JSA Storytime: Howard the Duck

Good evening owls,

Back to a more normal order of things

Other urls found in this thread:

pictorial.jezebel.com/up-against-the-centerfold-what-it-was-like-to-report-o-1762716355
smbc-comics.com/comics/20080702.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellblade:_Senua's_Sacrifice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP IS A MOTHERFUCKING FAGGOT!!!!

hi sugartits

comic books are bad

Hello, Storyteller.

>Dr. Bong
... Y'know what, fuck it, let's see where he's going with this.

FUCK YOU TOU FUCKING PIECE OF GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING SSHIT!!!¡!!!!¡!!!!!!

no you're bad

High art.

Neeeezzzz.

You got some anger issues today? I recommend going for a run, or planting a garden.

Is this Shooter?

Everything's bad, user. Mani was right.

Video games are worse. Though comics technically have a worse consumer base.

Seriously. It's basically your fault this industry is in the shitter. Fuck you.

Lol it's all props.

Doom wishes he'd thought of this one.

>It's only a model
>Shh!

Press Fap to pay respects to the Hef, who I kind of feel maybe was a formative influence on Gerber...

It's kind of fun to compare this to Glorious Godfrey, if you think about it

that too!

>Trapped past a deadline he never made

I can't believe Dr. Bong was Steve Gerber all along!

the best article I've read today about Playboy was this (I promise it's not the usual Jezebel clickbait):

pictorial.jezebel.com/up-against-the-centerfold-what-it-was-like-to-report-o-1762716355

Doctor Bong is probably the personal nickname appropriated by the most 1970s college students out of comics.

I'm really surprised how respectfully people are treating him. Verbally looking past his faults because he did a lot great.

It's almost as if they're recognizing that he was a human being complete with flaws and contradictions, and that nobody is 100% good or bad.

Oh yeah, there's definitely some Godfrey paralells there.

All about the showmanship.

>I quickly learned consciousness-raising was based on a Chinese revolution concept called “speaking bitterness.”

My god. Sup Forums was right! Feminists ARE MAOIST!

is this /d/

there was a lot of second-wave stuff that hopefully we've learned better from, although the circular firing squad and the purity tests are 1) still around 2) endemic to both left and right on all scales

WHITE LINES
VISION DREAMS OF PASSION
BLOWIN THROUGH MY MIND
AND ALL THE WHILE I THINK OF YOU
HIGH FRY
A VERY STRANGE REACTION
FOR US TO UNWIND
THE MORE I SEE THE MORE I DO
SOMETHING LIKE A FENOMENON
BABY
TELLIN YOUR BODY TO COME ALONG
BUT WHITE LINES BLOW AWAY

>is this /d/
It would be, if her proportions weren't so fucked up, and she's drawn the way a lot of bad furry art is. Her head is way to small, legs too long, and she has tits. Ducks do not have mammary glands, and neither do reptiles, dammit!

>WHO ARE YOU
>TO LOVE MY DAUGHTER?

That just makes it more /d/.

I also saw that the mods are apparently already tired of ALT*HERO like we all will be so very soon

No, that makes it shit, user.

The threads would be shit but I don't see why they'd be bannable. I think it was more that that particular thread was just samefagging and shitposting.

fake news.jpg

I predict when it comes out it'll be storytimed and it won't even be interestingly bad, and no one will keep caring

I think because there is literally no reason whatsoever to talk about it other than to have baby's first political debates and whine about Twitter drama, at this point at least.

I would like to think we could all stand united in laughing at it when it comes out like we do for America. I don't know how reasonable it is to expect that, though.

Man this comic has had a lot of incel-type villains.

I don't think it'll even have the wacky WTF aspect of America

it's really turning into a pattern

oh shit, it's original Peter Quill

Peter is the gayest name ever

Gayer than Dick? Is that possible?

user who said Dr. Bong was ripe for a modern revival was right- Give him a line of mail order vitamins, powders, and ointments and he's ready to be a primary news pipeline for the White House.

Dick means "detective" so it's not that gay.

I once had a client literally named "Gay"

Honestly, the Internet as a whole needs to get the fuck over it. Our current era is going to be politically charged, and focused on identity and social issues. Deal with it. Media is almost always reflective of the era it was made in, and there's no such thing as "timeless".

My point? Constantly whining and crying about it is not going to change this basic fact of reality. Politics, especially in the already politically charged medium of comic books, ain't going anywhere, so shut the fuck up already, and find something worthwhile to constantly complain about. Like microtransations and loot boxes, for fucks sake.

Yeah, this is one of those things that's unbelievably topical despite being very of its time

Damn, Gerber was good at that

Eagerly awaiting you explaining this to all 7.5 billion people on Earth, Prophet Cranky.

Dr. Bong looks like aintitcoolnews....

hey back in 10 or so, promise

>implying Gerber wasn't actually from the future

Isn't this actually Quill 2.0 though, since it's Claremont?

>come back to the past to write shitty overrated trash for Marlel instead of preventing 9/11 or whatever

Well, Peter is also a cock name.

Gaylord is a fine upstanding name.

The reason I quit following games some years ago is because it was just constant drama, not just political and about Twitter bullshit, but nonstop controversies and bitching. Every day it was something else and it was literally giving me migraines.

I never felt that that mentality had been present in comics until recently. Maybe I just hadn't noticed but the past year since the Marvel hate bandwagon started picking up steam it's really getting me stressed again, even as someone who has been pretty uninterested in Marvel since NOW started.

I will give it to gamers though that despite some of the more shallow whining, they push for quality and innovation in their medium and lambast things that are samey, generic, and safe, unlike here in comics where fans now seem to be BEGGING for more comics to be toothless and banal and more like products than art. It's just the most backwards shit.

Everyone knows that the technology Hitler used to make himself exempt from time-travel interference also unintentionally covered Lincoln and Kennedy's assassinations and 9/11. Don't you know how time works?

right, but compared to Dick, still

>unbelievably topical despite being very of its time

That may be a condemnation of out lack of advancement on these issues more than anything.

A common line through this Gerber stuff, the Captain Atom stuff, Suicide Squad... the lot of it.

Everything's the same, it just got louder and noisier because of the internet.

how are you owls today

what's out next week

Almost all of contemporary history's big divides can be summed up like this:
smbc-comics.com/comics/20080702.gif

>The female's EMOTIONS are solely the province of DR. BONG!

definitely incel

I've wanted to post Moore's Judgment Day for like a week now but I've gotten like three different types of sick.

Still spending most of my waking hours re-reading Silver Age Legion.

Fucking terrible desu. Just in one of these black mood slumps. How about you, OP?

Watching Will and Grace season premiere to spite Comicosity Guy

been better, been worse, we needed the rain but it's gross outside

>how are you owls today

Recovering from my weekend cold (down to just persistent, annoying cough)
Wishing I had direction in life.

I have slowly come to terms with not having the one I'd thought I would

IKTF but also honestly, the lack of it is all my own fault.

Remember the prologue maaan.

And yeah, I'm only barely getting better myself.
Cosmic Odyssey tomorrow night though

youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

I know that feeling user

I'm always jealous of people who knew what they wanted to do for a living in high school and were able to pursue that

Oh, I'm in the same boat. The same sinking, in the middle of the ocean boat.

perfect choice

at least it's not THAT identity crisis

I hope Fifi doesn't get undeservedly wrecked by fate.

Seriously, much as I bash gamers, at least they want to see new shit that has a fuckin' point to its existence for the most part.

It's a might sick that the most interesting comic I've read recently is fucking Howard the Duck. No offense, but Howard the fucking Duck is allowed to have biting social satire, and do interesting shit with its premise, but Green Arrow of all books gets shat on for daring to address actual topics?

Fuck comic nerds. We deserve to be mocked, just for being such tasteless drones.

>MOTHER OF TROTSKY!

Trying to figure out who Howard the Hairless Ape's model here is.
Clean shaven Gabe Kaplan?

How do I into Judge Dredd? Do I fall for the Bolland meme? How does continuity and shit work?

There are a lot of fucking stupid gamers too user. And the 'point to its existence' seems flimsy in the face of yearly Madden and CoDs.

That said if you or Tex end up playing Hellblade I wanna know what you think of it.

Nigger, Obama literally had the whole MSM covvering for him since 2004.

Don't act like a few pro-Trump websites are even remotly the same.

Fifi seems like a good kid, for a slutty duck abomination.

Howard was the best-selling comic of the 70s. Then Marvel ruined it by alienating Gerber and allowing that horrible movie.

paging a Judge user

I want to play that but I can't justify buying it when I have this backlog of shit already

Follow by storylines. Continuity stays but storylines are usually pretty followable.

Robot War is aces.

I'm fine. Trying to make up a fictional country, cause that's what qualifies as a hobby for my boring ass self.

IIRC Judge user says just start with Case Files No. 1 and read in order.

Da fuck is Hellblade

Dredd has full continuity as far as 2000AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine goes: everything is in continuity. Honestly it's a meme answer but you can just start at the beginning, Case File #1 and pick up from there. It depends how much time you've got.

Older Dredd is more goofy (and he goes from having this lean appearance to the steroid chin monster he is today) but the goofiness never actually goes away. Dredd will have goofy-ass stories on occasion even today.

A composite of the Marx brothers (who look near identical anyway), maybe?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellblade:_Senua's_Sacrifice

So comichron posted how high in numberings comics got and how many new #1s in that year there were

They did before 1990 too, but 1990 is where it started getting crazy