Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #8 storytime

I don't think this has been done yet.

This is the first double-page spread I've posted in a long time that I didn't need to resize.

Friendly Bump.

Thanks.

Didn't Champions have an entire issue where they were searching Las Vegas for any survivors?

And all they could find was a single baby?

Probably, but it's not like marvel writers give a shit about continuity. Just look at Slott.

Nobody knows, because nobody reads garbage like "Champions".

It's funnier imagining them to be that horribly incompetent and missing entire buildings full of people

I was wondering what he was doing durring that.

They did kind of hit his new hometown and kill off most of the cast of his book.

Fuck yeah Slingers.

This is canon now.

Why is Kaine helping a one armed rapist?

"Champions" were too busy looking at their Myplaces and Life journals to actually look in more than one spot

Thanks for reading and keeping the thread alive.

Thanks OP!

I wish we could see Ricochet and the rest more. He's one of the few muties I can stand.

I like this book, thanks

that's cool

Based Ricochet
Anybody here who read Slingers series?

Slingersfag reporting in.

I am in awe at Kaine's power to project his muscle definition through two t-shirts.

so kaine is gonna get a hookjob?

Thanks a lot for the story time OP. One of the few good marvel books atm

Dang, with all those pustules, and still the hottest Parker, eh, Kaine?

>Government is Hydra
>Blows the fuck out of your city
>You're a bad guy somehow because muh veterans are hoarding food

Wait, it took him so long to actually bother to fucking google?

Hey tightrope spider action.

Own it, love it, and totally keep tabs on all of them. Real excited to see them back in action.

third panel the attacker screams no after the victim tells his guys to check the back. to be fair I would be pissed to if the person i was robbing took over my gang.

except Sabretooth
and Mystique
and Northstar
and Daken

??

Best Marvel book. They just need someone better than Sliney

think Hornet's really back, or is it someone else in his suit?

Not that user but I think is someone else. I'd love to be wrong, mind you

In Ben's twisted mind, it makes sense.

He didn't want to kill Peter, that was plan B if Peter rejected his offer.

Thinking about picking this up is it as SJW trash as Amazing? What happened to Kain Parker?

I don't understand, his hair doesn't look any different here than before. Was it supposed to be dyed blonde and no one corrected it? There have been a bunch of weird editorial fuckups in this series so it wouldn't surprise me.

his face deteriorated again, Ben reily is no more a clone and he kissed death with her skull mask on

Hell yeah, Ricochet! I really hope that he become a regular spider hero.

Yea. Typical Marvel a character takes 2 steps forward and 5 steps back. Yea I've lost whatever last remnant of hope for the brand. I'm officially done.

He's finally allowed to be edgy. But Ben is outedging him

Kaine stop that hipster bullshit you have going on and go back to texas

>Ben reily is no more a clone
He's the genuine article though.

>What happened to Kain Parker?

He lose the Other during Spider-Verse and this led him to go back to his scarred face.
I hope it will come back and save Kaine the same way the Death did with Ben

>Day five. They don't know that I replaced their leader.

Fuck, Sup Forums liked this issue, that means the book is doomed, i give it another 3 issues top

Solicits have it going past 12 so far, so it'll be around a little longer at least

Based chocoo.

>Sup Forums liked this issue

Everyone outside of the storytime threads takes an opportunity to shit on it.

he'd resurrect him later, so that's totally not killing!

I swear this is gonna end eventually with hate cloncest.

I miss Aracely.

I was disappointed Kaine didn't bring her up this issue. Maybe Yost doesn't want other people writing her.

it was a figure of speech like "I'm going to kill you"

The IIRC her last appearance was spider verse where the Inheritors beat up the new warriors.

She's going to be showing up later.

Why can't they have Peter David writing Spider-Man instead of Slott?

There's really no other explanation, it looks the same as Sliney's own other takes. It had to be blonde.

Because PAD is allegedly a marriagefag. He also doesn't know how to kiss ass very well.

ya got a source on that champ?

PAD said on twitter there are 'good chances' she'd show up before #1 was released

PAD doesn't kiss ass, he kicks ass.

So, how of you can can tell this penciler is tracing 3d poser models instead of drawing people?

Does it bother you at all to know that? Do you think less of the artist or the comic?

I can certainly relate to Kaine here, we've seen al the shit h has gone through and THIS is what he gets?

It seems Parker luck is a curse that only gets to you as long as you try to be good.

Wouldn't have minded it if the results were good, but they are not

Just look at the girl's fingers in 's wide panels, or the lack of any dynamism is scenes like ben punching the wall in frustration

Both of them have a point though. Kaine wants Ben to pay for what he's done as the Jackal, but Ben wasn't the same asshole for a while now and he basically told Death to kill him and let Kaine live in no uncertain terms.

It's not like Ben wasn't owed a break after dying nearly 30 times straight, although he certainly made a mess of things at first.

FUCKING VENOM BLAST WHY CAN'T I ESCAPE YOU

also, IIRC, his previous tenure didn't sell much.

If they cared about how much Spider-Man is selling they wouldn't have kept Sloot on it for so long

Gee, it's almost like most of the people outside of storytime threads have never actually read the comics they're shitting on and just do it out of habit because
>muh SJW Marvel

You mean Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man?

Yes. They spent the issue crying and talking about white privilege but THEY FOUND A BABY! It's hilariously stupid to have them find just one survivor when it'd make more sense for them to help random people.

>They spent the issue crying and talking about white privilege but THEY FOUND A BABY!

From this I'm assuming it was a brown baby as well?

Hello new reaction image.

I like this guy.

That was David? From what I read of it, it wasn't good. How could he go so wrong on Peter when he writer the Ben and Kaine show so well??

The mandates of the time probably didn't help, either (FNSM literally debuted during The Other). The offbeat blog story he did right after The Other and Leah were much better and still part of the same run

How is Amazing SJW. I can understand poorly written, but there like isn't any strong female character he'll you literally have a women betray Shield for spider-dick.

What? What was wrong with It? I enjoyed it quite a bit.

>The offbeat blog story
That's as good of an excuse as any to post it.