Spider-Man crossover event

>Spider-Man crossover event
>Kaine and Ben aren't involved at all.
It's not fair! I want a spider-bros adventure.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/marvel/307-spider-man-defenders-doctor-strange
cbr.com/slott-unwraps-the-twisted-secrets-of-peter-parkers-spider-verse-adventure/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I kind of sad that ben reily isn't a villain anymore.

A jackal with peter powers and memories was pretty interesting. Can they make another evil ben reily?

They don't have to show up for every crossover

Especially one with the premise "Lee Price steals the Mania symbiote and becomes Maniac"

Because it's not Spider-Clone crossover event

>Spider-Man crossover event
>co-written by two of the worst writers in the industry: Dan Slott and Mike Costa
>Entire point of the event is to kill off Mania
>In addition to killing off Mania, its to hype up Lee Price
>Lee Price steals the Mania symbiote and becomes MANIAC, who possess people by puking up symbiote goo on their face

Marvel can just fuck off.

Lee really stole Mania?

Not yet, but that's the entire storyline for Venom Inc (the upcoming event in OP's pic).

Here are the solicits for the issues:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN/VENOM VENOM INC ALPHA #1
VENOM INC. Part 1
(W) Dan Slott, Mike Costa (A/CA) Ryan Stegman
>Peter Parker, Eddie Brock and Flash Thompson have one major thing in common – the Venom symbiote changed all of their lives. The inky black alien life-form is doubling down on our heroes – and they’re not the only ones about to be put through the ringer. VENOM INC. kicks off here and rolls into AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & VENOM as a familiar face rises to new levels of villainy!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #792
VENOM INC. Part 2
(W) Dan Slott (A) Ryan Stegman (CA) Alex Ross
>Spider-Man finds himself between Eddie and a mysterious new figure! And Black Cat and her gang find themselves face-to-face with an amped-up villain named Maniac that might just rip those faces right off.

VENOM #159
VENOM INC. Part 3 (Pic related)
(W) Mike Costa (A/CA) Gerardo Sandoval
>Venom Inc. is weaving its tendrils through New York’s criminal underworld, and Maniac’s got himself a cadre of symbiotically subdued, super-powered lieutenants–and they’re all bearing down on Spider-Man! But Venom is in no shape to provide an assist for his unlikely ally…

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #793
VENOM INC. Part 4 (OP's pic)
(W) Dan Slott (A) Ryan Stegman (CA) Alex Ross
>Spider-Man has been compromised by Maniac and it looks like his only hope… …is Eddie Brock? Peter Parker isn’t going to like that!

Going to be 6 parts long.

Can I get a quick rundown on who Mania is?

Kaine and Ben are garbage characters spawned from a garbage crossover and should be expunged from the record.

How fucking new are you?

>Entire point of the event is to kill off Mania

I am so glad I dropped Marvel. Fuck them.

Been reading comics for a long time but had a few years where I didnt read anything, so I've missed some things

Also, from this podcast: soundcloud.com/marvel/307-spider-man-defenders-doctor-strange

Interviewer: What is Venom Inc.?
>Lowe: For a long time Dan Slott has wanted to do a Venom story in Amazing Spider-Man and he has said that he’s been beaten back from it a few times over the years because something is always happening with Venom or it’s been turned into a book of its own. Since the symbiote has come back to Eddie, the time just seemed right. As we started cooking up the story, it was bigger than just Amazing Spider-Man. So Dan and Costa came into the office and they met for a couple days and talked about what the story could be and we cooked up this insane, insane story. I’m excited for this to come. It kicks off in Venom Inc. 1 and then bounces back between Amazing Spider-Man and Venom then ends in another one-shot comic. The story starts with Mania and things don’t go very well for her. In the very first pages of the story, she gets ambushed by, who we discover to be, Lee Price. He steals the symbiote and becomes Maniac.

Interviewer: What happens to poor Mania?
>Lowe: You’re going to have to read to find out. It leads into an incredible story. You might think “Nick you just told me the story of the whole first issue” Oh no. There’s surprises up our sleeves. In the cover of Amazing Spider-Man 792 there’s a figure that’s all blacked out and not in a way that Venom is all blacked out. Who is that person? I’m not going to tell you.

Interviewer: I love that at the heart of this story is the relationship between Peter Parker and Eddie Brock.
>Lowe: Eddie Brock and Mr. Flash Thompson!

Interviewer: I didn’t know if we could mention him or not because I didn’t know if he was the guy you were being all mysterious about.
>Lowe: Nope, Flash is in it.

Do you remember when someone cloned the Venom Symbiote and it made She-Venom?
And then Venom absorbed the clone?

Well Venom Flash Thompson made a deal with Mephisto during the Circle of Four event, he got a Hellmark which kinda signaled him as a Duke of Hell to other demons. It made him a target to those interested in moving up in the hierarchy of Hell.

The Venom symbiote didn't like having the mark on them. And when Flash tried to protect one of his students from a supervillain, he covered her in additional mass from his symbiote, but the Venom symbiote took the opportunity to move the Hellmark onto the clone and expunge it from itself entirely, creating the new Mania Symbiote

Interviewer: So Flash is in the story, let’s cut to that then. We’ll get back to Peter and Eddie in a second. We haven’t seen Flash in a little while. He’s been kind of off the radar. We saw in Venom 150 what happened to him to take him off the table but where do we pick up with Flash? What’s been going on with him?
>Lowe: Well he lost the Venom symbiote. It got taken from him. It got shot off of him by some rouge FBI agents and so he has been looking for it ever since but also since he’s back from being in space for a long time he’s been reconnecting with Andi down in Philadelphia and he’s been reconnecting with his world up in New York. Now we haven’t seen much of that yet, we’re going to see it coming up in Amazing Spider-Man 789, Flash shows up, and you’ll see him in Spectacular Spider-Man 5, he’s in that, popping up here and there. But he doesn’t feel whole. If you know something about Flash Thompson, even when he was a bully, he wanted to be a hero so bad. He wanted to be Spider-Man, he LOVED Spider-Man and he got to be that hero when he was Venom. He got to be a space knight. It was dark at first and there were some troubles at first but he became a hero and that was everything he had wanted but now it’s gone. It was robbed from him and so he is trying to figure out what his role in life is and he’s also searching for his friend Venom, the symbiote. So that’s where his story picks up and where that story goes, I’m not going to tell you. It’s amazing.

Interviewer: I look forward to finding out. I love Flash Thompson, he’s one of my favorite characters. He’s great. I loved him as Venom and can’t wait to see what you guys have planned for him next. So Peter and Eddie. Never the best of friends.
>Lowe: Oil and water. Pepsi and Coke. Hatfield’s and McCoy’s.

So the heart of the story has to be the relationship between Peter and Eddie right?
>Lowe: Well it’s one of those fun things that Spider-Man and Peter Parker are always the nice guy but one of the only people he’s not nice to, is Eddie. He HATES Eddie because Eddie did horrible things to him and the people he loved. The Venom symbiote as well, he hates the Venom symbiote. That’s one of the core things about Peter and Spider-Man and Venom Inc. puts them in the same room more than once and it is not pretty. Eddie, on the other hand, he is an interesting guy. He is not a white knight he is, at best, a begrudging hero or a hero with a heart of coal. Neither of them are pleased to see the other and one of the things I love most about this story is that, once it gets going, there are some very understandable goals that people have but they are not the same goals. Peter and Flash in issue one have very different goals. Flash wants to find the Venom symbiote and save it from whoever’s got it. Peter wants to find the Venom symbiote and get rid of it. Eddie and the symbiote are in one of the most interesting relationships in comics. Its love is twisted and odd. You can’t really compare it to anything. It’s not like having a brother, it’s not like having a girlfriend or a boyfriend. He has an alien symbiote that is linked to him and they share thoughts and a brain. It’s so weird. Eddie wants to keep it safe as well. So Eddie and Flash honestly have more in common than Peter and Flash. Then you look at Maniac, Lee Price who has a very different agenda from all of them. It’s pretty scary. I will tell you what makes him different, because we didn’t want him to just be another Venom. What we came up with Dan and Mike is that Lee just doesn’t wear the symbiote, he weaponizes it. He’ll spit a bit of it onto someone and then they get this black Venom face and Lee can control their minds.

>Lowe: So we show the cover of Amazing Spider-Man 783 which is part 4 of the story and it shows that Spider-Man has that on his face. It is not pretty. We go to some pretty crazy places with that. I am so excited for people to finally know about this.

>Do you remember when someone cloned the Venom Symbiote and it made She-Venom?

A second She-Venom.

The original She-Venom was Ann Weying.

>I kind of sad that ben reily isn't a villain anymore.

I get the feeling you're in the minority.

>A jackal with peter powers and memories was pretty interesting. Can they make another evil ben reily?

I suppose they could always introduce another evil clone if they wanted to, but as bad as Marvel are these days, I don't think they'll retreat the Clone Saga quite that much.

>I kind of sad that ben reily isn't a villain anymore.
KIll yourself, philistine.

>Peter wants to find the Venom symbiote and get rid of it.
Being the symbiote is suffering.

>someone actually remembered that symbiotes like chocolate

This made my day. Thanks.

But we get Flash Thompson tho

And we also get Lee Price fucking everyone else up (and killing Mania).

We need more of this depiction of the symbiote. It's too cute, and makes too much sense.

Nick Lowe is such an awful editor. Remember his attempts at pushing Pixie on everyone when he was editing the X-Men and her disappearing once he left?

I liked Pixie

I feel you user.

>Nick Lowe is such an awful editor.

You can say that again.

Its painfully obvious he just gets bullied into whatever writers tell him they are doing. Just look at the shit Slott has been doing.

Slott went on record during an interview saying that when he was being edited by Brevoort, he pitched Clone Conspiracy six separate times and Brevoort denied him every time, saying that it was a bad idea.

When Brevoort steps down and Nick Lowe moves up.... magically Clone Conspiracy gets pushed through.

>(and killing Mania)

After raping her.

What? Is every spider-man needs to be good? I think the only bad spider-man was Doc ock or that forgotten fourth peter parker clone.

Oh yeah, Spidercid, he would be the perfect jackal. I can't believe they didn't used him.

There's no way Mania dies. Sup Forums also kept saying how she was gonna die in Venomverse (despite her creator writing it), and Sup Forums is just paranoid because modern marvel is shit these days.

I don't think Slott wants to piss off someone who currently works at Marvel like Cullen Bunn.

You just reminded me of the part in Yost's Scarlet Spider where Jackal talked about making Spidercide 2.0 with Kaine's DNA.

>Sup Forums also kept saying how she was gonna die in Venomverse

Did they? That would be surprising since, like you said, the writer created her and has been pitching ideas with her to Marvel for years.

>Did they? That would be surprising since, like you said, the writer created her and has been pitching ideas with her to Marvel for years.
Yeah, it was really dumb. I saw people saying Bunn was gonna kill her off because Marvel was never gonna give her anything, and he was gonna get rid of her on his terms.

>Is every spider-man needs to be good?
How about we don't completely fuck one character by assassinating their entire characterization purely to turn them into a villain?

Why not... wait for it.... just create an entirely new Spider-Person who is evil? I know, a shocking and groundbreaking idea.

This is a Dan Slott written book, user. Slott fucking LOVES to kill characters. Spider-Verse was literally a story about murdering Peter Parker universe-by-universe, for example.

Costa has no allegiance to Mania. Hell, he doesn't even have any allegiance to Eddie Brock. Its clear he hasn't actually read anything with the character in it.

The entire point of this story is so Costa can shill his edglord OC. That's literally it.

Cullen Bunn (Mania's creator and the guy writing Venomverse) has literally nothing to do with Venom Inc. So he can't even save her.

>and has been pitching ideas with her to Marvel for years.
This is likely exactly why Venom Inc is happening the way it is. Writers are probably sick of Bunn pitching Mania stories, so they think "Can't pitch a Mania story if Mania is dead!"

That and Costa needs to shill his shitty Gary Stu OC.

Sasuske is my favorite Spider-Man character.

Dan Slott admitted to not wanting to kill off Kaine in Spider-verse because he didn't want to piss off Yost.

Source?

Is that fucking Sasuke again?

God dammit.

>“Spider-Verse” is over, but there’s still the inevitable fallout to deal with. The end of “Amazing Spider-Man” #15 suggests that you’re sending Peter and several other characters on their way to new destinies, including the Scarlet Spider, who appears to not be dead.

>Oh my God! There have been so many arguments about Kaine! People think I’m so bloodthirsty. They think I live to kill characters. I was the guy though who was going, “We’ve got to have him break out of that spider! We have to do that and we have to show it!” Nick was like, “No, no. Let’s leave him dead for a while.” He was very much on the side of, “We’ll show him bursting out of the spider later — in flashback. Let’s take him off the canvas for a while.”

>I was like, “We have to show it now! Or people will come to my door with pitchforks and torches!” [Laughs] I’m not going to be the guy who killed Kaine after the stunning work that Chris Yost did on the “Scarlet Spider” book. I’m not going to be that guy. Then, when “Scarlet Spider” was over, Chris lovingly life-rafted him over to “New Warriors.” After all of that love, I wasn’t going to be the guy who killed Kaine!

>I want to be able to sit down to a meal with Chris Yost and not have him glare at me. [Laughs] I also didn’t want to do that to all the Kaine fans; the people who read all the issues of “Scarlet Spider” and followed him onto “New Warriors.” This is a character who’s gone through so much growth.

>So that was a fight that we had. And Nick was really nice to let me win that one.

>cbr.com/slott-unwraps-the-twisted-secrets-of-peter-parkers-spider-verse-adventure/

>Is that fucking Sasuke again?
Yup, Lee Price already raped the Venom symbiote with his magic Ranger powers. He's back for more. This time he's going to rape Venom's clone, Mania.

Oh god this is going to be a fucking disaster

>Killing off Mania to shill for Costa's speshul snowflake, pretty much a huge fuck you to Flash.
>Flash and Eddie will meet up and for some god forsaken reason the Venom symbiote will choose to stay with Eddie despite Flash being literally the best thing to ever happen to it.
>Slott will take another shot at fucking Black Cat's rotten carcass.

JUST

>There will never be a story in which Spider-Man takes back the Venom symbiote after Flash dies heroically to ensure it is only ever a hero from now on
Life is suffering