youtube.com/watch?v=bMZz0x69ATE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get this crap outta here, noboby watches gametheory anymore

>Has a chance to give a video game to the Pope
>Gives him Undertale
>Pope doesn't even play it or give a shit

>Tells everyone they should go outside

>not tetris the ultimate game

For what fucking reason did he give him undertale.

god i hate this guy so much

Dan Harmon actually appears in this. He does not sound into it at all.

If this guy wasn't so fucking annoying I bet people would take his theories more seriously.

>Pope tell everyone to stop playing game and do something more productive

It's a game were mercy is a very strong theme and discourages violence

I personally would have given the pope rapelay

He's realised the secrets to success on YouTube. If you see his videos from 2011-2013 before he got successful, he felt more like a person than a character.

It's also a video game that intentionally tricks you into killing enemies during your first playthrough unless you know in advance that a pacifist run is possible.

>"Steven After Not Surviving"

Can someone give me a quick rundown? I don't want to watch this.

Is this the Sup Forums version of Behind the Meme?

Seriously, MatPat clearly has some autism for him to do that

Game/Film Theory extends to Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums

Thank you, user.

Why do people hate this guy?

I always wondered if this was a meme and if it actually happened.
I just cannot believe this is real.
Why him out of all the people around the world?

The youtuber and Dan harmon discuss cockroach battery experiments, human brain linking experiments, salt poisoning, and avocados, and then they go out for lunch at Chilis

>this autistic sperg makes more money then you ever will

He clearly puts next to no thought into any of his theories. Anyone with any knowledge of the actual topics he covers knows it's bullshit, but his viewers don't care.

He made a whole video on it. TL;DW: He and a few other YT creators got the chance to meet the Pope and brought gifts. Mat chose Undertale as the gift because of the whole "you can finish the game as a pacifist" thing.

IMO, MatPat not doing his research and acting somewhat egotistical is worse than him giving the Pope Undertale.

>Rick and Morty is the smartest show on TV
-MatPat

Because he steals all of his theories from reddit and poorly researches shit, says just retarded bullshit while having an obnoxious delivery

>But that's just a theory...
>A GAY THEORY

And the Pope subtly replyed with the message “Actually go out and help someone, don’t just play a game pretending to do it.”

>somewhat egotistical
>somewhat
Remember the time he got to fly in a jet?
The 2-3 videos talking about literally nothing but how awesome it was that he got to fly in a jet, and how talking about this is totally justified because there's 2 sentences thrown in there about Star Fox sure do remember!

I hate his nasally voice. I hate his sense of humor. I hate his need to show his dumb face in every video. I hate his leaps in logic in order to tie completely random facts together in order to reach his dumb, clickbait conclusions. And I hate his taste in games. Fuck Undertale.

You got a source for that?

Honestly? Because he's a bigger fucking baby than most of Sup Forums.

He regularly gets on the camera and cries when people criticize and say mean things about his content, and his obnoxious harpy of a wife is an annoying feminist that has him so pussywhipped he's afraid to even look up pictures of safe for work tits on Google Images.

He makes a shit ton of money doing something he enjoys, but can't handle hurt feefees an has paper skin.

Oh it's real user, He even made a video defending it

It depends on each theory honestly. The ones based on math and science (like the diamond armor one) are usually pretty good, especially the older ones. The YouTube ones are also interesting. But Mat is pretty awful at doing lore videos. At best, he restates stuff that others have said before (the GF/R&M crossover theory is like 70% stuff already known) and at worst, he's horrendously wrong (the Phoenix Wright is a criminal theory) or comes off as cherrypicking (the Mario's Mental ones).

I don't know what video you're referring to lol. I was talking about how he seems to think he knows better than the actual creators/developers (he actually does this in this Pickle Rick video too, and he did the same in FNAF4)

More than that, he actively has to ignore lore elements of the games to make his terrible theories seem to fit with the subject matter. I get the sense he crafts the theory based on the thumbnail it can create in order to get clicks, and then cynically constructs justifications for it after.

>He makes a shit ton of money doing something he enjoys, but can't handle hurt feefees an has paper skin.
Didn't he once literally say he deals with criticism by ignoring it? Also, it's no coincidence some of his worst theories came out during the Game Lab days.

>I don't know what video you're referring to lol
Few years back he released two videos that were basically Vlogs about his vacation, where he spent around 10 minutes talking about how great it was to sit in a jet, and what it felt like. He dressed this up as a Game Theory by saying near the beginning that the experience reminded him of the Star Fox robot leg theory he had.

JUST
U
S
T

It's just a theory.

>Dint he once say he deals with criticism by ignoring it?
He spent 5 minutes crying and talking about bullying on camera because people told him he was stupid for giving the pope undertale.

It's funny because the actual theory videos have become the weakest content on both Game and Film theory. And that actually says a lot.

It's funny with the amount of stupid shit he's pulled over the years, like
>When he said that Scott Cawthon doesn't know the lore to his own game series, even though Matt is proven wrong in a clip in his own video
>Saying that Sans is ness, or that Gaster is both Sans and papyrus, both based on extremely flimsy and highly speculative evidence
>Saying that Star Wars had some sort of hidden plot to hide that they had copied older science fiction stuff, even though nobody that have ever worked on Star Wars have ever tried to hide that fact
>And the one that pissed me off the most being a scandinavian, saying that Vikings ran around naked and that Scandinavia is a barren wasteland where you can't farm anything
He's only ever "apologized" for the first one, and never even mentioned him being blatantly wrong on any of the other points, even though thousands of people have called him out on it.

He has a stupid asperger voice and his fanbase is a bunch retarted 12 year olds who will take his stupid theory and accept it as canon to the things he talks about

This guy is the most insufferable guy on Youtube and it's good to see that other people agree. I don't know how people can sit through his shit based on his voice alone, let alone how smug and pretentious he is.

Top fucking kek, can Matt ever recover?
>advertising thread still up

>the for honour video
Maaaaan, that was just something else. Let me level with you though, vikings were shit and got rolled by anyone who could resist.
>r-raiding is a legit stragergy
Sure but it doesn't make you strong warriors it makes you good raiders. If the village had walls or standing men you were fucked. If someone found where you lived, you were fucked. Also European Tech>Jap tech. Although it was later than the for honour period there were a small number of nips v Spanish when swords and shields were still somewhat in use and Spain kicked their ass despite being one ship and being the one under attack.
Eternal Anglo (and assorted central and southern Europe)>Snowniggers>Japs

Oh I'm not saying that Vikings should have won, not by a long mile. First of all both knights and samurai had hundreds of years of extra technological advancements to help them, and while vikings where good surprise fighters, and great improvisers, they weren't army types, and would avoid fighting any military if they could.

But saying that they had no idea how to make armor or weapons, and saying that you couldn't farm anything in Scandinavia is insane, when we have some of the most fertile soil in all of Europe, and season that both helps the plants grow and the soil to recover.

>the for honer video
here's something better
youtube.com/watch?v=bMZz0x69ATE

Oh for sure. Almost everything he said in that video was questionable to outright false. At the time I was hanging with a lot of hema, reenactment, fencing people and they just laughed and laughed when it came up. It's actually shocking how much he could get wrong despite clearly trying to recycle wikipedia page information as though it were research. That and he's a filthy fucking weeb.

Got me

>feet on the ground or turn the fuck around
Nice.
>horse archery always wins
Come on now, pal.

The fact that other youtubers who actually have some idea about what they're talking about when it comes to those types of warriors, Like Skallagrim and Shadiversity, each had to pick one of them to "defend" and point out Matt's idiocy, because making a single video to point out all of the shit he got wrong, all at once, would have been insanely long.

>For what fucking reason did he give him undertale.
It was the hottest video game at the time. If he had met the pope a year earlier, Pat would have given him Five Nights At Freddy's.

>If he had met the pope a year earlier, Pat would have given him Five Nights At Freddy's.
I'm actually upset that this isn't the case

>If he had met the pope a year earlier, Pat would have given him Five Nights At Freddy's.
That would have been even more retarded, but I could easily have seen him do it still.

What if rick is actually ness from undertale?

>The ones based on math and science (like the diamond armor one) are usually pretty good
WARIO IS 20’ TALL

In hind sight this should have been a huge red flag for any viewer.

I used to like him, but when now I think of it, the only theory of his that is good and makes sense is the FMA one (they failed to transmute a human because their recipe didn't add up). Everything else is either bullshit or copied from reddit.

except over 4 mill

The tagline of the game ever since it even was a game was "an rpg where no one has to die".

whatever you say matpat

It wasn't even Undertale. He gave him a piece of paper with a steam code for the game on it. I don't know how to really word why that makes it worse but it absolutely does. It just makes it seem even more lazy and pathetic, like he couldn't even burn the fucking thing on a CD or something.

to be fair, not even the creator of FNAF knows what the story is, he makes more retcons and changes in a year than DC or Marvel do in the past ten years
Matpat thought the creator planned it all out and nitpicked on how an injury in one of the games didn't align with medical facts.

>expecting the pope to play video games
>expecting the pope to care about any of the thousands of gifts he receives.

The gift was symbolic. He's been given canoes and shit, but the Pope isn't whitewater rafting anytime soon.

>Matpat thought the creator planned it all out and nitpicked on how an injury in one of the games didn't align with medical facts.
The problem is Matt assumed that said injury was the "bite of 87", and because the injuries described from said bite didn't match up with the one in the game, he acted as if he had caught Scott with his hands in the storyteller doesn't know his own work-jar.
But the bite in the game wasn't the "bite of 87" since it's pointed out in the game that it takes place in 83, so what ever injuries was cause in 87 is unrelated, and the whole video falls apart.
Had it not been for the developer calling him out in the comments, he would never even have gone back to fix that mistake.

People didn't have a problem with Matt being wrong. so much as they had a problem with him acting all high and mighty as if he knew the games better than the creator.

>Mat chose Undertale as the gift because of the whole "you can finish the game as a pacifist" thing.

You know I liked Undertale but that's so fucking stupid. I did that shit in Iji like eight years ago.

He gave it to the pope because it was the pope's year of mercy, something he decreed with his popey authority, and mercy is the key theme of Undertale.

I won't pretend to be a religious person but isn't Christianity (presumably) all about turning the other cheek and shit like that? Seems odd to have to decree a specific year just for mercy.

I would have given the pope Binding of Isaac.

The game tells you that you dont need to kill anybody.

To focus on one specific virtue and promote contemplation.

But what if I want to?

Then you can.

One thing that never made sense about Undertale is that, legally, you can kill 95% of the enemies in the game and argue self-defense. Even on the genocide path, there's only a handful of characters that you kill with your own initiative.

All of the monsters trying to brutally murder a child get a pass because they "don't understand". Ignorance is no excuse.

>legally

it's a video game

There's an option to spare everyone. There's really no reason to kill instead of spare unless you actually want to kill.

So a child should be murder no matter what just because monsters don't know better?

The spare conditions are often stupid and nobody would ever try to do that in real life. If somebody attacks you in an alley and starts shooting a gun at you, you likely aren't going to give them a compliment.

That only works if you don't attack first, and use your first turn on some other shit.

It's not real life. Sparing a monster is as easy as killing them. I think you're trying to say "yeah but if it was real life", even though it's not real life, it's a video game.

Well, shit. Delete both Sup Forums and Sup Forums because there's noting to discuss. You just rendered all conversations pointless.

>trying to argue against "entry level meta humor" the game
The entirety of Undertale hinges around the idea of "ever notice how you kill a lot of enemies in video games? Guess you're a sociopath"

Its like a Dorkly video

You're trying to argue about a video game as if it's real life.

>wtf why doesn't daffy duck die when he gets shot in the head, if this was real life he'd just be dead

>>And the one that pissed me off the most being a scandinavian, saying that Vikings ran around naked and that Scandinavia is a barren wasteland where you can't farm anything

I loved this one because historical youtube channels started responding to it and picking it apart with actual facts almost immediately.
I think Skallagrim tackled all of the viking inaccuracies while Shadiversity went on an autistic kiwi rant about gambesons.

What if someone jumps you in an alley and starts flexing and going "YEAH GET PUMPED" and for some reason it is physically painful to be in their presence?

>real life

It's a fucking video game. Why does mario die when he touches a goomba? Doesn't make sense, shit game

When you're talking about philosophical concepts, real life applies because all philosophy is based on real life.

Don't get me wrong. I hate GT as much as the next guy. I was just pointing out the amount of braindead followers this guy owns

>you're talking about philosophical concepts

We're talking about a video game.

Either way. That game's probably collecting dust

>It's not real life.
So why should player care about sparing them if killing is just as easy and fast? Sparing has no benefits why killing gives you gold and exp to sruvive.

A video game based around the philosophical concept of mercy.

>Film Theory video
>This person is ACTUALLY DEAD
Everytime

No, a video game based around making fun of RPGs.

I like his Polybius video. That's about it. Mat is shit.

He should stop doing theories on the lore or story of media and just focus on math and science kinda like that Chaos emerald theory