park threads has actually watched anything before season 10.
He has always been an outspoken liberal, at least since he became a prominent character. See I'm a Little Bit Country.

Some of his lol randum xD antics are pretty fun as side plots, like in cock magic and the losing edge.

But his main focus episodes nowadays are just retarded. I enjoyed his Lorde subplot more than the episode this week.

What the fuck are you talking about? Yes he was left-leaning but he was not "outspoken". The biggest political statement Randy made during Golden Age SP was voting for Obama.

Him joining the PC frat still doesn't make sense. He was not a social justice warrior by any means. Matt and Trey don't understand their own characters. Stop apologizing for this garbage.

Sure, but Season 19 did intensify it a fair bit too.

>Jesus. It's like no one in the South Park threads has actually watched anything before season 10.
Nigger, I've watched it sense it first aired. Randy is far from the character he use to be. Why do you think most faggots think Cartman's character is shit compared to what he was before he ate his bullies parents? Even Stan got worse. All the characters got worse.

This was probably the best episode in a long while

>Implying Cartman didn't get better after making Scott eat his own parents and licking his despairing tears in euphoria.

I like that the kid's motivations are way more grounded.

Did you think the new iphone 8 got enough play this episode? Its like every fucking scene someone is on their phone I cannot unsee it.

Randy got worse because he got even more retarded, with the justification of him going though a middle age crisis and wanting to try every new fad. Also the 7th season was set during 2003, the way he is rallying against the war makes them the equivalent of a modern SJW. It's not a good episode, but my point is that him becoming PC did not come from out of nowhere.

>my point is that him becoming PC did not come from out of nowhere.
No, it just became more flanderized.

i don't know if it is intentional or not. south park has become meta commentary on the transformation of Colorado.

It started out as rural redneck mountain town. where crazy shit happened. then it grew into a major suburb city full of retarded liberals.

just like colorado has changed with the decades of californians moving in.

Its like how cancer cells slowly build up over time.

I think Randy's flandarisation is not about him a liberal, that's just his most consistent character trait, the flandarisation comes form him getting consumed by whatever his new interest is. The first time it happened was in the boy bands episode, then in season 7 with the Anti-war protest, and from then on it became a more common occurrence. Over Logging, Guitar Queer-o, Medicinal Fry Chicken. From season 18 he basically became one of the main characters. For season 19 it made sense for him to become obsessed over being PC. I do think they should just stop making episodes about him, specially if they are about 'sjw' topics.

What ever happened to Steven Stotch being the batshit insane unstable dad? His episodes were fucking funny, but now we see fuck all of him.

And other thing but why does Randy has to be the go to guy that develops crazy hobbies by each episode. Why can't we see another dad having the spotlight? Skeeter, Jimbo, Thomas and Stuart really need another episode where they do wacky redneck shit. Randy just need to have a rest for the rest of this season

modern randy episodes are pretty bad but the earlier randy episodes were pretty amazing.

If it's so hard for Trey to write the kids now a days, I'd like to see an episode around ALL of South Park dads have an adventure.
I think just in general I want an episode that is not 1-2 characters focused and instead has different personalities bouncing off each other. That's my favorite thing so far from what I've seen in the game, how during battle the kids talk between themselves and their enemies.

Randy Episodes>Cartman being whipped by his gf episodes

But it was always political, even when it was topical.
People just became over-sensitive faggots since then.

>Implying Cartman's the whipped one

WHAT IF.....RANDY...FOUND THIS MONKEY....AND HE...MAKES MONEY...BY MAKING IT SING...DEMI LEVATO MUSIC..AND THEN HER LAWYERS...SUE HIM?

idk what you're talking about
this episode was great

early seasons were just a lot more clever and subtle.

Crème Fraîche

Sharon's subplot was the better part of that episode.

>Cartman being whipped by his gf episodes
He had two musical numbers calling Heidi a manipulative gf on her face and she just took it. Cartman is not the one whipped here.

i used to love randy episodes. favorite character is the show. he used to be the kids's ally. he used to help and understand the kids in their adventure.

now?

That episode where the kids dress up as gay ninja/ISIS and Randy has to sit there at the table and put two and two together

Spectacular randy moment

Somehow he went from Stan's dumb dad to the most important person in the whole town and this always bugged me. He's even able to make decisions above the mayor and was a gigantic decision maker in season 19. It's just "overusage" I guess

The bit that made me laugh was the part with the kids thinking everything Columbus did was to get a day off school. Wish they made that the whole episode, with flashbacks to Columbus where it turned out that yes, that's exactly why he did it.

Great idea Satan. Any chance of showing up this season?

Wait what the fuck? Sup Forums didn't like the new episode? It was great

user, you're describing old south park, this is new south park, don't expect anything TOO crazy to happen.

Check out this south park thread

>GUIZE NO MORE POLITICS
>NO MORE TRUMP
>WE'RE GOING BACK TO WACKY KIDS ADVENTURES

They really spit in our faces and told us it was raining

I chuckled a couple of times but last week's one was better imo

There's a big middle ground between "relatively normal South Park adult" and "voice of reason".

Would the day after tomorrow count?

They made an entire season about that. You people really need to pay attention.

Clever yes. Subtle fuck no.

At that point he was just a poor man's Chef.

Well, he was responsible for Amazingly Randy, which was one of the best puns I've ever seen.

>Amazingly Randy -> the character's name is Randy; he's being amazing
>Amazingly Randy -> euphemism for being horny; he's doing magic with his penis
>Amazingly Randy -> play on "The Amazing Randi," a famous stage magician

Brings a tear to my eye.

Nigga you don't remember the hippie drill or the day after tomorrow episodes?

No, Stan got better. He used to be a bit of a mary sue (not too much, he could be an asshole at times) then he got some needed character flaws later on. However the episodes were way better back then so eh.
they also grew up in colorado, so when they first made south park they drew from lots of colorado experiences, but they moved to california to do show business, so later on of course the show started feeling more california.

it's so disorienting seeing his legs spread apart.

Or maybe you can't relate to neanderthals?

>south park is still garbage
STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Its almost as if only pudgy libertarian asshats find them to be funny post South Park movie.

c-cute