youtube.com/watch?v=pQFIR9Crtk0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0rnAkekOs
youtube.com/watch?v=tHL400KFOZA
youtube.com/watch?v=6RkzjpmKWjg
youtube.com/watch?v=yDsTMeYF73g
youtube.com/watch?v=sjTIpSu7npE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GIVE ME YOUR FACE

If Transformers thread lives long enough it inevitably succumbs to lewdposting and/or waveposting, do you actually expect anons discuss the movie, not the fuckable robutts?

Not gonna lie, I'm cautiously optimistic for that Bumblebee movie next year. Mostly because it's a much smaller movie and Travis Knight is directing it.

I wanna fuck Acree!

The Autobot arrival is unironically a fantastic scene.

I'm still at a loss as to how Transformers of all things managed to attract the gayest fanbase in all of modern Sup Forums.

Michael Bay is unironically our guy.

because robots attract autists and furries are autists and gay

I really hope he directs FLASHPOINT.

Michael Bay is one of the best directors today in terms of knowledge in the technical aspects of filmmaking. The first Transformers still holds up better than most blockbusters being released today. He just really needs good writers.

youtu.be/xRZP9naRf_4

I always liked the Transformers films. Michael Bay gets a bad rep.

1 = 3 > 2 > 4 = 5

1 >= 3 > 5 > power gap > 4

forest scene is unironic kino

>1>3>4=5
FTFY

I agree. 4 was by far the worst. Last Knight wasn't terrible.

The arrival scene and forest battle ARE legit kino.

Both are fucking fantastic scenes that are way beyond the rest of the movies they are in. I honestly am curious if they are the parts Spielberg oversaw during his early involvement.

Wow, really? Is it really that hard to believe that Michael Bay is capable of producing good scenes?

considering 4 exists yes, it is

Michael Bay has made good movies you know. He doesn't just make Transformers films

Man, the decepticons really need more personality again. They were so fun in the first movie because each one felt like a character. Even their transformations felt like they reflected their personalities. Seeing the autobots freak out a bit at Starscream's arrival was fucking cool.

well they sort of started giving them some sort of development in 5 even if it's Mario-tier writing

>Forest scene
>Optimus fighting overwhelming odds
>Bloody, beaten but refuses to give up
>Heroic music swells and Optimus actually manages to hold his own and even almost take out all the Decepticons.

IMO legit best moment from all 5 movies. They blew it WAY to early by using it in the second movie.

Last Knight has a near god-tier soundtrack. Jablonsky does not get the recognition he deserves for scoring these movies
youtube.com/watch?v=4df74U4vaOI

Nitro Zeus is GOAT.

>Not including Blackout's entrance
There is literally no other heavy-lift helicopter as badass as an MH53 Pave Low. If they used any other helicopter (save for a super stallion), Blackout wouldn't have looked as cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=pQFIR9Crtk0

"Age of Extinction" is objectively a well-directed movie. The final fight is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0rnAkekOs

Yeah, I agree. I like how intimidating and sinister the blades sound while in the air, it really adds to the scene.

>this

jetfire and optimus "fusion"
youtube.com/watch?v=tHL400KFOZA

>I STAND
>YOU FALL

prime of murder

>almost
Let's not get carried away. He killed one, the one no one would care about.

Grindor was /ourguy/.

Cade > Sam

That miltiary guy whom name I forget>Cade>Megan fox>The chick from the third movie>Sam

Lennox was kind of a bitch in "The Last Knight". He lost a lot of cool guy points.

> Excuse me are you the tooth fairy

To this day, I cannot fucking believe they left that in

prime with a sword is badass but I dont really think he should have to have help from marky mark and his daughter to win a fight

Fuuuck that's cool

>each movie only had one or two decent scenes

they're still pretty bad.

It's the theme of the movie, man.

Why the fuck was starscream laying eggs in the movies

What?

Megatron's gotta get heirs somehow, and it just so happened that dorito scream could carry the most eggs so he stuck his dick in that ugly fat fucker.

Starscream has a shit ton of egg babies in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=6RkzjpmKWjg

You know he didn't actually lay those.

He totally did tho

Still need to watch 4 and 5, but I agree on the order for the first three movies.

The "What Could Have Been" of the franchise.

Transformers (2007)

>Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was originally developing a "G.I. Joe" movie, which was scrapped after the American invasion on Iraq. Hasbro then recommended "Transformers" instead.

>Michael Bay initially declined to direct the movie, but was ultimately persuaded by producer Steven Spielberg.

>Early drafts featured only Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes. Bay added Captain William Lennox and his team to broaden the movie's audience and secure funding from the U.S. military.

>Early drafts featured Autobots Hot Rod, Wheeljack and Prowl. Bay liked the concept of a Decepticon police cruiser so much that he made Prowl into Barricade.

>Early drafts featured Decepticons Shockwave, Laserbeak, Skywarp, Blitzwing, Onslaught, Octane and Rumble.

>Later drafts featured Autobot Arcee, who was scrapped due to her diminutive size.

>Later drafts featured Decepticon Soundwave, who would transform into a helicopter, and his minion Ravage. Hasbro demanded that Soundwave's alt-form be music-related, so the helicopter became Blackout and Ravage was replaced by Scorponok. A boombox Decepticon was included, but deemed inappropriate for Soundwave and reworked into Frenzy, while Soundwave was scrapped.

>In early drafts, the Transformers didn't speak per studio demands, but writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman persuaded them otherwise.

>Early drafts featured the Matrix of Leadership, but producers felt that'd confuse audiences due to the MATRIX series and the Allspark was used instead.

>Optimus would originally kill Megatron by punching the Allspark through his chest, but Spielberg felt that Sam needed to be the one to deliver the killing blow to complete his character arc.

>Megatron was originally a "Spark Cannibal", who rips out other Transformers's Sparks and consumes them to gain their strength, and that's how Jazz was meant to die, but the idea was eventually scrapped.

>Liam Neeson was approached to voice Optimus Prime before the studio decided to bring back the character's original voice actor, Peter Cullen.

>Ewan McGregor was approached to voice Bumblebee before Mark Ryan was cast.

>Amanda Seyfried and Emma Stone auditioned for Mikaela before Megan Fox was cast.

>Michael Clarke Duncan was originally cast as Simmons' partner, Agent Stone, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. He was replaced by Brian Stepanek, whereupon the character's role was severely reduced.

>John Turturro claims to have modeled agent Seymour Simmons' mannerisms on Bay. Bay disputes that, others do not.

>Barricade was supposed to get killed by Optimus right after Bonecrusher, but Bay liked him so much that he cut the scene so that Barricade could come back in the sequel.

>Lennox's buddy Jorge Fig, played by Amaury Nolasco, was supposed to die from his injuries during the battle with Scorponok, but test-audiences liked him so much that Bay cut the scene so he could be back in the sequel, yet he never did.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

>The movie was rushed into production due to the writers' strike despite having no script, resulting in a disjointed movie which Bay has openly renounced.

>During pre-production, Lee Tamahori volunteered to direct the movie at a lower price than Bay and aggressively lobbied for the job, even leaking his pitch on the internet to generate positive buzz for himself. It didn't.

>Bay attempted to create an elaborate misinformation campaign to prevent spoiler leaks, which failed and actually led to more leaks.

>Due to the troubled production, numerous characters and storylines were scrapped, including Autobot Springer, who transforms into a helicopter; Decepticon Tidal Wave, who transforms into an aircraft carrier; elderly Decepticon Ransack, who transforms into a WWI-era biplane; Massive Dynamics, a robotics corporation created by government to cover up the Transformers' existence; and the Fallen being trapped in a parallel dimension and only escaping in the third act.

>A longer scene featuring Devastator which was scrapped due to the complexity of Devastator's CGI rendering process, which even caused one of ILM's computers to melt down.

>Autobot Jolt was a last-minute addition to showcase the Chevrolet Volt, to the point where he is unexplainably absent for long stretches of the movie. Anthony Anderson was approached to voice him, but there was no time to even animate him speaking.

>Barricade would originally return as an Audi, but the brand refused to be associated to one of the villains. They ultimately reconsidered, and the Audi R8 was reinserted into the movie as minor villain Sideways.

>John Turturro would originally voice Jetfire, but was replaced by Mark Ryan.

>Leonard Nimoy was approached to voice the Fallen before Tony Todd was cast.

>Jonah Hill was approached for Leo Spitz before Ramon Rodriguez was cast.

>Teresa Palmer auditioned for Decepticon Alice before Isabel Lucas was cast.

Better hid your wife.

>In early drafts, after the Dynasty of the Primes sacrifices themselves to hide the Matrix of Leadership, the Fallen returns to Cybertron and slaughters their descendants, with Optimus Prime as the sole survivor. He grows up without knowing that he's a Prime and becomes brothers-in-arms with Megatron. When Optimus learns the truth, Megatron resents him and is seduced by the Fallen, weakened after centuries without Energon, into forming the Decepticons to steal the Allspark, and the war begins.

>In early drafts, Megatron only served the Fallen because the Fallen had promised to make him a Prime. In the final battle, when Optimus reveals that it's impossible, Megatron would betray the Fallen and leave him to die.

>In early drafts, Arcee would be a single consciousness divided in three bodies that could combine, and would join Sam and Bumblebee on their quest, but the idea was eventually scrapped in favor of three separated female Autobot motorcycles: Arcee, Chromia and Flareup.

>In early drafts, the Twins were Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Further rewrites added the child-friendly Skids and Mudflap, removed Sunstreaker and made Sideswipe into the Autobots' cocky hothead, a role previously slated for Hot Rod.

>In early drafts, Soundwave was meant to join the battle in Egypt, adopting the form of a military communications truck, but they couldn't fit him into the narrative.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

>Michael Bay intended to leave the franchise after the third movie.

>Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman pitched the concept of Autobots and Decepticons joining forces to fight Unicron, which was rejected by the studio. They departed from the project shortly afterwards and were replaced by Ehren Kruger.

>Shockwave was announced as the main villain to cover up Sentinel Prime's alliance with the Decepticons. An elaborate backstory was even created, establishing Shockwave as Decepticon scientist who arrived on Earth long before the others and was responsible for the Tunguska incident in Russia.

>In early drafts, Optimus Prime would accept Megatron's truce and the Decepticons would return to Cybertron, but this was changed as Bay didn't want to leave loose ends.

>In early drafts, Sentinel Prime would kill the Twins alongside Ironhide, but Bay disliked the characters so much he preferred to ignore them altogether.

>In early drafts, Dino and Que were Mirage and Wheeljack.

>In early drafts, Dino would be executed by Soundwave, while Que would be killed by Protoforms during the final battle. This was changed after Ferrari objected to "their" character being killed onscreen. Ferrari also objected to Dino using weapons or killing Decepticons on screen, so the character was instead given arm blades (which he actually never used on screen).

>Ramon Rodriguez was approached to return as Leo Spitz, but the character was removed in further rewrites.

>Megan Fox was slated to return as Mikaela Banes, but was fired due to disagreements with Bay, leading to the character being scrapped and replaced by Carly Spencer.

>Blake Lively, Anna Kendrick, Gemma Arterton, Amber Heard, Ashley Greene, Brooklyn Decker, Miranda Kerr, Bar Refaeli, Heidi Montag, Camilla Belle, Katie Cassidy, Lucy Hale and Julianne Hogue auditioned for Carly before Rosie Huntington-Whitley was cast.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014).

>Michael Bay initially declined to return. Stephen Sommers, Roland Emmerich, Jon Turteltaub, Louis Leterrier, David Yates and Joe Johnston were approached to replace him before Bonaventura convinced Bay to return.

>Bonaventura merged two separate pitches, one centered on Galvatron leading an uprising of man-made Transformers and one centered on Lockdown hunting down Optimus Prime on behalf of the Creators, to produce the final script.

>In early drafts, Lockdown was assisted by "Widowmaker", a psychotic female Cybertronian bounty hunter, but the character was scrapped in further revisions.

>In early drafts, archaeologist Darcy Tyrell had a larger role, including a romantic subplot with Cade Yeager, which was scrapped in further revisions.

>Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson was approached for Cade Yeager before Mark Wahlberg was cast. The character would originally only be featured in one movie and sacrifice himself in the end, but further rewrites expanded his role and changed his fate.

>Margaret Qualley, Gabriella Wilde and Isabelle Cornish auditioned for Tessa Yeager before Nicola Peltz was cast. The character would originally be the franchise's new co-lead, but further rewrites reduced her role.

>Brenton Thwaites, Hunter Parrish, Landon Liboiron and Luke Grimes auditioned for Shane Dyson before Jack Reynor was cast. The character would originally be the franchise's new co-lead, but further rewrites reduced his role.

>During filming in Hong Kong, Bay was approached by local crooks who demanded protection money from the production. When he refused, one of them threw an air-conditioner at him, which he dodged, inspiring the scene where Cade throws an air-conditioner at Titus Welliver's James Savoy.

>Peter Cullen voiced his disagreement with Optimus' portrayal in the movie, particularly him killing a human, so the character was "softened" in the sequels once again.

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

>Michael Bay initially declined to return, but was ultimately persuaded to return for one last time. He'll remain attached to the franchise as a producer from then on.

>Mark Wahlberg is also leaving the franchise after this movie, with Josh Duhamel's Lennox expected to take over as the lead characters.

>A Writer's Room overseen by Bay and the producers was created to develop an elaborate "Transformers" cinematic universe and map out future sequels and spin-offs of the franchise, which appears to have been disbanded following the movie's underperformance at the box office.

>Prior to the creation of the Writer's Room, a crossover with the "G.I. Joe" franchise headlined by Dwayne Johnson was in development. "G.I Joe" is now slated for a reboot that'll integrate it to Paramount's prospective Hasbro Cinematic Universe, which also encompasses such properties as "Micronauts" and "M.A.S.K.".

>Bonaventura once again merged two separate pitches, one about a corrupted Optimus Prime returning to Earth amistd all-out war between humans and Transformers, and one about the secret connection between the Transformers and Arthurian lore, to produce the final script. Bonaventura has since existed the series.

>Early drafts featured Optimus Primal and the Maximals.

>Jean Dujardin was approached to voice Hot Rod before Omar Sy was cast.

>Stephen Merchant was approached to voice Cogman before Jim Carter was cast.

>Stanley Tucci was approached to return as Joshua Joyce, but the character was removed in further rewrites. Bay then offered him the role of Merlin.

>Tyrese Gibson was approached to return as Epps, but was forced to decline due to scheduling conflicts. He's already in talks for TRANSFORMERS 6.

>Also in development are Travis Knight's BUMBLEBEE spin-off set in 1983 and starring Hailee Steinfelf; and TRANSFORMERS: ONE, a prequel exploring the beginning of the civil war between Autobots and Decepticons.

what are you talking about?

Transformers is definitely kino.

Translator's note: 'kino' means 'shit'.

>that KA-CHUNK when the blades suddenly stop

>the gayest fanbase in all of modern Sup Forums
>what is Princess Marco
>what is Chat Noir
We're not even close.

Honestly, the Bayformers movies would be fine if some editor was allowed to snip like 20-30 minutes from each of them.
They're all way too goddamn long, they all have at least two or three absolutely horrendous comic relief scenes, and, surprise surprise, said scenes almost always focus on some human character no one cares about who contributes nothing and could be cut with no effort.

Powerglide beat you to it.

>Movies too long

And yet some scenes are cutting around so god damn fast, like you said with the shit comic relief scenes.

I remember in the second movie where Sam is going to university and it's all happening so fucking fast, like mach 2 levels. One second Sam arrives at his new dorm, next minute his roomies have some secret hackers group or something and the mum is eating weed or something?

It's just mental

Is Animated a good starting point? The only Transformers thing I've watched is pic related.

Heavens no. Start with Beast Wars. It's literally the best thing ever.

I've considered watching Beast Wars, but I can't stand bad animation, which is why I've watched the TF movie instead of the series.

Everyone shits on 2 but as far as I'm concerned Jetfire is a standout character who holds up to the best of the franchise. "Angry slightly senile old man robot" is so fucking good I'm amazed they don't use it more often.

Animated is a pretty good starting point idk what the fuck is on about. While beast wars is great its no great entry point to

The artstyle might turn you off and the quality is just under teen titans but it's really good for the toys and the characters. Also has best humans.

If you're really elitist about your animation though you can start with Prime but don't get your hopes up, outside of the action and graphics its a big pile of nothing and paper tigers.

Animated's animation isn't great either, even if it's a good show. If you want good animation, watch Prime, but it suffers a bit plot-wise, especially in the later seasons.

That being said, you probably should get over your animation hang-ups if you want to get into the franchise, because most of the best Transformers has to offer has varying degrees of bad animation.

Animated is a fine starting point though, if it still appeals to you. Pretty much what says about it really.

Why can you not believe it?

>In early drafts, the Transformers didn't speak per studio demands

Didnt he?

>Is Animated a good starting point?

Let me give you a quick guide

Beast wars
>While the CGI is dated, this series has some truly amazing writing. And I don't mean "Good writing for a transformers show", I mean just amazing writing period.

Beast Machines
>skip it. Don't subject yourself to this torture.

Animated
>A break away from the usual formula, it features a new and unique lore and history to the usual story. The most notable flaws are the poor animation and tone shifts. Stories will flop between serious episodes dealing with the atrocities of war and Saturday morning cartoon villains-of-the-week.

Prime
> More focused on drama and featuring some impressive CGI for television show, it has a promising first season. Unfortunately those advanced models are expensive, so the cast remains extremely small. After the first season the plot spins its wheels, going nowhere and featuring far too many mcguffin hunts

The thing that always gets me in these films is how the Transformers don't feel like they are there by any means. Like the camera going from humans to the robots always cuts in such a strange way and shit is jarring. That and it always feels like a 4kids dub where the voice actors just say things even though they aren't lining up with what's happening on screen.

>>Ewan McGregor was approached to voice Bumblebee before Mark Ryan was cast.
>>Amanda Seyfried and Emma Stone auditioned for Mikaela before Megan Fox was cast.
>>Michael Clarke Duncan was originally cast as Simmons' partner, Agent Stone, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. He was replaced by Brian Stepanek, whereupon the character's role was severely reduced.

All of this disappoints me. I wish we had gotten this.

>tfw remembering Michael Clarke Duncan died 5 years ago
He was such a good actor.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDsTMeYF73g

>Early drafts featured the Matrix of Leadership, but producers felt that'd confuse audiences due to the MATRIX series
General audiences are dumb, but studios seem to think they're literally subhuman slobbering morons.
Nobody other than small children would really be like "Duh they used the same word in this movie as in that other movie. Ah'm confused!"

>Amanda Seyfried or Emma Stone in those skimpy outfits draped over cars and motorbikes

He really was.

I would have loved him to voice a Transformer, any giant one with his deep booming bass voice.

KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=sjTIpSu7npE

K I N O
I
N
O

I really wish we had seen more of Sir Burton's Transformers retirement home.

I don't think anyone has ever argued that the Transformers franchise has a way with spectacle and impact, but the quality of the writing in-between all those scenes of stunning special effects and gravitas is what drags the quality of the movies down to mediocrity. Michael Bay may know how to direct a worthwhile action scene, but the guy churns out by the numbers blockbuster schlock with all the narrative and character depth of a cereal commercial and the Transformers franchise is by far the most egregious example of everything that's wrong with his directorial style.

You know, I kind of want Vortex, Blast Off and Swindle to show up in the movies.

I'd also want them to have more speaking lines that I've had baths...but we can't have nice things.

The Combaticons/Bruticus in general would work great in Bayformers, and I say this as someone who doesn't really like the movies but likes the Combaticons. Of course, they've already prevented that from ever being able to happen, but it feels weird that such a "military, fuck yeah" series wouldn't have the (mostly) military bot combiner team.

I havnt seen 4 or 5

You're missing out.

congratulations, out of about 13 hours of film you spotted the 40 minutes that wasn't shit

fuck man, I remember seeing this when it came out like 10 years ago, that scene really managed to make me feel afraid. the first one was so underrated, and I think that aside from that (and maybe the first 2 acts of the third) the rest are shit

>Implying the whole sequence in Lockdown's ship from 4 isn't prime fun.