Venomverse #4 Storytime

Didn't see it storytimed at the catalogue or the archive, so.

his arm got put back on

rip

Why the fuck is she talking like that? This speech would fit just about any other character better than it would Gwenpool.

she's not Gwenpool. Just an husk.

>some kind of suicide run
Kek

Thanks.

No problem

What, already? The fuck?
I thought this would last longer

>Epic conclusion
If you say so, champ

For some reason, they've released one issue every week.

What the fuck happened to Venom Doom from the War Stories? Don't tell me he's become Poison Doom after dominating Venom into submission.

I'm hoping the conclusion is Strange pretending to summon more Venoms but instead he summons Hybrid, Toxin, Scream, Scorn and other symbiotes

Since apparently Poisons are only effective against Venom

That misspelling of "extraterrestrial" is bugging me.

Seems like it. Wasted just like Gwenompool.

>dem hips
Damn, Andi filled out a bit

If they were getting wrecked by Carnage and the beginning then Toxin would be a slaughter.

And don't get me started on Anti-Venom, that would just be unfair.

>deadpool kills gwenpool
How satisfying

You know Sabertooth has healing powers, right?

Where the hell is #3?

this is one of the few good things coming out of current marvel

It's enjoyable but good might be stretching it.

"Good" is subjective, and tends to vary from person to person.

It's fun. As in, that 90s cheesy dumb fun. Like eating a whole Little Caesar's pizza while you're stoned on low-quality weed your friend gave you and you play some PS1 game.
It's genuinely fun, don't get me wrong, and that's honestly more than you can say about anything in Marvel's catalog at the moment.

I don't know if I can fully agree with you about Marvel's current line, Renew Your Vows, Spider-Man and Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy are all really enjoyable

>'t get me started on Anti-Venom
>tfw no more Anti-venom

Bump

Anti-venom would be amazing. Maybe Strange can pull one from a universe that Brock didn't give it up.

Frankly I'm surprised Brock didn't think of that.

So why was he summoning Venoms in the first place? Wouldn't it be better to just summon normal, non-symbiot heroes?

Eddie's been kinda weird in the head lately, please be patient with him.

Or non Venom symbiotes

logic has no place here, this event only exists to create more alt-venoms. almost makes me think they are trying to see if any of them get really popular; ie create a new spidergwen/gwenpool, i mean theyve already driven those two into the ground so they need new ones.

Did anyone storytime 3? Been looking for it...

Is this worth getting from the start?

I'd say yes, carful though, there is a page where an alternate universe Panther gets killed by Rhino that triggered some people!

he hasn't been a patient for a while.

>epic conclusion
>No Mayhem

I had no idea Ant-Man was even a Venom in this. And his greatest accomplishment is beating a teenage girl.
I was hoping that there might be some Bladerunner-like questions dealing with who we are and what it means to be with the Poisons but I can see clearly that Venomverse isn't going to touch that.

You actually thought Marvel was ever going to reference anything from MC2 in [current year]?

Nope.

Had the story sticked to being a Venom version of what it was ripping off, it would have been worth reading. But it's just an excuse for more Venomized versions of other characters.

Would have been way way way more fun if the book had Eddie meeting alternate universe versions of himself (perhaps with the twist being that they are all different colors as a knod to the Lantern Corps).

Cassie Lang is Stinger
Jessica Drew's son is named Gerry
Hank Pym has a daughter who's name means Hope

Good speech, I'm starting to feel for these things.

You know, come to think of us, there's loads of Klyntar in the galaxy, why only summon Venoms?

agreed

And do Poisons only exist in this specific reality?

>yfw the conclusion issue has Doctor Strange summoning all the Symbiotes in a 2 page spread and they have have a battle which is too big to fit in one issue so you see random fights with various characters against the poisons

Screencap this, it's going to happen.

Verily.

I remember early on she was kind of flat and sticc-like.

I like how so far each issue has had a whole page of Mania doing stuff or speaking, her yelling at Carnage was halarious

f

Issue 5 preview

Well, actually, Carnage is no longer weak to sonics after it mutated into Cletus' blood.

Guess it's just a different Carnage where that doesn't apply.

Actually, that version got destroyed and this is a new one.

This is an AU Carnage, though.

And I think he was still weak to sonics, just not as much as, say, Venom.

>That Rhino

Well, there's also the Monsters Unleashed issues with Poison Fin Fang Foom.

>Epic conclusion
What I didn't even see #3

You do remember Cletus and Carnage being separated during Carnage USA right? Scorn set up that big sound wall, pushed Flash and Cletus through it, then the cripple fight happened while the symbiotes went off and latched onto a gorilla and a lion.

Though, while Carnage was in possession of the Darkhold he was immune to sonics I believe

Is the new "Venom" out as well?

Im going to miss her

Nothing yet says that she's going to die, all we know is that Lee is going to steal the symbiote from her. There just as much of a chance of her getting the symbiote back and there is of her getting killed off.

Id be happy if so but you're relying on Marvel not doing something infuriating. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Last week.

This comic makes Spider-Verse seem good in comparison, Bunn is such a hack.

As someone who's read nothing about Carnage, what makes him so super special powerful?

I wonder if they'll even remember that whole thing about how the symbiote is the only thing repressing the uncontrollable powers that she now has due to the Hell Mark migrating into her.

I've had pretty good luck with everything that I've been following so far, I'm willing to bet it holds out for Venom Inc, as much as I dislike Slott I will give him credit in saying that last issue of ASM was great. I'm willing to remain positive until the day occurs.
I hope they do as well, but only time will tell.

He's twice as powerful as Venom (so he was able to cut/stab through the Poisons, while Eddie couldn't during his fight with the Spidey one) and has abilities that he does not. The Poisons also have next to no familiarity with him.

They'll either forget, say that the Hell Mark was removed off-panel, or act like it's still in the symbiote so Lee gets all of the demonic powers when he takes it.

Honestly, I didn't like that the Hell Mark was placed on Andi, it doesn't really make sense, she wasn't the one who made the deal and got the marked, Venom was. If they ignore Andi getting the demonic powers and the mark I wouldn't even be mad

Because he was venom's kid or because of its contact with humans?

Last weeks issue was storytimed with last weeks Venomverse, I meant is there one for this week?

>This comic makes Spider-Verse seem good in comparison, Bunn is such a hack.
No it doesn't. This comic is just okay, kinda whatever fun, not embarrassing like Spider-Verse

Actually that version of the symbiote was destroyed. The current version is a double from the Negative Zone, with presumably all the weaknesses of the original.

Bunn is really having fun now that he fully realized that his C-listers series won't last long

I disagree. Venomverse may be unremarkable, but at least it hasn't killed off lots of fan favourites and shoved the writer's pet characters down our throats.

This is a chore to get through