Can Sup Forums red pill me on; The troubles/Irish conflict, in Ireland?

Can Sup Forums red pill me on; The troubles/Irish conflict, in Ireland?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It`s over. The IRA lost funding after Americans stopped giving to to the cause.

>Britain did some pretty heinous shit to the Irish.
>Irish got mad
>fought the British for like 100 years intermittently.
>lost

Watchdogs was a bad game

like hell it was.

why did he kill the asexual?

degenerate

kek

Maggie Thatcher went mental trying to solve the situation in the 80`s.
It ended up in hunger strikes, dirty protest (literally smearing shit on prison walls for a year) and the death of Bobby Sands a sitting member of parliament.

Mo Mowlam was doing a really good job of getting both side to talk together then T Blair (war criminal) wanted all the glory and fucked it all up.

Watch: Some Mothers Son and Cal to get some idea of what it was like.

This
+ they had a habit of actually killing the elite and politicians (and some horses), which forced Government to finally sit down with them and negotiate a settlement

The IRA/Catholics wanted a united Ireland which was never going to happen as the Protestants were more rabidly British than any other Brit.

The peace deal has mostly worked giving the Catholics, who were second class citizens, more control in the annexed North

Or `No Surrender` if you want a bit more of a laugh.

I think its funny how a Japanese person is red-pilling me on this subject and not an Irish user.

Cheers sir

Top kek

just a bunch of angry drunk potato niggers having a centuries old feud.

Mainly because I am English and just living in Japan.

I am also pro a united Ireland. The IRA only targeted buildings involved people on the mainland. They gave me plenty of days off work when I was living in London and the opportunity to shut Euston station every shift because of suspicious lost property!

Seriously I think the people wanting a united Ireland had a better argument than the orange drummer boys.

It's complex desu

Fundamentally, no one can blame the Irish for wishing to have their own soverignty. However, the 'island of Ireland' was partitioned in 1921, which was based upon voting constituencies, hence the creation of Northern Ireland, which encompassed areas which were predominantly protestant/loyal to the British Crown.

The beef from Catholics/Republicans after this happened centred around:

1. being socially disadvantaged/discriminated against eg. employment and job opportunity, and
2. Irish identity and wanting to be part of a united Ireland.

From Wikipedia:

'The conflict began amid a campaign to end discrimination against the Catholic/nationalist minority by the Protestant/unionist government and police force in 1968.[30][31] The campaign was met with violence, eventually leading to the deployment of British troops and subsequent warfare.[32]*

* en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

However, there are many aspects to Irish history which cannot be covered in a brief post such as this, as I have skated over around 1500 years of Irish history leading up to 1921, as well as the period between 1921 and 1968, and I would encourage you to research this further desu

>shoots the canadian

every fucking time

Also you would have to go back to Henry VIII and his arguments with the Pope and the creation of the Church of England.

No it was over after the good Friday agreement was signed.

>lost

debatable. Don't forget at one point you had all of Ireland in the Uk now you just have one province but not even all of that (minus 3 counties).

The main historical grievances from Ireland with Britain are Cromwell, the famine, the black and tans, bloody sunday. William of Orange invading England and Ireland (part funded by a Jew btw). You'd want to know about all of those.

The absolute main one above all is the famine though which was in the C19. That's what really sparked renewed Irish nationalism that led to the easter rising. Once Britain executed the leaders public opinion greatly turned against Britain and then eventually most of the island was independent. The troubles was the conflict in the remaining section under British control (NI). This is much more complicated though due to a big presence of ethnically anglo pro-unionist population due to the Ulster plantations.

He wanted a divorce that the pope wouldn't sanction.

>Japanese person
You mean US military goy or ESL teacher

generational conflict over land, ongoing 900+ years, flares up every 2nd generation or so, currently in inter-generation lull.

regional power england forced immigrants on natives (particularly in north of island) to dispossess, wipe out local culture/civilization and enforce conquest, failed, could only manage subjugation. rebellions off and on eventually resulting in (then) britain getting kicked off 3/4 of the island, their settlers were mostly ethnically cleansed. 1/4 remains under their control via descendants of immigrants. legacy of fealty to britain among elites and shirking among majority population. rebellion is a minority pursuit. british follow the 'but the locals want to be in UK' spin they do elsewhere eg. falklands, gibraltar.

re: 'the troubles', meeja fags, misty eyed politicos, and those who can't face up to the reality of war use the term. war for land and sovereignty, end of.

Similar story to the Soviets in the Ukraine. Man-made genocide of Irish Catholics. Brits exported their food while they staved.

This.

Good post - I think you've covered much of the history I didn't desu

As an aside, I'm in awe of how the Irish maintained their Catholic faith over centuries of foreign rule - much like the Greeks did in hanging onto their Orthodox faith in spite of 400 years of Turkish rule.

Version from someone who is from here,
Irish were openly treated like niggers by protestants so we rebelled, the protestants are British controlled so their army gets involved because the port of Belfast was A huge industrial power at the time, Over the course of the troubles it completely flops over and all the money/time/resources poured in over the war seem very pointless to secure what is essentially a vassal state that has the highest unemployment and benefits needs of all the UK.