All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #11 preview

After many months of being absent since his and Sam's book ended, Richard Rider finally returns to comics next week to join the conflict between the Nova Corps and the Fraternity of Raptors. And another Rider might be coming back, too...

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/36636-the-other-nova-rider-returns-sorta-in-all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-11-preview.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Interesting how the recap page puts emphasis on Talonar of the Raptors being familiar with the Guardians. Hmm.

End of preview. Is Robbie Rider truly lost? Or will Rich find him? Find out on Wednesday!

IT'S
HAPPENING

Where'd you get the preview anyway? I wanna link it somewhere

newsarama.com/36636-the-other-nova-rider-returns-sorta-in-all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-11-preview.html

>Rich AND Darkhawk
well now i'm happy

Damn! they finally remembered Robbie! Duggan is doing a good job even with the synergy in some characters.

That's not Darkhawk. Pretty sure it's an incorrectly-drawn Talonar.

There have been hints Darkhawk will show up in the book, though.

Duggan at least has known about Robbie for awhile. When Nova went and gave the Nova helmet he got out of the black vortex to Richard's parents, Duggan wrote them telling Sam they had another son who was still out in space.

>One last score
Please don't tell me they turned the GotG into thieves

He did say this

Who is the spacesuit guy and why are they treating like he is the boss of the Nova Corp?

oh my god
oh my god
is this run good? please tell me i can go back into gotg

Adsit was a shield agent/Deadpool supporting character who became one of the leaders of the new Nova corps during the Deadpool goes to space issue.

THIS!

Duggan is going to do great things in this book mark my words

It started out with a bit too much synergy for my tastes, but I didn't like the first 6 issues of his Deadpool either, but it got really good after that, and I realize now it was a transition period to take it from Way to his own, much better thing.

It's pretty much the same here in my opinion, where he's transitioning from Bendis/movie guardians to something of his own, and it definitely feels way more like the old ones, though it definitely still has a Duggan style to it. I was hooked by the third issue, when he started diving into more Starlin esque stuff.

If you can't be arsed to keep up with comics why are you even here?

It's damn good if you can accept that DnA are never coming back. Duggan actually cares about the characters and their history, even if that unfortunately includes Bendis.

Yes. Duggan is making cosmic Marvel great again.

>If you can't be arsed to keep up with comics why are you even here?
Reading DC and hoping for good runs with Rider? I've skipped this because i've been really disappointed with Marvel lately(especially after Nova being cancelled on issue 7)
So yeah, even if it's not DnA i'd be glad to have a good GotG comic right now, because everything since the movie came out has been kinda shit

Duggan also posted this panel from #152 a few days ago. Rich is going to be helping out against the evil Groots, too.

It's too bad fags will shit all over this, screaming synergy because of baby groot. AN GotG has been a fucking blast

Well he is the leader of his mallcop Nova corps but I think Rich is being polite and just respecting that.

Not like Rich can't easily take over if he wanted, he is the Nova Prime.

Me 2
This feels like it should had come out right after Rider came back. Better late than never i guess

If Baby Groot and Quill's music are the price for good Cosmic, then I'm happy to pay. Duggan is actually doing good work with those elements anyway. The Gardener's Groot army is a great idea and Samnee's issue about Quill's music was fucking brilliant.

They adopted movie colors for the Gems/Stones or they are still using the classic ones?

I guess I'll start checking it from now on.
Obliged, mates.

Speaking of, I like that we get to see another member of the new Nova Corps using the Nova Force here. Hopefully that'll calm the people complaining about it just being the mall cops (even when Duggan had previously said it had both types).

it's okay really. I just feels like it's missing something but it's readable.

They act more like mercenaries since they take a job from the Grandmaster to steal something from the Collector but the Guardians all had their own agenda and they did it because they wanted the money so they could disband and go their separate ways.

The only one who got changed big time was Rocket, he acts like his MCU self. Peter just wants to protect the Galaxy and he agrees to go with the Nova corps and fight the Raptors, Gamora wants the Soul stone to get her lost self and save Adam and Phyla, Rocket just wants money and payback for what happened to Groot, Drax just wants to be peaceful.

We don't really know yet. Soul's still green at least.

Considering Marvel Cosmic state in recent years, even a competent story is an improvement

>This is Nova Denarian Robbie Rider
>Nova Denarian actually

Ooooh boy.

Darkhawk's one-shot involves the Fraternity of the Raptors hunting him so yeah he has to tie to ANGotG

i really doubt that adam and phyla and maybe even gamora are in the soul gem.

I'll be honest, that issue with Quill tracking through space trying to find a certain radio wave so he could listen to some human music from his childhood was comfy as fuck, the issue with Gamora communicating with herself that's trapped within the stone was great, that fucking issue aboit Drax killing off a slaver only to inadvertently kill all the slaves and have them name him Destroyer was outstanding. I'm not even a fan of cosmic comics and I'm pulling this one because I liked the first five issues so much.

Well I call them mallcops because they aren't properly trained (even Adsit said it himself), they got their ass kicked badly and they surrendered to the Guardians pretty easily, couldn't even take Deadpool.

And yeah DP had that fake nullifier but compared to the Nova corps that went down dying to the Annihilation Wave or Nebula's fleet these guys seem pretty weak.

We saw them in there and Duggan's hinted a million times he's bringing Phyla back, though. It's copies of their souls in there or the copies are the ones outside the gem

Could be a ruse but I choose to believe until it happens.

If you like it, tell your friends. It's not struggling yet but sales have been falling. Which is a damn shame cause IMO this is a book that truly appeals to both fans of the movie and of DnA.

phyla has no reason to be in the soul gem. she's never been near it. drax has already poked holes in gamora's story cause he doesn't believe it and adam isn't dead. that doesn't mean she's isn't talking to a adam in the stone.

Soul stone was green just like the soul gem was in the comics.

I think in the MCU it's orange? But the Time stone is green in the MCU.

I think Phyla's being in there might just be a genuine mistake, and Duggan misremembered her and the other Guardians captured by Magus during DnA's run as being trapped in the stone. But we'll see. I don't think it'd be too hard to come up with a no-prize around that.

unless it's not phyla and adam

I know we're already aware of the who the new Guardian from Earth is going to be (why did you have to fuck that reveal up, Marvel?), but this cover kind of makes me wish we really do get space Man-Thing at some point.

Ignoring the fact that Thanos Imperative had Robbie make it out of the Cancerverse battle and attend Rich's funeral (since the ship was disabled before the Cancerverse strike) or the fact that I think Robbie popped up in Annihilators...

Did Robbie lose his Nova force because Rich took it all when he was in the Cancerverse?

Is that suppose to be Rich or another Nova? Doesn't look like Rich's Nova Prime or Perez armors.

Seems like Rich operates independently from the Novas, which I hope is the case. He works a lot better on his own
But, this would have had to have been recorded before pic related for Robbie to have any powers and we know he ends up back at PEGASUS after Thanos Imperative.

>mfw I live in a latin america country with no LCS
>mfw the country doesn't have comic book industry
>mfw I only have a friend who kinda read comics in english, and I only buy like every six months via amazon

I'll tell them tho, but I don't think it will help

>Cable, Deadpool, Man-Thing, and Strange
I'd read that team-up.

Rich had the Worldmind channel all the Nova force into him when he confronted the Revengers near the end of TI. So, Robbie would have had to have lost his powers then.

Robbie didn't pop up in Annihilators, and he hasn't been seen since Thanos Imperative. I also don't remember him getting back to PEGASUS; Duggan's Nova run established he had still been missing in space.

anons, you are acting like duggan actually read thanos imperative.

When Cosmo goes to PEGASUS to recruit Wendell for the Annihilators, Robbie and Namorita are sitting in the room with them.

Did he not read it, or is he just following the countless other writers who didn't read it? Hard to say.

The guy Rich is talking to in the first page says that the ship was disabled "before the Cancerverse strike" and "never made it to the rift," and that indicates to me that Robbie talking about the Nova Force fading in the recording is referring to when Rich took all the Nova Force into the Cancerverse.

Nobody at Marvel has read it.

well namorita is dead again because it was a mistake to save her

It's okay, According to Yost she's got a bunch of clone bodies out there to resurrect herself in

I don't get why Brevoort hated her coming back so much.

>it's a "comic you read did happen, just not the way you read it" issue

Duggan's doing a pretty good job despite the forced SYNERGY. He's managing to clean up the mess Bendis and Dogfucker left in their wake.

Rich has always been independent, even when the corps was a thing he always did whatever the hell he wanted, it's also why he got intro trouble a lot and why he freaked out when Worldmind went crazy and reestablished the corps.

I think Star-Lord said that the Galaxy does need a Nova corps and I am sure Rich would hang with them enough to make sure they are stable and capable of defending the Galaxy. But outside of the New Warriors (who were more his hang out super powered friends when he was a teen) Rich is pretty much a solo act, it's why he agreed to being a reserve member for the Secret Avengers and why he said he wouldn't join the Guardians.

Maybe he probably did but he doesn't remember details, all I know he said he read both Annihilation stories and that he recently read DnA's Nova run (he even posted panels in his twitter of where he was at).

That said Robbie is such a minor character in Thanos Imperative I can see someone forgetting him or not remembering details about him being there, I mean this user didn't even remember Robbie being in Annihilators.

Or maybe he intentionally ignored things.

That said it's the editors job to uphold continuity but current Marvel editors can't be arsed to even fix spelling mistakes.

Here's your answer, and it's not a good one especially seeing how much her death sucked and the fact that he's OK with the Bendis' O5 but not Nita?

That was in Annihilators Imperative, not Annihilators. And given that he didn't even have any lines, I can't say I'm too fussed about Duggan ignoring that to tell his story. At this point, it's been retconned into just some other Pegasus scientist.

>That was in Annihilators Imperative, not Annihilators.
Fuck. You know what I meant. Thanos Imperative.

>And given that he didn't even have any lines, I can't say I'm too fussed about Duggan ignoring that to tell his story.

This, besides it provides for a much better heartbreaking story between Robbie and Rich and it gives a better reason for Robbie turning into Talonar.

The last was known of her was when Water Snake in New Warriors said she was looking for her.

So maybe eventually Water Snake found her and she's chillin' in Atlantis

Guardians Primer pages that show Ant-Man. I think every Legacy book is getting their own?

>Robbie Thompson

Awesome

Nova and Darkhawk in MCU when?

Depending how violently Thanos destroys the Nova corps in infinity war they might do a "last man standing" Nova film/character like they did with Robbie in Annihilation.

ROBBIE!

Fuck, Duggan is saving Guardians right now

>Corpsman Scott Adsit

Okay, keeping that up, eh?

Will Ravager Steve show up at some point, then, given that Gerry let Steve Agee take over his character in D&D?

>self-proclaimed awesome dude
>absolute moron

I want the dumbass Star-Lord meme to end, not even Gunn has characters treat him like a moron.

But seeing how Duggan made Peter competent I'm guessing this wasn't him (I hope).

>Duggan saved Deadpool
>Duggan is saving the Guardians

What can't Duggan save?

Nevermind that's Rocket narrating although old Rocket wouldn't call Peter a moron.

Probably America Chavez

Richard Rider is fucking based and I have no idea what the fuck James Gunn is doing chasing shit characters like Mantis and Ego impersonations o fucking David Hasselhoff instead cementing Rider

Joel Edgerton would be great for the role. But it was only fantasy...

Darkhawk is definitely never. Nova is probably never

Where do we see where all those 'primer pages' were released?

That's just Rocket talking shit dude. That said, Quill's archetype is the Fool, and the fool is often the wisest man in the play.

But yeah it wasn't written by Duggan anyway.

>Adam
>Not in the Soul Gem

C'mon, man. Be serious. There's a least a Magus in there ready to go "haha I punked you Infinity Guard fools, I'm free to be the evil Space Pope again" one he gets loose.

>and I have no idea what the fuck James Gunn is doing
He wanted Quill to be the only human for the first two movies. That restriction will be lifted for the third movie.

>Joel Edgerton
He's way too old, what the hell are you smoking? Whoever they cast for Rich has to be younger than Pratt by a good few years. Mid twenties at the oldest.

Giant Sized Space-Thing?

Side-note, but I reread the Magus saga recently, and I forgot just how much I loved the ending. I think it's funny that people rag on Starlin for hating organized religion when the ending of that story basically says "Yeah, the Church can be an oppressive dick, but is it really better to side with a destructive nihilist instead?"

Gunn said they talked about Rich as a possibility of him being in the movies but that's about it.

At least the MCU exec are aware of him, so that's a maybe? Honestly seeing how Gunn is the Cosmic consultant of the MCU chances of your favorite cosmic character getting in the movies depend on Gunn knowing said character or how much he likes them.

So Nova it's a "whatever" for Gunn but he knows the character and he did say he's not oppose to a movie being made of him.

And seeing how the MCU doesn't have Silver Surfer or Galactus, the MCU has to take any Cosmic character it can, so Nova has a chance.

Darkhawk on the other hand probably not, unless they do a Nova movie and they make the Fraternity into the Sinestro corps but they would have to eliminate their link to the Shiar (unless Marvel owns Darkhawk and Fox takes the Fraternity, it would be another Skrulls and Super Skrull deal).

>devalue her death

That implies that killing her off the way they did had value, and wasn't just nakedly disrespectful to the New Warriors.

So is Wolverine going to join the Guardians? Unsure how to feel about if that does happen.

One other thing I found interesting was the hints Loki wants the Infinity Stones to stop some bigger threat.

I can't believe some novel nobody's ever heard of gets to use the movie title Annihilation first.
Fucking Gunn.

>but they would have to eliminate their link to the Shiar

Not if they just went with the old pre-DnA version.

Yeah, why doesn't Gunn make an Annihilation movie without half of the characters that were central to that event? What an asshole.

I truthfully wouldn't want Gunn to have made it, but we might have had one by now if he didn't cut Nova out of the script of the first GotG.

>forcing Nova into GOTG
>doing Annihilation without Annihilus
Fuck outta here, dude.

He wouldn't have been forced. He was in the fucking script

And was cut for a reason. That reason being that a GOTG film doesn't need Nova any more than a Nova film needs the GOTG. Which is to say, not at all. You're just butthurt your favorite character didn't get a movie first.

Gunn's reason for cutting him out was really dumb, though.

No it isn't. If you want Pete and Rich on-screen together then Pete needs to be out in space first, without any other humans, like he was in his original stories. Once he becomes a veteran, THEN you bring Rich into the picture, so you get the proper dynamic they had in the comics.

What's really dumb is having them both go to space at the same time like in Perlman's script.