So

So...

What went wrong?

HEY

BETER

The majority of original writers left and moved on to other projects.

Alternatively, the television nuclear family that Family Guy was meant to parody gradually changed in state from what Family Guy was built off of in the interim years of cancellation, making it essentially a satire with no subject. Directionless but profitable.

>The majority of original writers left and moved on to other projects.

Povenmire was the biggest loss since he was involved in so many of the memorable moments from early in the show.

Yeah Joe from Family Guy™?

Which season did he leave?

Do YUu wAnt sum BaJah BLASSST?

SPELL WHOM'ST'D'VE

Seth macfarlane is all cringe and no laffs

You think THAT'S bad?

I know user, I hate to admit it myself but my show's been on the decline for years now.
I haven't been this disappointed in myself since I derailed that thread with my Satanic get.

You grew up and became jaded like all adults

>my satanic get
>those digits

holy shit. off by one

Yes, Anonymous from Sup Forums?

HOLY CRAP!

SuSSScreibe 4 fr3 NuTFlex

There are a lot of instances where you can tell the criticism and maybe also Seth's personal life were a bit heavy for him and the writing staff. The best example of this is Brian's evolution as a character: he started out as man's best friend, then became a pretty clear mouthpiece for Seth's ideals. And people hated that so the show started to shit on Brian and by the time they killed him, he wasn't anything more than a horny burn-out self-parody.

it was always bad
thats why fox cancelled it
and it was relegated to reruns on AS
then kids grew up watching it
fox made the right financial move
and brought back a show
with a guaranteed audience pool
of profound idiots
seriously
retards
so as it looks from here,
not being retarded,
it looks like everything is going right

End of Season 5; Dan was responsible for pretty much all of the early stuff with music like the Road to Rhode Island songs and the Shipoopi segment.

I think the time travel episode with Death was the last episode he worked on.

BETER

WE'RE INSIDE BINECRAFT

Everyone became an insufferable asshole once it came back from cancellation which could be fine if it didn't constantly try to force heartwarming moments down your throat. Some of which were just straight up retarded like expecting the viewer to think Meg is making some noble sacrifice to be abused by her family for the rest of her life in order for them to stay together rather than realizing they're all terrible people and getting the hell out as soon as possible.

>then kids grew up watching it
>fox made the right financial move
>and brought back a show
The show was only canceled for like a year and a half and it was strong DVD sales that brought it back not kids watching it on AS.

Seth was supposed to die in 9/11

More like "What went right?" And the answer to that is "Nothing."

It started off as a third-rate Simpsons ripoff, and only became popular after Adult Swim began syndicating it. Afterward, stoners and retarded teenagers thought it was funny, so Fox eventually decided to bring it back despite it being awful.

It was the perfect storm of happenstance glorifying total shit.

macfaglane happened

THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I DID A FUNNY MOMENT

>cutaway gag

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Family guy. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Brian's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Family guy truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Stewie's existencial catchphrase "what the deuce," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Seth MacFarlane's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Family guy tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I dunno, you tell me.

Eh. This pasta doesn't work for Family Guy. Redditors and enlightened euphorics hate the show for being so unbelievably stupid. The show itself acknowledges that it's stupid. The show isnt awful because it tries to be smart and fails. It's awful because it takes "lowest common denominator" as a challenge and beats it.

I fucking love potty humor, offensive shock humor and mind numbing slapstick yet Family Guy fucked these things up and made them boring, somehow.