Paranatural - mood whiplash filler edition

get spype for spitball

>Hey guys! I didn't have enough time to make a full page, unfortunately (I'm on the road and very busy), but I made some short comics! I'll shoot for a full update for next time, fingers crossed. Thanks for reading!

B R A V O Z A C K
R
A
V
O

Z
A
C
K

Other urls found in this thread:

paranatural.net/comic/chapter-2-page-21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Screams because of hurt wrist.

I miss that art style, and their face-shaped faces.

The first page of chapter 5 was posted on December 30, 2014.

This has been going on longer than the Dressrosa arc.

What the fuck another filler? Has that asshat attended the Dresden Codak school of being fucking unable to draw several pages in a row?

This page was posted one month ago. He could only manage to post two consecutive updates without skipping one.
This guy is a fucking mess.

I'd just like to remind everyone this is the first time we've seen Hijack in a year.

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S DONE IT AGAIN.

>I'm on the road
Does the poor man have power steering?

>fingers crossed
Oh, you mean like THIS?

1. No shit, user.
2. You a shit, for reminding me of best duo that we'll never have.

Looking at these two pages next to each other just makes me sad.

Who's the guy in the right column? Is he important?

This shit is never going to end, is it?

And ten times as boring

Dressrosa at least had payoff to decade old lingering storylines. Andiscussions a more entertaining sports themed aside.

I think that's the whale frog, the thing that ate its reflections in chapter 2.

I expected no update at all, and am STILL FUCKING DISAPPOINTED.

EEEEYYYYYAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

So, for anybody still wondering if it's worth it to stay. I'm ballparking he has 15 chapters left to get it to 20 total chapters. Now, I've calculated that it would take about 14 years to reach that point at the current pace.
The scary thing?
That's only IF he stops at 20 chapters.
That's only IF every chapter is 100 pages ONLY.
That's ONLY IF he updates twice a week, no exceptionsfor those 14 years

so what's worse, shit like this or Poppy's light novel format

>I'm ballparking he has 15 chapters left to get it to 20 total chapters
We're on chapter five. So yeah, 15 more chapters would make it to 20.
>14 years to do 15 chapters
Aren't you generous. This chapter alone has taken almost three years.

they're equally bad in their own special, unique ways

At least PNAT will be a readable comic 30 years down the line

Joke's on you, i read berserk.

what, there's not enough in Poppy right now for you to read?

>Isabel fucks Max
>Isabel fucks her teacher
>now Isabel fucks Isaac

What's wrong with this slut?

Say that Zack is gonna place this story within a year, which is made more complicated by the fact that he set himself a time limit via establishing Isaac piss-poorly being in the final middle school grade (unless there any >3-year middle schools this non-Yank hasn't heard about): how is he going to split the time span for each chapter?

What if Zack decides to quit halfway?

This is one major problem that could just be easily avoided with subplot and page limits.

Too bad rocketmen and hurricanes don't wait for even 5.

Right now it's just been like Chapter 1 (first day), Chapter 2 (first night), Chapter 3 (second day?), Chapter 4 (second night?), and now Chapter 5 (third day). So each chapter takes place over like half of a day, and each half has been back to back so far (I think?). At this pace, one year should be fine.

If Chapter 5 ever ends, I hope at some point he'll let there be a little breathing room between chapters. Like one chapter could take place during the fifth day, while the next might be during the eighth night.

Couldn't even put a background in for the team panels. Jesus christ zack

HIJACK FINALLY MAKES AN APPEARANCE AGAIN
IN FUCKING FILLER

Nice to see the main villain of the arc after 2 years.

In a comedic filler strip.

Right after a tense, emotional (supposed to be at least) moment

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

REEEEEEEE JUST GO BACK TO FUCKING ONE PAGE A WEEK IF THAT'S ALL YOU CAN MANAGE INSTEAD OF FAILING TO DO TWO

>Chapter 4 (second night?)
Night 2, then Day 3 to Night 3. So if Zack is strictly covering day-by-day, he would manage to cover just 10 days in those 20 chapters.

Of course, no breather chapter is ever going to save the problematic rushed progression (character-wise and plot-wise) PNAT has seen since chapter 4...

>Hunter x Hunter stopped and started hiatus before this chapter finished

>creator hates Sup Forums and all its posters and refuses to come and see what we say about the comic

It sucks because he can't just undo adding a million new plotlines like he did. I wish he'd focus more on the little shit, which is why Chapter 2 is so good imo. Not all that much happens to progress the main plot, but you learn more about the world of Paranatural and rules the ghostly stuff follows. That and it is short and sweet.

yea, he's really missing out not reading all these wrist jokes

You say that sarcastically, but they are by far my favorite part.

Still doesn't realize the satyr schlong Ed was packing all along.

If Sup Forums can make twitter accounts why cant Sup Forums do that and call out Zack on his bullshit?

Hey, at the end of the day, he did manage to make his comic unpalatable to us.

hey, i like a ziplock bag of broken glass lazily pasted over a jpg of a wrist as much as anyone but it's not exactly the best way to lure that fucker back here

>why can't we be more like Sup Forums
lel

Because Sup Forums aren't idiotic normies who'd actually use social media?

You think he even knows about wristposting?

actually that did sound like fun

lul

He didn't want to come here when Sup Forums loved the comic, I doubt he'll want to come here just for the wristposting.

>hey, why can't we do this cancerous thing on a cancerous platform just like /cancer/?
GTFO

There seemed to be at least be a point where he didn't totally despise Sup Forums, at least enough for it to get acknowledged at one point when people here figured out the spirit languages.

Immediately after that either SJWs or people who know of Sup Forums exclusively trough Buzzfeed and Fox News told him that all of the site is Sup Forums (which was before Sup Forums was a thing) and he did his best to distance himself from his Sup Forums fans, going as far as adding homosexual characters (ironic considering how full of literal gayfags Sup Forums is and Sup Forums being the only board that ever gave a fuck about him).

Can we stop making Paranatural threads?

Poppy is still more Sup Forums related then this trash

It's more Sup Forums related than all the Sup Forums capeshit threads. Also wristposting is fun.

>it's never coming back

But we hate the comic.

But really, does anybody here actually like this comic anymore? I just click on these threads occasionally out of nostalgia and morbid curiosity.

If people here only made threads about things they like we'd be deader than /po/.

FUCKING DAMNIT

Except Zack doesn't have a multi-decade run in a major magazine, an animated series, two OVAs and a wife that defined the mahou shoujo genre that would justify him giving 0 fucks about being on schedule or earning another cent in his life.

He does have exploding wrists thou.
And isn't that what matters in the end?

>saturation
>quickfire jokes
>jokes in the background
>even the wacky faces are subdued

>rereading chapter one
>art is crude but far more lively than it is now
>colouring is pleasing
>detailed backgrounds everywhere
>sense of mystery and exploration throughout
>characters are entertaining and likable, actually act like kids
>updates daily
>UPDATES DAILY
Seriously, what the fuck happened? Did he really just get lazy one day? This is painful to read, it's like the dairy of Anne Frank knowing what's going to happen.

He probably just had a reservoir of pages and thought he could keep up with the pace enough to not fall behind.
Also, one page a day for daily updates, without some actually good income for the comic, is a quite unsustainable model.

>unsustainable model
Financially or physically? Because both assumptions are incorrect. A per-update Patrion and 8 hours of work a day is one way. And with time, a person can learn to draw faster or even hire a person to work on backgrounds and a separate one for coloring. It's just that these creative types don't want to approach art like a normal person would approach a job.

Did it ever update daily? I only remember it updating weekly.

This is at least a comic. I liked Poppy when it was a comic, but I've got no interest in keeping up with it as a novel with some illustrations.

Mang, I don't think you actually understand how much time and effort goes into making comic pages on the quality level of chapter 3/4's. I hate Zack's current work ethic too but trying to put out a full-color page a day would murder anyone. Manga artists can do it because they do it in black and white and make good enough money to hire assistants, but some guy like Zach? No way in hell.

at least it had enough conviction to make it's main story a light novel instead of using a set of tertiary characters in a non-related story that took months to- why am I still wasting time reading Spinerette

Full color page a day isn't feasible unless literally all you're doing is comics. 8 hours to write, sketch, ink, color, and render is possible but that assumes basically no snags and no revisions and god-tier art stamina.

You're totally right, the people who really churn it out have assistants doing inking/BG/etc.

I think 1 page every 2 days would be realistic if the comic was a full time job. If it's not a full time job 3/week updates is realistic.

>8 hours a day
You wouldn't finish a full color page in only 8 hours its too little time.
Not by yourself at least.
I think the problem is that you're comparing it to a job when in fact it's more akin to an actual project, like a building, ice sculpting, or a movie.
It's not sitting down and churning 8 hours and bam you have a comic.
It's more like you have to give every part its time and sometimes the time it requires its ludicrous but if you rush it it falls apart.
You will find shorcuts here and there, but none will gain you a super boost, know what I mean.

I draw a comic, and although to some extent you're right- you're also overselling things a bit.
Everyone works at different speeds. Some people will be able to do two finished pages in a day, some people will be able to do half a finished page.

Most people that have been drawing comics will be able to do a full color page in a day. This means sketching, inking, and coloring (digitally).

Of course, how hard you can focus really changes things too. 8 hours of productive work is very different than 8 hours of distracted work!

Rather than the people I've noticed it depends more on the comic.
Of course garfield and penny arcade would take a couple of hours to make compared to lets say paranatural or poppy opposum, even thou all of them are full color comics.
But the fact remains that if you want to pull such an ambitious schedule, you're gonna need some help and said help costs a pretty penny.
Hell, Even garf and PA have assistants and interns.

Anyone know what happened to the video linked in this page?

>paranatural.net/comic/chapter-2-page-21

Also depends on the complexity of the page. If it's just some characters talking then fine, yeah. Jeph Jaques can put out a page a day no problem.

Zack's art is more complicated than that. Something like this, a page he noted himself that took a lot out of him and he had to scrap multiple times would take a lot more time to produce than 8 hours I'd imagine.

And while we're at it, IDK about you but when I go into my office I spend probably a 4th of the time fucking about eating lunch, going to the water cooler/bathroom etc. Even people that go into work for 8 hours a day don't produce 8 hours of work a day.