Can Marvel Comics ever recover? Or are the problems now to deep set?

Can Marvel Comics ever recover? Or are the problems now to deep set?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m2U5BHxBRMI?t=91
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That image
It's like looking at a tumour thats been growing over the years

No, all the problems are in positions too high to fire

No. Let it continue.

But if it continues it'll kill the industry

Conway should be put in charge since I legit enjoyed his Carnage run from this decade but failing that they need to get Jim Shooter back running things.

Nah, just sack their entire department and replace them with actually proficient writers, editors and artists. Sometimes its easier to just throw the whole thing to a trash and replace it with something brand new.

Good, this place should always have been only about cartoons

Good. The industry needs to die, or at least a near death experience. It will be dead in another generation or two anyway unless companies can find a way to attract new readers.

No it wont. Marvel is one publisher, it dying wont affect DC, IDW, Dark Horse, etc. And there are plenty of people who already dont read marvel but still buy comics.

Comic Shops would probably suffer immensely, but the industry is already moving towards online distribution and selling through bookstores.

The only people that care about this industry are losers and SJWs. The faster it disappears the better it'll be for society. The world will be better off without comics acting as a breeding ground for liberal indoctrination and propaganda, which it has been since even before the SJWs took over.

Marvel was a mistake

I garauntee the industry will live on. Maybe they'll only sell digital comics, only making physical copies through trade paperbacks, but it'll live on. Or maybe just comic shops will collapse, forcing comics to be mailed directly to you from the source with a subscription, or maybe they'll sell comics in target and grocery stores and shit. Whatever happens, no one will be able to deny what diversity did to the industry.

Fucking hell, that image just makes me depressed

>Marvel is one publisher, it dying wont affect DC, IDW, Dark Horse, etc
IDW literally blamed Marvel for their current sales slump.

Wew lad. Did the funny book give you a paper cut or are you that easily hurt by pictures and words?

I hurt my self hurt today

I see Sup Forumsmblr is here. Guess I'm done with this thread then. Enjoy it while it lasts, because once D&C is done with you, you won't have anywhere left to hide.

Give me your home address right now. Let's do this shit.

Fuck off C&D

And?
Why the fuck do we HAVE to keep bailing out failing industries?
Isn't the free market supposed to mean that if you fuck up you don't have a bunch of idiots scrambling to form a human safety net to break your fall even as they get crushed under you?

>C&D
Cease & desist?

This image makes me think "We can't tell good stories, but we can do THIS"

Show me one good thread about comics on Sup Forums

Thanks for answering my question dipshit. Is that why you let D&C read the mean old comics to you so they can't hurt you?

>Why the fuck do we HAVE to keep bailing out failing industries?
For some of us, comics are a beloved pastime. This is basically an Old Yeller situation. There are those of us who don't want to pull the trigger.

What's wrong with the one with Deathbird? It's goofy, but it doesn't seem as bad as the other panels.

No company that has to mostly rely on characters and IPs that are not long going to be hitting one hundred years old deserves success in any capacity.

Any DC comics thread. Even when shitposting exists, it's still better than the best cartoon thread about shipping and fanfic shit.

He meant D&C. A shit youtuber that makes half assed reviews who also throws tantrums with bad comics.

Now I'm tempted to make a bizarro channel where I praise Marvel shit in the same *COUGH* style.

There's an 80 year history of comics, the majority of which is better than anything you find on the shelves right now. Comic needs will survive.

I know what he meant.

>A shit youtuber that makes half assed reviews who also throws tantrums
That's not D&C though.

Storytimes, solitcits are usually good and shelf threads

It's already been done and despite spamming the comment section he sits at 18 subs

You just proved that nothing of value would be lost

Throwing a comic onto the ground becuase you can't formulate a better criticism besides "It's silly" is a tantrum.

Dont bother, let it happen, it has to happen. Its the same with Sony Pictures. Its all to do with the person at the helm and their pig headed insistence that they are making things that people want, just because THEY want it.

They will realize before the end that this insistence on bullshit is not what people want, and the bar will be removed for who can have place in the industry because it will be dead, someone with a level head and actually listens to the peoples wants (because they need to make money, not virtue signal) will be able to come in and mop up the splatter from the office, but it has to die first.

Sure thing user. I'll just ignore your posts just like you ignore other peoples points.

Needs a New 52 type relaunch with a complete change of 90% of staff

I just wanna read about Captain America, the Avengers, the X-men, and the Fantastic Four fight bad guys like Red Skull, Ultron, Apocalypse, and the Skrulls.

Why do I have to be reminded that all straight white males are evil and conservative ideals are unacceptable in every comic.

We're hitting a point where you can become successful simply by not being political.

>Give me examples!
>No, these ones dont count!

About Pedophiles?

Who wrote that ethics in hammer-wielding thing?

Jason Aaron

Wasn't it Marguerite Bennett, or whatever her name is. The Angela writer.

Wasn't it in Loki's book, and therefore, written by Al Ewing?

Truly a mystery for the ages

Both Marvel and DC should be nuked.

The industry and the board would get so fucking better if it happened.

>damages bad comics at the end of reviews as a joke
>doesnt understand running gags

>humor.exe has crashed

Read manga, you'll be happier for it

So are you trying to false flag as a Hellboy fan to stir shit up or what?

>implying DC doesnt have the same tumor

Nah, I'm being sincere. I just had no other pic at ten moment.

Both Marvel and DC are cancer.

I hope the lot of you get rabies then.

He should've waited till after the review was over. I was still waiting to hear some actual crtitism.

Green Arrow's always been that much of a preachy cuck, though. If you want to prove DC has the same issues, cherry picking quotes from their liberal strawman isn't the best way to go about it.

>Green Arrow
>A raging leftie

You say that as if its something new.

>manga with it's mandatory neet beta protagonists and manchild pedo waifu wishfulfillment is not degenerate I swear

but dude one writer like 30 years ago wrote him the same away so it's okay, you fucking casual how dare you speak to me

GOOD. I want this shit out of my fucking fiction, I live it, I do not turn to fiction to continue digesting it. You can have political undertones by all means, but I have come to just flat out avoid things where it is blatantly the main topic or has been influenced by current politics, because it is always, without exception, biased and makes the characters involved look like talking heads for the writer, and are not actually characters, youre just listening to someones twitter feed through the characters

youtu.be/m2U5BHxBRMI?t=91

People who whine about MUH ESS JAY DUBS and post Green Arrow of all things to make their point is always hilarious.

Good, what is the problem here?

Nothing wrong with a little touch of it here and there, its completely taken over however

Why do you care? You've obviously never read Green Arrow in your life.

The board will continue to be shit because mods don't care.

>Every story is an event

When every story is an event, none is

>all manga is the same

That image almost makes me wanna cry

>lefties want the government to protect them
No shit, they are nanny cucks.

I recomend you to read Black Lagoon or Fire Punch. Both are better than the average big 2 shit.

Hell, most of the dumb whiny complains of this board would be solved if you guys just admitted that the big 2 system of company owned characters is imbecile and a breeding ground for bad stories and inconsistency. Expecting anything else from a system like this is idiotice. We wouldn't have threads like this for example.

I've literally read at least two hundred issues of Green Arrow comic books. Always the same thing with Sup Forumsmblr. Trying to make anyone who complains about this disease a crossboarding poster who's never read a comic book in his life. It's your equivalent of calling people racist or misogynist to persuade yourself you've won anything. Kill yourself.

1060 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613

>Black Lagoon
Fuck out of here with your garbage taste

Probably not. The funny thing is NOW was actually decent, Punisher, Cap, Superior Iron Man, all very readable.

They hired way too many writers more interested in social issues than actual good storytelling and lost all the decent writers to other companies.

The only thing that can save them now are talent scouts. They have to find talented new writers not focused on social issues. Writers that actually care about the characters they are writing.

So did you manage to read 200 plus issues and just skip over Grell or did you just ignore everything in it that contradicts you?

wow

The irony is with Marvel's rep, the only people who will really want to work for them now are more SJW writers, creating a cycle.
They're going to have to bust out the wads of cash to draw in legitimately good writers.
I'd kill to professional write comics and even I would waver at working for Marvel at this point.

I want Quesada back desu
muh OMD aside, he's been far more competent than Alonso. Marvel was plain terrible ever since Alonso was put in charge.

And...?Do you think they gave a fuck? Marvel and DC are making an average of 800 million dollars per movie and planning to do 2-3 movies per year

That means that DCEU and MCU will make 1,6 to 2,4 billion dollars per year.

DC and Marvel games like MvC and Injustice league are selling hundreds of thousands copies.

The comics are not even 0,1% of the money they make per year.

>Marvel
>Making money off of Marvel Studios' hard work

Its cute you think that.

Correct.

Someone going Breivik on Marvel office when?

Good.

I like it, it's similar to a Tarantino movie, but whatever you say, it's still miles above the usual Marvel and DC output.

At this point the only saving grace would be a complete top-down restructuring. They need the mouse to come in and completely clean up shop.

The "SJW" pandering is endemic of a larger problem. The problem is bad writers trying to cover it up with lazy pandering. They're not being sincere, they're trying to trick the tumblr crowd into reading. The problem is artists being hired on the cheap. The problem is editors that are either too lazy, too outnumbered, or too entrenched to do their jobs properly.

It's a problem of staff, not of message.

>They need the mouse to come in and completely clean up shop.
As bad as it is now I feel that would only make it worse

>it's similar to a Tarantino movie

But (some) Tarantion movies are good. So it's not all that similar.

Black Lagoon has the best female animu character though.

The amount of people bitter about how Carol looks despite not caring about her story, before or after kinda proves a lot of you don't actually care about the comics but whining about inconsequential shit. Most of the comics in this image are very dead/soon to be dead proving the market works.

Are those markers critiquing the colors on Ms Marvel? For what reason?

Hi guys
Cough
SJW
Cough
Heather Antos
Cough

And? That doesn't help it be more than just mediocre.

Yes.

Walking Dead became shit way before this didn't it? Why does it matter?

Still better than 90% of Marvel and DC.

Still want them to ruin Black Cat.