So everyone agrees that Poison Gwenpool was totally wasted by Venomverse, right?

So everyone agrees that Poison Gwenpool was totally wasted by Venomverse, right?

I haven't read this week's issue. Details?

this was gwenpool?

what a waste, they shouldn't used her as the Poison victim, also whats their deal of killing her in different books by Deadpool (like here and in new Deadpool kills Marvel universe again)?

Both written by Bunn. Apparently he just thinks she's girly Deadpool and doesn't like her because of that.

I hate how everyone thinks this, especially other Marvel writers. It takes like two seconds of research to find out Gwen is way more than that at this point.

Maybe the fact that her last name is Poole and she dresses like a pink version of him, kinda gives readers and writers that impression.

I mean technically it was her plan to be akin to Wade, so she'd be more popular. So it's really a double edged sword.

No one give a fuck about your shitty comic that marvel openly called a cashcow for retards.

I...Actually like those designs

Nice quads, but you're wrong. Gwenpool has a huge fanbase on Sup Forums.

Poison Deadpool summed it up well - "She's a knock off of a knock off"
You waifufags are cancer.

>technically it was her plan to be akin to Wade
Well no, she didn't notice the connection until it was too late because she doesn't read Deadpool much (too "lol memes" for her), as is mentioned in her own comics. Her costumer misunderstood "Gwen Poole" as "Gwenpool" which is why her costume is reminiscent of him but she didn't mean for that to happen.

>it was her plan.
No it was not. She does not even read deadpool

>huge fanbase
>literally one single fag spamming the same shit everyway
Hell you don't even hide it most of the time, unless you want me to believe that all gweenpool fans make their threads as "gween a CUTE"

Whos she knocking off?

What up ya Mexican faggot. I was waiting for you to reveal ur self

That was one guy trying to get Sup Forums to hate Gwen because he had a hate boner for her himself. But hey, good job falling for it.

No, I'm talking about the people who post in the monthly story times, make edits and fan art, and make actual threads discussing the comic.

She's a double combo.

Gwenpool is a knockoff of Deadpool who is a knockoff of Deathstroke.

But she also is a knockoff of Spider-Gwen who is a knockoff of Spiderman.

>Mexican
Not quite, also your comic still suck and your "fandom" is an one man cancer.

Istl that why all Gwenpool story times reach bump limit in 2 hours?

Gwenpool is a waste of time in general.

Howes she end up a more fun than both spider Gwen and deadpool?

I missed that chapter. Did they already kill of Poison Gwen?

yeah, by Poison Deadpool, she didn't even do anything cool just talk that the Simbiote resistance team should give up.

Not even any cool meta persuasion like saying none of this really matters. We aren't even our canon selves?

I'm not complaining. Even if Gwen's potential was wasted, she still made appearances in two semi-bigtime books. Venomverse gave Gwen her very own issue, and DKtMUA gave her a bigger role than many other characters.

I don't think so at all, we got a whole one shot dedicated to her being a Venom, then we had her get killed off by issue 4, not wasted at all in my opinion, she's not as crazy as Wade so it makes sense that she fell so easily to the poisons. This issue was great, and Andi and T'Challa talking about watch duty was nice

Venomverse 4 storytime?

>It takes like two seconds of research to find out Gwen is way more than that at this point.

she is lesser girl deadpool.

deadpool with fluff instead of edge

>She does not even read deadpool

then how come that she didn't came up with a hero persona?

>lesser dead pool
In what fashion?

>Istl that why all Gwenpool story times reach bump limit in 2 hours?
yes because there is one guy that keeps spamming the same reaction pics

Guess she figures she'd just roll with her name as her personal not like she has any friends or family

>Not even any cool meta persuasion
you meant the lazy writting ''did we just become best friends'' writting from Hackstings?

With 200 unique posters?

>Guess she figures she'd just roll with her name as her personal not like she has any friends or family

so the book never explains why the main character is named the way she is? That's really bad writting

Gwen is not a creative person.

>With 200 unique posters?

sure, there is a lot of phone posting in those threads, tons of random people just commenting ''lol this comic is cute! I like this comic! I want to hug Gwen!''

There is a lot of shilling for that character, they try to spam her in Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /aco/.

Like making ''Marvel generals'' but using Gwenpool pics and asking for Gwenpool shit in the OP

Have you been on this website before? That's how 25% of ALL threads start.

>Gwen is not a creative person.
She is a comic book fangirl that writes fan fiction.
Creating your own super hero name is the most basic idea about the whole thing

I'm thinking that Gwen just really liked the idea Big Ronnie had, and decided to roll with it. And she came into the comics where legacy characters were coming into fashion; she probably rolled with it because she thought it would be better to latch onto pre-existing media, rather than be unique and risk failing.

>I'm thinking that
>she probably rolled with it because

I'm sensing a problem with the writting of this book

I mean, that's pretty much what Marvel's been doing: banking on legacies. Gwen, given that she's a Marvel fan and seems to be in the know, she'd probably pick up on that.

It's weird, that it's not totally explained, but I don't think it's something that really needs to be. She clearly liked the costume and had no problem with the name. It doesn't have to be anything special, other than her just liking it.

gwenpool dies almost immediately as soon as she's out of her own book

Gwen will never be together with Matt now. What a waste.

oh that is a lame excuse even if she doesn't read his solo books the amount of crossovers would have exposed her to him enough to know what his costume looks like and even if we say she straight up ignores every issue with him in it she would still know what he looks like so she knows when to stop reading

I think he dodged a bullet.
Venomgwen was just too horny.

yeah, its bizarre. other writers do not seem to understand Gwen at ALL.

its bizarre.
Even Venomverse.
It reads like Bunn didnt read Edge of Venomverse VenomPoole at all.

Hastings himself did Edge of Venomverse #2 with

>to know what his costume looks like
But nobody have said she doesn't know what Deadpool looks like, as after the page from here the Ronnie have called her Gwenpool as a play on her real name, Gwen just rolled with it since it is much easier for new heroes to roll under a famous brand umbrella than try to stand on their own (like with Mosaic guy who I don't think even got 12 issues). I guess her initial dislike to Deadpool comes from exposure to some Waypool issues.

>I mean, that's pretty much what Marvel's been doing: banking on legacies
the book didn't explain it that way... or in any way

>and seems
>she'd probably
> it's not totally explained
>I don't think it's something that really needs to be

It seems that whenever a person talks about the book there is a lot of guessing and head canon going on

>gwenpool dies almost immediately as soon as she's out of her own book
gee, almost as if people were embarrased about her existence

>Gwen just rolled with it since it is much easier for new heroes to roll under a famous brand umbrella than try to stand on their own

remember that the book never explained that

It's not just that she doesn't read his comics, but that she doesn't like them much. Combined with her never thinking about the consequences of her own acts this has resulted in a blind spot: despite knowing Deadpool as a comic character she truly didn't even notice she's similar to him until someone pointed it out to her, and then she was surprised people would lump her with him as she thinks she's better.

Well, maybe people don't care enough to research some waifu character

Her entire backstory so far is that she is neet who spend all day reading comics and playing vidya. you can't tell me that anybody who spends more than just few days in month in Sup Forums related media can't see this pattern.

My point is that not everything needs to be explained. There's nothing wrong with explaining it, and it could be a nice benefit for the reader. But leaving unimportant details vague doesn't harm the story or character in any way.

Yeah, I'm just guessing and head-canoning ideas. Because the story didn't want to dwell on it. It's like getting mad at Pokemon for not addressing real life animals; it's not a problem with the story itself, it's just left as is because there's no need to go further, unless you want to waste everyone's time to explain something that could easily just be taken at face value.

If you want to complain about the writing, go for the weak cast of villains, or Gwen's friends not getting nearly enough focus to help flesh them out.

>as she thinks she's better.
She sounds as annoying as her milshake tumblr thing

Gwen is also canonically obsessed with Marvel and its characters. Even if the issue didn't explain it, you can tell through her actions in the past, present and future that she cares a lot about them. She might not read or appreciate Deadpool, but being part of that legacy is big. Marvel's made legacies big.

>My point is that not everything needs to be explained

her NAME should be explained

>She might not read or appreciate Deadpool, but being part of that legacy is big.

that's the sort of thing that any decent comic book would explain.

specially naming herself after a character that she doesn't like

Her real name is Gwen Poole, so her costumist decided her superhero name should be Gwenpool. That's it

She got bitten by radioactive Deadpool off screen, would that answer satisfied you ?

Didn't she model herself after Deadpool because, in universe, he was the most famous hero in the world at the time? He even had enough money to bank roll the Avengers Unity Squad. She just took his name and mash it together with her own.

No, it doesn't. It's not a gaping plot hole that need to be addressed. It's doesn't hurt her character or anyone else.

What do you expect? She clearly liked the outfit and had no problem with the name. That's all the explanation you need - she just liked it. It doesn't need to be spelled out in neon signs, or be some super deep lore mystery.

You know, even for a "Mexican" you sure do sound like a faggot, and not even gay mexicans would be ok with how you act like a complete retard.

So please, if you hate her so much, how about stopping getting into these threads?

Or is your autism so big you can't live a normal life or do better things than shitpost in the comics of a girl who's mistaken as a Deadpool clone when plenty of times readers have proof those faggots who keep claiming it don't even bother to read stuff?

>. you can't tell me that anybody who spends more than just few days in month in Sup Forums related media can't see this pattern.

no, the books should explain that. Its her freaking NAME

>faggot
>gay mexicans
>retard
>faggots
>autism

someone is mad

>I'm told it looks good
Every time.

>so the book never explains why the main character is named the way she is?
It does actually. Its because she told the person who designed her costume her name was Gwen Poole and she thought she was a ripoff so she made her a female version of his outfit. Its a joke in a joke comic

can anyone direct me to the best archive of gwenpool art

>No, it doesn't. It's not a gaping plot hole that need to be addressed.

it is since she says that she doesn't like Deadpool and she is a comic book fangirl that doesn't even attempt to create her own hero persona.

there is a lot of wrong with that on a creative and even on a ''let's tell a competent story'' level

And '' another character decided that she was named that and she just rolled with it'' its a even worse explanation

>Its a joke in a joke comic
its because they wanted to cash in on the whole ''Gwen Stacy+ Deadpool''

Well obviously that's the meta reason but in the book its pretty much just a joke on her name and legacy characters in general

>95656664
Oh no, user, the one who's mad at a comic is you.

I'm just stating the facts about how ironically you've helped to make the comic more popular after trying to fuck with the older threads.

the thing is that those are just nick names, they don't have a ''hero'' persona, secret identities, etc so its not the same.

The Fantastic Four is a FAMILY first, a bunch of capes later

oh look, is the autist that literally thinks that is trolling people because ''I'm not giving him ''you's''!! teehee, what a sick burn!''

All you are doing is taking extra time to reply.

also

>Ok.Ko!

Shit show with shit artwork

But user, why do they call themselves FANTASTIC four, how come Mr Fantastic gets to name the team, when he wasn't even a proper leader in the first dozen or so issues and he only owned a lab, Its like instead of Avengers we would have Team Iron Guys since Tony is the one that make the paychecks at the end of the day.

that was a fake thing someone made up to stir drama or whatever, from what I heard. besides, the issue after she says she's better than deadpool she's proved wrong when she gets freakin' rekt and mocked by deadpool.

Not him, but I get what you're saying. Why would she go with a superhero name that's similar to a character she ambivalent to, and a play on her actual name? At the same time, you're expecting too much out of a simple thing that wasn't meant to be explored. That was clearly meant to be a fun joke based on meta humor.

If you want more an in-universe reason so bad, they DO imply a reason in the Howard the Duck arc: Big Ronnie gave her the name, and it suck. She didn't object to it. She either liked it, or didn't care. It doesn't have to be majorly deep than that. Haven't you just chosen a superhero name because it sounded cool?

It's not a major plot hole, or a mistake, or a sign of bad writing. You're just expecting too much out of a joke and not liking the answer, so you're trying to make it into a giant flaw against the book or character.

>FANTASTIC four, how come Mr Fantastic gets to name the team, when he wasn't even a proper leader in the first dozen or so issues and he only owned a lab, Its like instead of Avengers we would have Team Iron Guys since Tony is the one that make the paychecks at the end of the day.

don't compare the writting from the 60s were standards were different.

This crappy Gwenpool book claims that is about super hero shit, fandom, meta shit and yet it fails even in the most basic elements on how to tell a decent cape story.

they fail at creativity and in dealing with the themes, they literally never tried to do something with her name, like a joke of her trying to call herself a hero name and people just calling her ''Gwenpool'' or something.

Instead we got... nothing! Lazy writing at best, head canon at worst

>hen she gets freakin' rekt and mocked by deadpool.

and then they become friends one literally one page later and her ''wounds'' get healed by literally magic

Why is it so hard to admit that the book fucked up that detail instead of making a huge wall of head canon posts?

>hero persona
She isn't roleplaying a hero, she just thinks she can be a hero as-is (in fact, she thinks just wearing a mask means you're a hero and the Marvel universe rolls along with it) and do whatever the fuck she wants because she's the only real person in the whole Marvel universe and everyone else are lesser, expendable imaginary people. In her debut issue when she's trying to explain her character to the costumer she just describes herself, or rather how he sees herself.

This is also a reason she never made the Deadpool connection: all along she's been thinking people are just calling her "Gwen Poole", which is indeed her name that she asked people use. Even now she knows at least one person thinks she's like Deadpool I'm not even sure she's realized the name thing.

It's not bad characterization, in fact her recurrent egotism has become the centerpiece of her characterization and a major point as in one possible future she destroys the Marvel universe just to have fun like the villain she really acts like.

Because her name is Gwen Poole and the costume maker thought that was her name pitch

Is that a protoss?

Whoops
was meant for

The actual character is shit so you should be thankfull of their ignorance.

Should I buy the Gwenpool TPBs from Amazon?
Is Gwenpool actually good?

I literally just explained the reason. Gwen was given the name and didn't have a problem with that. That much is very obvious and very clearly shown.

You're just upset because it's not what you wanted: a deep explanation that delves into Gwen's psychological trauma about how her parents abandoned her at a bus stop, and then had to rape a swimming pool in order to survive.

It's not lazy writing. It's writing that you don't like.It's intentionally simple because it's meant to be a joke.

Don't compare a more serious story to a joke scene in a comedic story. I'm not saying that stories should get a pass at bad writing just because they're comedic. But this isn't like that: we have an in-universe explanation for things, and the characters accept it. Gwen's story is intentionally simple and comedic, it's not skimping details and content because of laziness.

Besides, this comic was made before Gwenpool's ambivalence to Deadpool was revealed. Hastings said in an interview that her relationship to Deadpool wasn't fully fleshed out until much later. Nearly every character is different in their debuts, when their character isn't fully fleshed out yet.

Honestly, we're both derailing the thread, and it's clear that none of us are going to change our minds. Let's just agree to disagree, and both get back to shitposting.

> all these people responding to anti gwen fag

I feel it doesn't really get good until the recent arc where she goes back to being a NEET, around issue 16.

Read it on readcomiconline.to
And decide

Yes and no. The humor isn't for everybody, the plots aren't too serious, and the art varies wildly.

The book's primarily character-based. It's less about the plot, and more about Gwen's development and road to self-improvement, as she goes from a meme character, into a true hero. How you feel about the book will depend largely on how you feel about Gwen as a character. Some people like her, some people don't, some people may only like her based on where she is in her development.

>and then they become friends one literally one page later and her ''wounds'' get healed by literally magic
well yeah, it was a crossover fight comic; did you expect anything less than the two characters teaming up to fight the real villain? I know the thing you're criticizing here (Gwenpool doesn't deal with any lasting negative consequences), but that's not what I'm talking about (refuting the idea that because Gwenpool thinks shes better than DP, the comic claims she's better than DP; I kind of assumed that's what was thinking when he made his post).

>Why is it so hard to admit that the book fucked up that detail instead of making a huge wall of head canon posts?
Well, they were kind of screwed from the start with handling the name; orginally, gwenpool was a gwen stacy variant of deadpool, and while she's neither of those things in her own comic they still have to use her name because otherwise things would be more confusing than they already are. I think they're making the best of a bad situation, personally.

Personally, I like it, and I know a bunch of people on here like it; some people don't like it, but I'm not sure if it's genuine dislike or just backlash from all the gwenpool spam from a while ago. I'd say get it. But be warned: the only good issues are the ones written by hastings.

You miss a lot of her characterization I'd you skip.

>Is Gwenpool actually good?

the covers sell you on a really fun and creative comic but the interior has none of that.

The action is bland, the humor is bland and the artwork is ok but even then when they change artists, which is VERY OFTEN, the artwork becomes SHIT

This is how the book looks half the time

>well yeah, it was a crossover fight comic; did you expect anything less than the two characters teaming up to fight the real villain?

yeah but none of that was creative, inventive, fun or fresh.

Just like most of the book, it was just characters standing and talknig for 22 pages and just having a character punch the other like 3 times and that was it.

Nothing clever about it.

Hell, Deadpool literally just appeared out of nowhere and was in the story for no reason at all

> half
One half of issue 1
Issue 5 and 6 are done by the venom verse artist and it's decent.
Issue 11 is gross
Issue 15 is also gross.
That's 4 and a half issues out of 21
Learn math