AVENGERS NO SURRENDER

>Marvel has confirmed the details of its impending "Avengers: No Surrender" weekly story that launches in January 2018's Avengers #675, and runs for 16 issues, through April 2018's Avengers #690. The series will be written jointly by Avengers scribe Mark Waid, U.S.Avengers writer Al Ewing, and Uncanny Avengers writer Jim Zub, and will feature the line-ups of all three teams coming together under the banner of the core Avengers title.

>“The Earth has been stolen! That’s the kickoff to the wildest Avengers epic ever put to paper, a widescreen adventure with a massive cast and an unlimited budget,” said Marvel SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort in a statement. “Avengers past and present will be called upon to cope with a threat spanning out of the pages of Marvel Legacy #1. And like that oversized special, there’s a huge character return or two along the way that fans have been asking for—and one that they didn’t even know they wanted!”

>Artist Pepe Larazz will draw the first month of "No Surrender," followed by Kim Jacinto on month two, and Paco Diaz on month three. The artists for the April 2018 issues was not named in Marvel's announcement.

>The story will also feature the mysterious character Voyager, who was seen alongside the Avengers founders in Marvel Legacy #1, and in promo-art for "No Surrender" released with Marvel's FOOM #1 magazine.

>Marvel's statement called "No Surrender" the "end of an era" for Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and "the team's final days."

AVENGERS #675
Written by MARK WAID, AL EWING & JIM ZUB
Art by PEPE LARRAZ
Wraparound Lenticular Cover by MARK BROOKS

newsarama.com/36643-avengers-no-surrender.html

Hmmm, I know it's going to be awful but if Pepe Larraz is drawing Rogue again...

ooh, they should not give Jane red eyes on her helmet. Makes her look rabid

>And like that oversized special, there’s a huge character return or two along the way that fans have been asking for—and one that they didn’t even know they wanted!”

Who will it be?

>"Avengers: No Surrender" co-writer Mark Waid described the series as "half celebration, half wake" for the Avengers, while Jim Zub said the story will be the "final hurrah" of the current era of the team.

>As for what's troubling the team, the individual members are experiencing their own issues that they'll deal with throughout the series. For Beast, this means trying to reconnect with his past - specifically his time on the Avengers and his friendship with Wonder Man - and focusing on his scientific prowess rather than his beastly strength. He'll work with Wasp to discover some new ideas that, in Waid's words, will be "essential to the team's survival."

>For Beast's fellow X-Man-turned-Avenger Rogue, "No Surrender" is about overcoming new challenges - including one that will, according to Zub, "take something special from her."

>Then there's Quicksilver, who Zub said is "in a dark place" in the story, as well as Vision, whose actions as the team's communications hub may draw unsavory attention from "dark forces," according to the series' third co-writer, Al Ewing.

>Finally - and perhaps most surprisingly - there's Living Lightning (now just going by 'Lightning'), who will enter the story with a new supporting cast of his own. "He hasn't been just sitting in a green room waiting to get a call all this time," explained Ewing. "He's been off having exciting adventures."

>The full line-up of the "No Surrender" Avengers has not yet been revealed, but it will also include at least two more founding Avengers, as well as several new characters, and some unnamed characters Ewing described as "cinematic favorites."

>Additionally, Jarvis, the longtime butler of the Avengers, will play a key role in the story, as will Voyager, a new character.

Can't believe some retards here actually thought it would be Mosaic joining instead of Living Lighting

Well, then one we "didn't even know we wanted" is probably Living Lightning since we already know he's coming back in the book and fucking nobody was asking for his return. As for the ones fans have been asking for... Bruce Banner is probably one of them. Tony will be coming back in Bendis' Iron Man. While everyone wants Cyclops back, that's more likely to happen in an X-men book than Avengers.

Who else is there? Sentry? War Machine? Rich Rider is already back, as is Wolverine, so it's not them. Not really many other dead Avengers that people would want back. Oh, Black Widow I guess.

They were really trying to push Mosaic for a while
He had a role in IVX and for some reason Secret Empire

No one's thought about Living Lightning in years

Because of course Ewing would be the one that wanted Living Lightning back. He probably looked at the roster and complained that there were enough D-listers on it.

Hank Pym and Sentry

>cinematic favorites
Clearly Carol and Black Panther considering their on the damn cover and Ewing probably wants to keep writing them now that Ultimates is gone. I imagine America will get added for the same reason.

Pym never left though. He's up in Alaska having a pity party.

I'd actually really like to see what he could do with Silverclaw or Triathlon/3D-Man

Living Lightning doesn't interest me as much

so is cap a good guy again? no more hail hydra for him?

But Black Panther isn't on the Earth anymore

Yeah, but it was a man made of lightning in an Avengers book. Didn't look like Mosaic at all. It was pretty clearly either Living Lightning or a new character, and considering Living Lightning is a gay latino, it's frankly pretty surprising that Marvel hadn't tried bringing him back for the sake of SJW pandering yet.

There's two Steve Rogers now

The regular one and the Hydra one.

You mean Saving The Avengers

Also who is living lightning exactly?

Maybe Alex Ross just didn't bother looking up how Mosaic was supposed to look?

I have a soft-spot for Triathalon but Silverclaw's only appeal is foot fetishism and at that point, I'd rather just have Mantis. Although now that I think about it, Silverclaw is the kind of character that Ewing would probably love to work with. Lot of symbolism and room for unnecessary power boosts you could work in with her powerset.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

And sentry is alive too, but right now they're both evil and gay

Kobik created a new Steve Rogers out of the memories of the original. Captain Hydra is still alive, but he's in a maximum security prison. The one running around is basically an "idealized" Captain America. He has all his memories up until Captain Hydra took over his body, but it's technically a new body created by Kobik rather than his original, which Captain Hydra is still in the driver's seat of.

>cinematic favorites

So leeching off the MCU movies like always, oh Marvel you never change.

weird, but thats why i love comics

West Coast Avengers villain turned member. Fell into limbo after WCA ended barring a handful of cameos.

So, what's the pricing? They can't seriously expect a $3.99 weekly would sell these days

Is Phylla-vell back yet? Cause she was teased to come back. Could be here. Bring Moon dragon too, in dragon form

>bouncing off of the Thor statue's hammer and
Mosaic's powers have nothing to do with lightning. If he was trying to draw him without ever having looked at a picture of him (which Ross wouldn't do) then he'd be doing it based off of a description given to him, and no one would tell him "draw him like a lightning bolt" when that's not his powers nor his look.

The only people who thought it was Mosaic were people who didn't know who Living Lightning was. Everyone else correctly guessed that it was him, with the exception of the handful of people that saw him bouncing off of Mjolnir and thought that maybe it was some human-form for the Godstorm from Aaron's Thor.

>maybe it was some human-form for the Godstorm from Aaron's Thor.
That's what i think it is. Aaron is writing this and it's obvious that it's a Thor heavy event

Pym.

Don't forget using metaphors and stories to shape and empower gods

I mean, from the sounds of it, this is basically just Avengers -> Uncanny Avengers -> USAvengers -> Avengers. So it's not really any different than if there was a crossover event running through those 3 books with Avengers double-shipping.

Of course if you weren't already following all three books but were following one of them (like, say, USAvengers as was the case for me), then this is basically just a way to force you to get the others by consolidating them together.

They've already confirmed it was Living Lightning

It's already been confirmed as Living Lightning, and Aaron isn't writing this.

user, you seem to be misunderstanding. This isn't a case of Marvel playing coy. They've CONFIRMED that that's Living Lightning on the cover. There is no mystery here. The character that looks like Living Lightning is, in fact, Living Lightning. Not some new character or some completely unrelated character that's been drawn off-model.

If the intent of this announcement was to make me hype, it only managed to achieve the exact opposite effect.

>it's obvious that it's a Thor heavy event
How? The cover for the first issue has Jane being the only one who isn't even totally on the page. In both covers shown, Rogue is shown more prominently than any other character and in the interviews, the characters they spent the most time talking about were Scarlet Witch, Beast, Quicksilver, Rogue, Vision and Living Lightning.

The logo reminds me a bit of the logos of "The Crossing" era.

So does the idea of the characters' memories being altered so a new character was there all along, and the "end of an era" feel.

Crossing nostalgia. Truly anything is possible in comics.

How can Carol be a cinematic favorite when she hasn't even appeared in the movies

I don't think it's a good idea. For every person that will pick up an extra avengers book you will have one drop the one they are reading cause they can't just read the team they want to.

Oh. Is this not part of Aaron's Legacy/cavengers event?

I guess that's the lineup.

>one that they didn’t even know they wanted!
Jack of Hearts

I think US Avengers and Uncanny Avengers are ending into this, and then we'll get new Avengers titles after this maybe? Possibly a New Avengers Legacy series

Pretty sure "Cinematic Favorite" just means "MCU."

Looks more like the logo from Avengers: Celestial Quest to me.

>I think US Avengers and Uncanny Avengers are ending into this
They pretty much confirm that in the interview. USAvengers and Uncanny Avengers are being folded into Avengers and it's just becoming a weekly series starring all three teams and co-written by all three writers.

YES
E
S

Hoping Ewing (or Zub for taking her out of AIMvengers) put Songbird back into the team since she is not doing anything else.

>to cope with a threat spanning out of the pages of Marvel Legacy #1
The Final Host of the Celestials?

THIS LOOKS LIKE AN EVENT THAT WILL SHATTER EVERYTHING WE KNOW

I BET THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AFTER IT

I WILL ADD IT TO MY BUYING LIST IMMEDIATELY.

Yum

It'd be absurd for Songbird not to be in the book considering Ewing wanted to keep writing her but Zub took her from him for his Thunderbolts because he really wanted to write her, too. If there's a book being co-written by both of them and neither of them wanted to stop writing Songbird, then it stands to reason that she'd get added in.

She's been teased to come back in Duggan's Guardians, not Avengers. Because Duggan seems to be the only creator who cares about her.

That or kang.

Kang wasn't in Marvel Legacy though.

The plot synopsis sounds a lot like Avengers Forever, too. Although I don't want Zub anywhere near her again considering that his shit run killed the Bolts as a franchise.

>Kang
PLS NO. I love Kang, but he wears out his welcome very quickly. The first arc of Waid's Avengers is all the Kang I want for another year or two.

The stranger used to steal worlds

>buying sjw marvel
no thanks. not until all the new sjw character are dead and we get an apology

Yeah, probably. They were really the only threat in Marvel Legacy.

He created voyager

I doubt it was so much that Zub REALLY wanted to write her, so much as the book needed a reunion of all of the original Thunderbolts members

Nostalgic hype and editorial pressure to push a book that's leading into an event (Secret Empire) always wins against good storytelling when it comes to who can use which character

Plus quicksilver and living lighting and more.

So is Hawkeye an Avenger again? Has everyone gotten over the whole "killed Banner" thing?

He was leading the resistance during Secret Empire so I guess they have

It would be fun to see the awkward reunion between Wanda and Jack of Hearts.

Too bad you bigot.

Agreed. Larraz is easily Marvel's best artist at the moment. That's quite the selling point.

you act as if this word even means anything

It does . Now kys Nazi.

Do they have Ross hostage or something?

>"He hasn't been just sitting in a green room waiting to get a call all this time," explained Ewing. "He's been off having exciting adventures."
I like this. Far too often, if a character hasn't been seen in years, writers will treat it like the character hasn't been doing anything that entire time and was just sitting around being a loser. Like Bendis with Spider-Woman.

I mean, that's what everyone is fucking begging for. They want the movie characters as they are in the movies, not the legacies or D-listers.

Mettle?

What are you talking about? There was an entire page of Kangz, Sup Forums threw a tantrum.

that word means even less nowadays.
you are literally just the 50s version of an american white dude that called everybody a communist. your time is soon gonna be up and history won´t be kind to you

Cap's a fucking Tulpa now

Just direct me towards the modern Cavengers book, and please let it have a good writer

www.thecomicsbolt.com/avengers-disassemble-in-avengers-no-surrender/

Lethal legion and the black order are the villians.

>>Marvel's statement called "No Surrender" the "end of an era" for Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and "the team's final days."
Wow, I've never heard that one before. I'm sure that Marvel will cancel their flagship title the same year an Avengers movie comes out and right before they hit the 700 landmark.

>Waid
>Whor
>nu-Wasp
>Carl Manvers
>lesbian2034 from US Avengers

Couldn't care less.

You sound retarded. Marvel always been for the leftists.

>the black order
Literally all of them are dead. Well, Ebony Maw is only technically dead, since he's always been a spooky ghost, but everyone else is dead for real.

Final? We still didn't reach the all new, all different host of the Celestials! Of course, wiping out all the old celestials and than bringing them back as new celestials in the Ultimates is obviously not related and of no significance for the marvel universe, as usual, nothing is.

Coming back. Literally is the gayest overused word.

That's a nice cover. I wonder who thought of it?

OH FUCKING WAIT!

Isn't Corvus Glaive's whole shtick that when he dies the weapon brings him back?

>the wildest Avengers epic ever put to paper
FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOFF.

>Lethal legion
10 bucks says the Grim Reaper comes back yet again to haunt Wonder Man and Vision.

The weapon was destroyed.

>the black order are the villains ina big Avengers team-up event
Should've just called it Infinity War

Thanos broke his weapon and forced him to kill himself.

>Look at the cover.
>$4.99
>Weekly
LMAO Fuck off, Marvel.

Isn't Proxima still alive?

She was in Unworthy Thor alongside Black Swan right?

That first issue is oversized, so I don't think they'll be keeping that price.

>Lethal legion
I hope it's a good line up.