Christian Church

Orthodox vs. Catholic

which church should i join? can anyone describe the differences? which one would jesus reccommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
shj.org/
myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/
patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/01/13/why-are-atheists-overwhelmingly-left-wingers-in-which-i-out-myself-as-a-libertarian/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/24577193/#24577193
youtube.com/watch?v=IMgdw2Tief4
ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/ortho_cath.html
vocaroo.com/i/s1eJAERfNfEg
youtube.com/watch?v=H_WMWdDoHjo
pokrov.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This isn't the religion board. You want that paper folding board.

Catholic for a billion reasons why.

Sup Forums is the official christian board of Sup Forums, you didn't know?

I thought paranormal discussion was on /x/

I made a christ thread there and it got pruned even though there was participation

FUCKING JEWS get out. Everyone on the planet wants to genocide you. No wonder you killed christ, he called you out for what you fucking are. non-spiritual lifeless pointless rats.

fucking die already.

name reasons or gitdafuckout

seems to be a war on christianity, mate.

really makes my pineal gland tingle, mate.

Orthodox.

Come home Christian man

They're all the same universalist gatbage.
It's supposed to be but they insist on shitposting here.

>HATS
Wow, good job

Protestant.

im not a fucking faggot who plans to half-ass my way through life

ALSO LEARN HOW TO READ

Non-sectarian literal interpretation (new testament chiefly) is the only just way to live as a Christian.

The churches are all corrupted by Satanists, God's word is open to us all, buy a bible (or read online for free) and begin reading.

Perhaps you will even become a true Christian, not a mock-Christian like the masses, who say they believe in God and then go fuck and cheat and revel in hedonism, greed, and selfishness. Perhaps you will hold God's word literally and you will find he puts many signs in your life to subtly let you know of his existence, and once you follow the path he has set out for you your life will get harder, but you will be content and finally be at peace with yourself.

God is very real and he lives in all of us, but we are not of the world, for the world is of Satan, repent against the corrupt churches, the corrupt societal norms, the corrupt pursuit of happiness (pleasure), and the corrupt world.

May God find you brother and lead you the way, if you have any questions feel free to ask me anything.

John 2:15-17

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

Jews are promoting (((atheism)))
And its the default position of bluepilled liberals, sjw's and other degenerates

youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
shj.org/
myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/

Even atheist sites admit most atheist are liberals and attack anyone that doesn't share their blue pilled ideas and opinions
patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/01/13/why-are-atheists-overwhelmingly-left-wingers-in-which-i-out-myself-as-a-libertarian/

>no argument
Wow good job

Reminder that these are Sup Forums heritage threads

When Sup Forums was /n/ it had Wednesday and Sunday church threads
When it was /new/ it had nightly ossuary thread (rolled over into early Sup Forums)
And before the the Sup Forums harbor attacks and a little after it had Christian generals

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/24577193/#24577193

There was even Sup Forums's old soccer team (look at their names) aka our old memes
youtube.com/watch?v=IMgdw2Tief4

The influx of newfags, redditors and shills like you try to say otherwise

this is my understanding.

the sects of christianity like protestantism or similar sects do not enforce the word of god, but merely provide a happy sunday story so that the people will feel okay continuing to live lives of self indulgence and remain sin-free.

since he ignored my catholic or orthodox prerequisite i had no obligation to explain to him why he is a clueless faggot.

thanks.

i was raised Presbyterian, and fell away from the church, but still hold firm belief in the existence of god and have been recently led to discover orthodox, and my question persists.

can someone explain the difference of orthodox and catholic like i am a 5 year old goy?

there are paranormal (/x/) aspects of religious discussion
there are literary (/lit/) aspects of religious discussion
there are historical (/his/) aspects of religious discussion
there are political (Sup Forums) aspects of religious discussion
on and on
There is no safe space for you heathens, deal with it.

thanks mate.

it would seem that whatever our enemy has declared war on is essential for our spiritual vitality

i have spoken with a jew who claims there is nothingness after death, life itself is a fallacy and therefore life is meaningless.

we are fighting nihilistic sociopaths who just want to burn the world to the ground and destroy all that is beautiful.

all for couple of shekels.

>thinking that the hat meme isnt true

ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/ortho_cath.html
There read it

I'd say studying the scriptures, church fathers (of all four apostolic churches), and various developments, councils, and schisms is more important than which clubhouse you pick, but that opinion seems to make people overreact for some reason.

But if you really need a clubhouse, for the love of God don't go Catholic.

thank you

>im not a fucking faggot who plans to half-ass my way through life
Protestants work very hard at searching the scriptures to develop a relationship with God. I don't think you have much of an idea what you're getting into.

God doesn't care if you "pick right." He cares if you work at getting to know him.

fair enough, but see
and
my search is for an/the unadulterated church that jesus himself would recommend, which has been pointing to orthodox.

consty...............

CONSTY

CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSTY!

None.

Christianity is a good mean of redpilling the stupid ones who would resort to physical force or do misdeeds if not for their fear of a sky daddy.

But for us, people with IQs of over 115, as most of /pol has, the religion is disposable. We are already moral enough to have our own sets of rules based on common sense, information we have had and books we have read.

is dracula from romania

>115 IQ
>pol

What do you mean? Is it too less or too much?

Take your meme's back to /int.

>Take your meme's back to /int.
it's not a meme...

nigga i got a 135

so

I am slightly lower than you - 132. Mensa tested.

A big thing that I dont see mentioned as often is in their general attitude/outlook. Orthodoxy is generally extremely spiritual and less focused on the material world, where catholics are very focused on justifying themselves and trying to use reason to rationalize whatever immoral behavior they want because of the more legalistic side catholicism has (it's not as bad as most protestant stuff but still significant.)

They view people who reject reason as a method of better understanding/coming closer to god as heretics (fideism) while it's much closer to the outlook of orthodoxy.

They just try to justify themselves more using reason and end up become hyper focused on that and losing touch with what acutely matters, that being the individuals relationship with god and the body of Christ.

im 105
and i wanna know about dracula

It really doesn't matter.

Just sit on your thumb Sunday morning and you're good.

in addition their reason stuff was helpful for me getting past the bluepillled propagandized against religon (many people in this thread are still in that phase) so it's not like reason and religon is useless together. But past getting new people I dont really see it's use.

I appreicate to some degree but on another side I think it's largely responsible for and lead to rationalism, protestantism, and the decline of the west in general.

My dracula questions: vocaroo.com/i/s1eJAERfNfEg

They do but fail to see the true meaning of Scripture. They could even treat what Jesus or the Apostles actions and deeds in a joke kind of way which is disrespectful when one realize that this is the very words which one reads and meditate upon to encounter God.

Everyone should read the Scriptures but everyone should understand the scope and lens in which it is to be read and do do seriously. Not make Jesus or the Apostles as some partyman or make silly jokes out of them

Why do you guys believe in God?

You're allowing yourself to be brainwashed to be a "better" person because you're too weak to do it yourself. What better way than to ask your anonymous internet friends what religion you should join? I fucking hate this world.

because i just shit in the mouth of Christ
so i kno he's real

cancerous thread

>tfw only serbian Orthodox Church in your City

youtube.com/watch?v=H_WMWdDoHjo

i believe in nigger jesus

why would you join a church?

From my limited understanding and experience, catholic and orthodox are mostly CULTURAL. That is, to their members, it's just something they do with their family and family friends. It's a wog thing.

>why would you join a church?
for the boipussy

>why would you join a church?
oh and also for the potlucks

That's true for any religion someones born into. Converts are always more serious.

Orthodoxy is divided into different groups under a head bishop of a major center known as a patriarch. Over time these have gained various cultural differences but are the same church, they make important decisions together and follow the same set of beliefs and dogmas. It is important because the independent nature ensures a sort of backup redundancy in the religion. There have been occasions where one church found itself doing things a little different only to see the rest did it some other way and corrected itself. Back in the day word of mouth and hand copies was how things spread so having such redundancy was useful to preserve authenticity.

Rome was arguably the most important central part of christendom due to its geographical position. Messages from one end of christendom to another would pass through Rome, and the Pope got significant political power.

At some point the roman church got some funny ideas and instead of correcting itself or calling a councel of all the churches which is how differences were traditionally settled declared itself the authority and essentially split itself off from the rest of christendom. To this day Orthodoxy considers roman catholics to be just an incorrect branch. The pope is still the bishop of rome, the sacraments are still valid, as is the apostolic succession, it's just theologically wrong on some points.

You should look into the actual theological and cultural differences, but both churches are still the same church, there are some others who are not in communion with either who are also the same chur have like the coptic church. They are still the same though in many ways. The difference is not like the difference between the various catholic churches (Orthodoxy is just orthodox catholicism) and protestants.

Catholics are more civilized than orthodox people.

not at all you can read studies (on orthodoxy atleast)
the antiochian orthodox church has a fucking 70% convert rate and OCA has over 50% converts

Newer/younger converts are also even more conservative then the elderly.

Become a mormon

Orthodox Christians don't even have control of their own mother church.

>orthodox people
Savages
Beside of the Greeks they have no history or cultural development
I would recommend you to join the Holy Roman Catholic Curch, or at least Greek Orthodoxy if you really want to join the different selection

>Holy Roman Catholic Curch
those boyfuckers?

It's roman culture

>boyfuckers
Nice meme
They influenced Western culture as strong as no one else

hmm never thought of it like that...

>They influenced boys asses as strong as no one else

Watch it, boyfucker!

It depends OP.
If your answers are yes to these questions you should go for catholic.
You support gay marriage?
You support helping muslim refugees?
Are you a liberal cuck?
If your answers are no, you should become Orthodox, Catholics are huge cucks, not like Protestants I have to say but massive cucks bro, Orthodox people are strong.

Protestant is an offshoot of the outlook of catholicism just to an extreme, the roots are still catholic.

Orthodox is quite removed from the disgrace of rome however

>the disgrace of rome
u mean boyfucking?

I meant the distortion of their theology, and promoting the degeneration of culture. The roman church more then the roman civilization.

When I said rome I just meant the catholic church mostly

Oh
i was hoping you felt like talking about... you know... boyfucking

That's more of a symptom rather then the cause. It's terrible/disgusting of course but the cause has much worse effects that are far more widespreading leading to far more boyfucking then anyone in the church or rome could ever do

>It's terrible/disgusting of course
ok ya lost me here

Testimonies of Victims
Abuse can take place whether you are a child, a teenager or an adult. Adults can be married, single or divorced, male or female. Even clergymen, seminary students and clergy-wives can be abused. Abusers can be clergymen, monastics, clergy-wives, or just members of the laity.

Were you abused sexually or otherwise by someone in one of the Eastern Rite churches? Are you currently being abused by someone?

It is not your fault! You are not alone! We believe you!
pokrov.org/

their faith is political, not spiritual.
they hate us, but they love our money.