Would you watch lil trump?

Would you watch lil trump?

Other urls found in this thread:

cc.com/video-clips/jmcxny/chappelle-s-show-black-bush---uncensored
variety.com/2017/tv/news/donald-trump-animated-series-showtime-1202508781/
youtube.com/watch?v=lSq0qyYWKG8
youtu.be/pNnD1zny7M8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

politics are fucking gay and stupid and political satire is super gay and super stupid so no

>Let's make a topical political show
>At the very end of the period where it could possibly be topical
Seriously, what were they even thinking

We already have the news so it's redundant.

Have I not already been watching it on every media channel,youtube video,movie and blog post since he first announced his candidacy?

It still had two seasons. Plus it was really good (or at least that's what 18 year old me remembers)

Because it was actually Comedy Central's second attempt at making a satirical Bush TV show.

That's My Bush was their first go and it came out right at the start of his administration (2001). It got canned after a single season, which is why they had to wait to do Lil Bush; give audiences time to forget about That's My Bush.

Then Lil Bush failed and got cancelled, too. Turns out nobody wanted to watch ANY satirical Bush sitcoms.

I'd watch a Jeb show

Dang, I've literally never heard of That's My Bush.

Meanwhile, is pic related as garbage as it looks?

>That's My Bush was their first go and it came out right at the start of his administration (2001). It got canned after a single season, which is why they had to wait to do Lil Bush; give audiences time to forget about That's My Bush.

It got canned because of 9/11. . The media suddenly loved Dubya because he screwed up and let us get attacked.

The Emmys was basically Haha Trump Sux: The Awards Show. WTF?

Was it the first award show you ever watched? They're always full of political masturbation.

>this just in: actors have opinions, which are often political

I liked That's my Bush.
Fun fact: The guy playing Dubya is the same guy who played Johnny in "Johnny got his gun", also known from the Metallica video for "One".

Sooo... Normal Trump?

yeah it was like how the media loves obama for creating ISIS

Better question is would people get triggered by a Lil' Trump

I swear there was another Bush cartoon on CC

FUCK DRUSHPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

May be my nostalgia talking but the Bush administration was god-tier for comedy.

>Boondocks with top commentary both comics and cartoon pre-Obama
>Jon Stewart Daily Show after a very rocky start growing it's stride
>That's My Bush wasn't really that bad actually
And my favorite, Black Bush
cc.com/video-clips/jmcxny/chappelle-s-show-black-bush---uncensored

>tfw kids are too young to remember how embarassing "Mission Accomplished" was

The Bush administration was ripe for comedy whether or not you liked him or agreed with him.

The Trump administration is ripe for comedy but people don't seem to want to make fun of Trump as much as they unironically want to see him and his supporters hurt or worse. I don't think a Lil Trump would get good reception from anyone.

This. Remember those videos of all those Hollywood celebrities urging people to vote for Clinton?

Clinton era was best for comedy, the whole sex scandal was a goldmine for late night talk shows.

>but people don't seem to want to make fun of Trump as much as they unironically want to see him and his supporters hurt or worse.

Well, yeah, people typically have that kind of justified response to Nazis.

This is bait!

eh what the hell insert anti sjw comment here.
point out how everyone who isn't a Communist is called a Nazi by the collectivist religious Left

Also

>when Colbert was actually funny and not a fucking crybaby

That's because SJWs/Communists/etc would outlaw comedy the first chance they get if they ever got in control.

look I'm the first guy to hate on Dubya but how exactly was he supposed to prevent hijackers doing a complete 180 on accepted hijacking practices. 9/11 was the first time anyone saw a coordinated suicide bombing via commercial airliners anywhere in the world.

And this is precisely why Lil Trump would not be a successful TV show.
>Wtf you made a show about LITERAL NAZIS???

no

Colbert is actually making that show
variety.com/2017/tv/news/donald-trump-animated-series-showtime-1202508781/

Bush was dumb in a way that was funny, so it made some sense to try to make a show out of that even if it wasn't very good. Trump is dumb in a way that isn't funny, just frustrating. Trying to do Lil' Trump would just piss his critics off even more. There's no audience for a show like that.

To be fair, the Trump administration has already been so close to satire that it's hard to see how a show would beat the news. Lil Trump seems a bit redundant.

Yeah. I supported Bush twice, but there were still plenty of jokes about him that I found hilarious. Patton Oswalt's bits about Bush, particularly the one about him only becoming charismatic when talking about killing terrorists, were some of my favorite jokes at the time.
I've only been halfheartedly okay with Trump on the basis of him killing TPP, but actual good jokes about him a few and far in-between even when they should be easy as shit to write. Instead no one really bothers and just incredulously repeats things he's done and say how bad it is.

I mean what are they going to do, have Lil Trump make mean tweets that people overreact to? He does that IRL. You can't parody someone who's already funny. It's like when all of those late-night """comedians""" did Gangnam Style parodies, not realizing that Gangnam Style is itself a parody.

The problem is that there's no way it could be as entertaining as the real shitposter in chief.

exactly. It's also why all the comedy shows are landing flat. The reality is making the parody look boring.

Sadly this.

Nah. Unless they put some really good writers on it, then it might be possible.

Either way, little bush was complete garbage, just like the spaceballs cartoon.

a) Clinton had plans to invade Afghanistan and take out the Taliban. Gore was going to implement them, and when he lost, they were handed over to the Bush Administration, who promptly shelved them in favor of figuring out how to justify an invasion of Iraq.

b) Both MI-5 and Mossad waned the Bush Administration of an impending terror attack, which the administration again ignored, only focusing on Iraq.

Lil' Dick Cheney was the only good character on that show

That's My Bush was the superior show

He is still funny. Back then he used to play a brain dead Republican supporter and troll real republicans.
He is just doing the same thing now only he is pretending to be a radial leftest Democrat and exposing the rabid hypocrisy of the party. I think it's pure genius how he has actually managed to fool people this time.

there was actually plenty of warning of the attacks, there was a shitload of missed opportunities to stop it well in advance up until even the day which is why conspiracy theorists are able to point to it as suspicious.

It got shitcanned because it was way over budget.

Are you that desperate for a fresh idea, Viacom intern?

There's never been a better time for political comedy, but all the major political comedians suck.

Maher is a condescending neocon, Trevor Noah is the most boring normie fucking comedian in the world, SNL is unwatchable garbage, the current Colbert show is only watchable if you pretend he's doing a parody of a annoying liberal pundit instead of a conservative one, John Oliver has the most predictable setup-punchline delivery in the world (I MEAN C'MON), don't even get me started on Samantha Bee.

I'm a filthy Marxist, but the average pepe comic that comes out of Sup Forums is 1000X funnier than anything those shows put out.

I think people on the left are scared to poke fun at them at them selves or others for fear of losing their jobs or being attacked/outcast.

That's My Bush was originally designed to be about Al Gore, but then the Florida recount shenanigans started and W. was declared the wimmer and they had to retool it.

Which fucking sucks because if there's one thing we need, it's some self-reflection. The left's doubling down so much we might be stuck with Trump for 8 years.

They'd be the first to criticize those that would attack comedians for wrongthink, while also denying that they had any hand in cultivating the environment that lead to the creation of people like that.

So basically what happened to South Park last year?

>looks up that's my bush
>created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone
...holy shit.

checked, mr connery

Hollywood BTFO yet again

It's because making fun of Trump isn't really that much fun. It was funny to make fun of Bush, because you could parody him in absurd ways. When Trump is president, you can't really go any further on the absurdity scale.

Yep, and the idea wasn't to lampoon the presidency itself, it was just a gimmick to sell the network on a sitcom that satirized sitcom tropes. That's why W. literally has a "next door neighbor" who's always popping by to the white house in the show.

>you can't really go any further on the awesome scale.

How can you parody the awesome job he's doing?

>Hilliary investigation in full swing
>Wall under construction
>Dangerous illegals being kicked out
>Obamacare repeal underway
>Huge raft of legislation passed
>Terrorist ban in place
>Obama Recession will soon be reversed due to tax cut bill

>Obamacare repeal underway

F-fourth time's the charm.

Who would do such a thing?

>Wtf you made a show about LITERAL NAZIS???

...this is parody right?

Literally not a single one of those things is true.

Yep.

Once again we don't FUCKING learn.

Are you braindead or just a troll?
Because I pity you anyway

What things aren't are why? Aside from the repeal it does seem like all those things are happening. Jobs are up, people are making more money, national debt is down.

>Jeb show about him trying to beat the other candidates but he fails spectacularly every time

you can take your "political satire" and stuff it, Comedy Central.

hi 'Dreamer'

>Jobs are up, people are making more money, national debt is down.
They were already up before the election was even over, it's called the Obama presidency.

I could have sworn he said those that came back weren't coming back.
Also the debt went up the last 8 years.

The truth is a lot of people thought he was going to tank the market. I made some shitty stock decisions based on what I heard from news anchors and friends.

Why watch it when I'm living it.

How come there was never a Lil' Obama

Braindead it is

Can't mock the Holy One - the Thought Police will come for you

I thought we were already watching it.

Because Obama had high approval ratings. Trump doesn't.

Because Obama was boring as fuck.

Obama was really boring for comedy. The best people could do was his ears and his "uhhhh...". Clinton had sex scandals and his voice sounding like a discount Elvis, Bush had a string of silly shit under his belt and "Mission Accomplished". And these are just the low-hanging fruit.

At that point, what are you gonna say about Obama? That thing about the mustard? The Boondocks really did the best they could
youtube.com/watch?v=lSq0qyYWKG8

there kind of was

People likes danger 5

You can't out parody the trump administration. You can come up with the most exaggerated thing you can think of and trump will do something even more absurd.

Bush humor was good because despite his Administration's complete and total fuck ups, Bush is actually in reality a really smart guy. His administration? Unethical and full of war profiteers. But he wasn't an actual retard like Trump who doesn't have the mental capacity to comprehend policy in any amount of detailed.

basically, Trump is the lowest of hanging fruit and Bush at the least was fun to make fun of.

because you couldn't make fun of him without literally resorting to racist dog whistles.

Obama, regardless of whether you _like_ him or not, was one of the most clean administrations in terms of ethics and scandals. He ran a tight ship. Hard to generate humor that isn't low brow like you could in Bush

I already watch Lil Trump

he's a fucking child

Bullshit, even without "scandals" the obama administration was characterized by shady national security shit, federal power over reach, programs that failed strepitously and the reignition of racial tensions.

Remember the "game of drones" parodies?

I wish I could stop watching it, actually. I'm tired of news with Trump being a retard on Twitter yet again but I can't get off his wild ride just like I can't get off this board.

>the obama administration was characterized by shady national security shit, federal power over reach, programs that failed strepitously and the reignition of racial tensions.
At the same time, how do you make comedy out of that? See, I think what's being misconstrued is that in order to make humor out of the President, it has to come from the President himself, not by the plans or the adminstration because regular people don't really care about that stuff but they do care about stuff they can actually see like the examples in .

Like yeah, he's bombing with drones, and that's very questionable but how is that really funny? How do you parody that? Do you actually care? Are we on the precipice of MGS4? That would be pretty funny but since we're not, nobody cares.

As for Trump, well, nobody really needs to. He's a living reality show. There's that The President Show though, I don't think anybody watches that.

Literally most of America shrugged the NSA scandal off by going "durr, I don't have anything to hide." The biggest noise came from abroad when people learned that allies were spied on too.

The droning got a lot of criticism but people didn't really care since it meant no more extra American boots on the ground after seven years of Bush and his wars.

Absolutely not, nobody making political cartoons right now is capable of decent satire, left or right. All they can manage is to be really mad, and there's nothing entertaining about that.

The President show is absolutely brilliant because it goes for the surreal humor.

>how do you make comedy out of that?
Exactly the same way you'd do it about bush, only the guy behind the desk is Obama.

Bush's characterization as a gun-ho idiot with good intentions being mislead by his handlers could be pulled out wholesale and transplanted onto Obama, and it would work exactly the same.

But it wouldn't "work," because he was a good orator.

>The President show is absolutely brilliant
>comedy central
I don't believe you, even a little.

I've never seen it but I feel it's hard to top Trump in being surreal these days.

I saw like two clips and I got a mild chuckle but I didn't laugh out loud so I figured it wouldn't be much good

There was a bit where he walks into a fuckhuge crowd of protesters and keeps the act up. That was pretty good

>N.Korea literally begging US Intelligence staff to explain what the fuck Trump's deal is because their psychologists can't make heads or tales of how serious he's being about any given statement

youtu.be/pNnD1zny7M8

It has its moments.

>tfw we will never have a sequel series of lil bush staring Yeb
Feels bad man

Trump may or may not be a nazi himself, but he certainly loves them.

For there being something to parody, there at least needs to be something about the public image to satirize. Obama's personal public image was very dull.

>Obama
>one of the most clean administrations in terms of ethics and scandals

Yeah the Obama admin was completely riddled with scandal, thievery and mass murder. It was just never reported on by the old media because it wasn't convenient for it's owners. It was proven this year that he looted fannie and freddy to fund Obamacare.

>federal power over reach

Yeah all those EO's that the SCOTUS had to shut down.

Oh wait, different President

Go to bed, Dale.