Censored version is more brutal than the original

>Censored version is more brutal than the original

youtube.com/watch?v=Cux_R_DQsoY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4fqz6z8TbMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One Piece
>Original: Zoro's rival from when he was a kid died from falling down some stairs

>4Kids dub: Changes it to implying that she was killed when some adults she humiliated in duels found her alone and killed her

4Kids was weird

reminds me of some the horrible implied things in the 2003 tmnt, although that obviously wasn't a dub

actually it wasn't killed, it was more like beat the shit out/rape until she was completely paraplegic

which is even worse, again

what implied things?

>The torture and mutilation of stockman until he was literally a brain in a jar.
>The Banned episode.
>Ancient civilization damned to be feral mutants without intervention of outsiders.
>Mentally ill Triceraton soldier helping the turtles only because he was disoriented because the air on earth is toxic to them.
>Nano.
>The Bad Future Episode.

>Mentally ill Triceraton soldier helping the turtles only because he was disoriented because the air on earth is toxic to them
Such a great reference loved zog in every appearance

Bad future ep was brutal

Remember, Oda (One Piece creator) once commented that Zoro's backstory with Kuina "death" was to be left open-ended to possibly be explored in the future.

However, Kuina's "death" in the 4Kids dub by defeating adults as a child was something he thought was more fitting for the character.

He's aware of the 4kids dub?

I actually thought the original was appropriate in a sort of humiliating way. Like, this was the death that she did not deserve but guess what? Shit happens.

>Scene is originally Barb falling down from the building
>Fox said its too violent, she has to land on something
>Scene changes to her landing on her Gordan's car

How they approved and not the other scene, I don't know. I'm not sure to laugh or cry when I see this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=4fqz6z8TbMI

Don't they have grappling guns?

Except... In the censored version Tim just sort of assaulted the Joker and shoved him into a bunch of power lines and he was electrocuted by slipping on water and throwing a power switch.

I mean, sure that makes Terry's joybuzzer a kinda funny callback but... Tim's not really directly responsible for Joker's death in this situation.

It's an act of God, a twist of Fate, the universe finally throwing up its hands and going "Fuck this Particular Asshole once and for all" and doesn't have the impact of one of Batman's pupil's/surrogate children *gunning down the Joker in a hysterical fit of insanity.* Batman hates guns. Guns took away his family and his Bat-family dissolved because of this gun-related death, too.

Even if it still makes some sense that Bruce would never work with anyone else after this, and Tim would have been a mess, I don't think the censored death should have pushed him as far away as it did.

He was aware. Made a few comments in his SBS section in each volume of the manga chapters.

Uncensored death was best death. Hamill's last lines were god tier. Such a weird juxtaposition from the way he died in ROTJ and Arkham City considering they were written by the same dude

It would have worked if Tim shoved him into it and then pulled the switch himself

poetic justice

>ROTJ
For a second I thought this was Return of the Jedi.

not Sup Forums but alot of things from every iteration of yugioh

I love how all the budget clearly went into animating the flashback

Never mind me, just laughing at how Killing Joke was Rated R yet less graphic and disturbing than this movie

Sex tho. It's ADULT stuff!

I completely forgot how sad the Nano episodes were.

>The Rat King's partial degradation into a walking corpse.
Jesus fuck.

D-Does anyone have any evidence they could share?

Go look for the old 4kids dub vhs tapes/dvds or whatever. They're still out there.

The script talks around it, but they basically say that a group of adults she disgraced attacked her and she'll "never be able to wield a sword again." Early 4Kids One Piece tried its damndest to stay relatively close despite the censorship, but they gave up around when the group entered the Grand Line.

I'm pretty sure they changed Bellemere's death to imply that she died in prison of starvation instead of being shot by Arlong, which makes the death even more brutal.

>4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh: Created the entire concept of the Shadow Realm. Where your soul is trapped for all of eternity to be tortured and suffer.
>Original: They just died (tag team duel in battle city) or had there foot cut off (vs the magician)
I don't know why they thought eternal suffering was better than death, but they did.

It was a fear toxin induced hallucination.

Ah shit, I was just about to make a Batman Beyond thread.

I mean seriously, this show was amazing despite "Batman in the FUTURE" sounding like something made by 90s executives.

That's because they had talented and loving people working behind it. With those sort of people, you can turn any premise no matter how stupid into something good.

For all the stupid edits 4kids did they did have some key great ones like Shadow Realm

and their intros were pretty great for the most part

If hey made the shadow realm then what the fuck was that shit with Pegasus and Marik?

Was that just not a thing in the original?

Shadow games still made things all purple. It just wasn't where you went if you lost.

Bad future haunts me still

What did he said?

Americans religious values are as twisted as muslims'

like said, Shadow game =/= Shadow Realm. Millennium Item users can initiate Shadow games. Shadow Realm was just a dub convenience to avoid any implications of maiming or death where they could. Typically Shadow games resulted in physical punishment or mental torment, up to the point of death of course. The hilarious part is that only like, two scenes actually result in anything at all aside from some flashbacks (excluding original manga/Season 0 since 4kids never touched it). It felt like a change that gave higher actual stakes but lower physical stakes, at least visibly so.

I'm still surprised they got Shaman King to work at all considering the entire premise followed by fucking Faust.

How exactly did some high school counselor attain access to some secret prototype technology?

I can't help but think how better this show could have been if they had been allowed to portray more violence. While I do love this series, looking back I can see that the action sequences are a bit lackluster.

I only knew about the censored version for the longest time, but I still kinda like it more because the Joker always felt so untouchable that it would be fitting for the only person who can manage to kill him is himself by accident

Okay, but how did the people who got into the shadow realm got back.
I mean lots of dudes went in there in the dub, and were fine next season which doesn't really work if they were supposedly dead in the original.
Was death just cheap in the original, could someone just die and handwave it away a season later?

Except the censored version omits Joker's final words:

>"That's...not...funny..."

Sometimes, just sometimes 4Kids pulls some good decisions and choices. Like changing Miss Merry Christmas to Miss Groundhogs Day since that better fit her powers.

Also Kirby: Right Back At Ya! was pretty kino. I still consider Dedede and Meta Knight's voices in the dub to be the canon voices.meta

>mfw there's one episode where one of the cappys mentions steroids regarding the size of kirby on a fake small set on TV

If I want to get into watching the DC cartoons, which ones are included in the Universe and what order should I watch them in?

I actually liked the fact that they changed Dedede's first car from generic army camo to something actually fitting him with his logo even.

This. Uncensored version is vastly superior. It was a perfect way for BTAS The Joker to meet his end.

>Regular Chainsaw to Lazer Chainsaw with his logo on it

I swear these censorship changes are better then what they originally were

Actually, from the audio commentaries, they wanted a shot from the outside with Babs hitting the car, but had to change it to the inside due to Fox censors.

superman TAS
Batman TAS 1
Justice League TAS S1
Batman TAS s2
Justice League TAS s2
Batman Beyond

I'm surprised they animated a whole scene just for the censorship. Normally I'd think they'd just make the death happen offscreen.

even btas werent allowed to show guns
here's a list of all this things they werent allowed to show as illustrated by bruce timm

It's becoming common, this is also made on live action movies too.

it took me a while to understand catwoman is only wearing her mask and gloves on that image.

I never understood the breaking glass restriction.

they thought kids would start eating broken glass because it looks like candy

It's more about jumping through a glass, and not just breaking glass.

Yes, however Americans pick and choose which ones to follow and which to ignore.

Of course. OP was fucking huge back then. 4Kids getting the dub rights a huge shitstorm in the western fanbase. That shit basically killed OP from ever expanding in the West like Naruto.

Much like Wolverine not being allowed to stab people but had to tackle everyone. Spider-man TAS had that same problem.

source?

Not everyone was killed in the original thus allowing them to return

It literally says in the post

>putting Superman ahead of Batman when the pilot directly mentions Batman