Aside from him going absolutely bananas, I think it was an upgrade

Downgrade

>No longer needing starscream to flick his dick to shoot things
Most of Sup Forums is gay, so I think the consensus will be downgrade

>Was it an upgrade or a downgrade?

>covenant of unicron
>+5 STR
>-5 INT

if had actually listened and did what Unicron told him to do Galvatron would be fine, he just had too much loser Megatron in him.

Cyclonus is a better replacement anyways, he loved Galvatron unconditionally despite all of his abuse and mental health issues.

First things he did was kill Starscream.

Definite upgrade.

It's an upgrade, he only went crazy after he was stuck in the lava for a while in between the movie and season 3.

I always did love the original Galvatron design, just a damn shame his personality took a hit in the tv series.

Soundwave superior.

Was it rape or did Starscream enjoy it?

>-5 INT
shouldn't that be a reduction in WIS?

Him going nanners was a neat idea. At least it was something, not like the fucking anime adaptions where he just gets a palette change and says "I'm Galvatron now!'
It was especially stupid how one instance is just Megs having an emo fit and getting the power boost.

>Cyclonus
>Soundwave
>Star Scream

Why do the Decepticons have to be so fucking cool sounding, goddamn.

soundwave was pro "jettison some weight".

no amount of raksha-apologizing can disprove that.

he actually got galvatron some help in the mental health issues thing. other second in commands would've probably used that as an excuse to grab power.

It's a direct upgrade aside from the mind rape malware.

In the comics it was time travel that drove him nuts.

In terms of combat ability it was a significant upgrade. The biggest drawback was that Unicron could keep him on a short leash but then Unicron blew up so GG.

It was honestly kind of dumb that Hot Rod did as well as he did, and the only way I could justify it as a kid was to think that Megs was still resisting Unicron on some level and wasn't going all out.

It is weird how his mind worked in the movie. On one hand, it seemed like Megs had been overwritten at times, given how Galvatron spoke like Megatron was a separate person, then in others mention his past deeds. Didn't help that Unicron didn't think to just give him telepathy and say "Yo, dipshit! They didn't die in that ship explosion!"

>soundwave was pro "jettison some weight".
Soundwave, like any Decepticon, was pro-survival of the fittest. He wanted to preserve Megatron until it came down to "Drop the weakest or we all drift in space forever." At which point the choice was clear. Megatron would have done the same no question.

If Starscream had tried to dispose of Megatron outside of that necessity, Soundwave isn't even the only Decepticon that would have taken issue.

Soundwave was the one who carried Meg's broken beaten body on the ship with them

>toy has a third handgun mode
>never ever appears anywhere else

He went from having a gun that never hurt anyone to having a gun that oneshot bots.

>He went from having a gun that never hurt anyone
Tell that to the old Autobrat cast

Late G1 was probably the worst offender in having the toys look nothing like the models in the show.

Brawn: shot by Megatron
Prowl: shot by Scavenger
Ratchet and Ironhide: shot by Megatron, Starscream, and the Constructicons, with Ironhide needing a point-blank killshot.

Important question, was Galvatron ever shown flying under his own power? Or was he always ferried about by Cyclonus? Megatron could fly by sheer will to show up Starscream

Constantly.

>killing best girl
No shit it was a downgrade

Megatron was into twinks Galvatron was into prison bitches but soundwave was his true waifu

What do you think

Then I'd go for upgrade. Being able to toot your own horn is a big plus, and the insanity was brain melted by lava related rather than new body related

true but he still voted 'aye' on the 'jettison some weight'.

>Brawn looks like he's shot in the shoulder
>Turns out the blast took out his whole back
Gun form Megatron packed one hell of a punch in the movie. And Ironhide should take more to go down. His name is Ironhide. Or rather it was. Now it's Torsocrater.

When he's referring to Megatron as Galvatron, I always saw it as he's putting the old identity behind him and embracing his new self. Megatron was defeated, cast adrift by his own soldiers and was reduced to begging for his life in order to survive, but Galvatron was someone new, more powerful, more driven than ever to destroy the Autobots utterly and as others have said, the Decepticons were all about survival of the fittest. The identity of Megatron was not fit to survive, so he became Galvatron.

Also, Unicron is kind of a planet-sized asshole, so he probably enjoyed torturing Galvatron for fucking up.

Post movie g1 is hard to watch because best boy Shockwave died offscreen in the movie ;m;

Also friendly Reminder both Starscream and Astrotrain were in on it together.

Remember who is the bot that coronated Starscream....Mr. Space Choo Choo himself.

Dude built a working laser pistol in an arts and craft class. That's far greater than anything Megatron did.

>Late G1 was probably the worst offender in having the toys look nothing like the models in the show.

Try Best Machines.

Didn't Megatron make working replicas of all the Decepticons at one point just to troll the Autobots?

What he said

Short term upgrade until it corrupted his systems.

>if had actually listened and did what Unicron told him to do Galvatron would be fine

No, then the Autobots would be dead and Unicron would've eaten Cybertron ANYWAY.

>Also, Unicron is kind of a planet-sized asshole
Not strictly in response to this but a lot of people overestimate how big Unicron is, usually making him larger than Cybertron or even Earth. If you go by the movie's production scale he's planet sized, but smaller than Earth, and if you go by what's actually in animation (lol, continuity in G1) he's smaller than Earth's moon.

HER'ES A HINT

Really the only fault with Galvatron, is that his overall design doesnt look as good or as iconic as megatron.
If it wasnt for the cannon on his arm, you'd never know the two were related. The design could easily pass as just another decepticon mook.

I dont think it is a mistake when later shows just show Galvatron as a recolor.

It makes the most sense if Soundwave never even considered they'd dare take "survival of the fittest" as far as throwing Megatron out as well. Then it just suddenly happens so fast, no-one even has time to raise an objection.

Shockwave isn't there, Skywarp has just been thrown out into space, Soundwave and his tapes were the only serious Megatron loyalists left.

If Soundwave had won the battle for leadership, his first order would likely have been to go rescue Megatron.

>if Lugnut was G1, he'd dive out the spaceship screaming "NOOO TAKE ME WITH YOU!"

>G1 Lugnut
If there's a drawfag around here i'd really like to see that

Shockwave would do the same, but he was on guard duty.

>Starscream was Megatron's girl
>Astrotrain had to loose some weight
>Starscream threw his boyfriend out the window
>Astrotrain crowned the fuck outta that slut

Did Astrotrain cuck Megatron?

I really hate this shit

I don't get it what was the point of changing the most iconic and beloved character, I could understand doing this on some lame not selling well characters but this is shit

this whole idea stinks

>dressing up sexy just for the phone
Why is our boy so pure?

Because his hubby is just as pure

It was early days, they had no idea he was beloved or iconic, they just wanted to sell their new toy.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH

Are you talking about Megatron becoming Galvatron, or the change to Megatron's Generation 2 design?

For the former, is correct. As with the deaths of Prime and Starcream death, Hasbro didn't understand how much anyone loved these characters.

For G2 Megatron, the new look was because toy safety laws meant Megatron couldn't be a gun anymore.

>Shockwave
>Megatron loyalist

about Megatron becoming Galvatron

changing character completely is a shitty move

Redesigning Megatron into tank is actually a good idea for medium besides toys
because robot turning into a pistol is retarded
I only would repaint it into full gray instead neon green and purple

In the g1 cartoon he's willing to call Megatron everyday for 4 million years, he's as loyal as they get. to bad Megatron doesn't love him back

Shockwave is a scientist though. He is probably used to keeping logs and all sorts of stuff every day.
Remember in the G1 comic and pretty much every other incarnation he only lets megatron lead because it is more efficient for him at the time, even though he is stronger, smarter and more competent all around.

He wasn't as psycho as Armada Megaton.

But I'm talking specifically about the g1 cartoon, not the comics. He's really not that competent at all in the g1 cartoon, that's why he got left on guard duty. He's a lover not a fighter.

Was it an upgrade or a downgrade?

He's less bishie when he got his body repaired, I'd say downgrade.

It's not guard duty! He's a guardian! Of and entire planet! And he's SIGNIFICANTLY understaffed!

Okay 'guardian' here's a message from your daddy Megatron-

I'm listening

I mean it was an upgrade from "Basically Dead".

At the end of the day though only one think matters. FUCK HOTROD.

>At the end of the day though only one think matters. FUCK HOTROD.

Screw you user.

>Didn't Megatron make working replicas of all the Decepticons at one point just to troll the Autobots?
webworld was the single greatest episode of any transformers medium

Turbo revving young punk, I'll straighten ya out yet!