Are there any western cartoons with crazy, all out battle animations like pic related...

Are there any western cartoons with crazy, all out battle animations like pic related? Closest I've ever seen was that one Gurren Lagann parody in Steven Universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yWyj9ORkj8w
youtu.be/WLZq4hvs_30
youtu.be/RhaxzYsms_0
youtu.be/V2QcOpRuzeU?t=16m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U
youtu.be/V-u8_Vcw8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=z30Y572EmCk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXSwsnlmPc
youtube.com/watch?v=5OIQM608joc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIs6rUn7Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=xA7BEA1Q_Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=vzErUBYQZpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a bunch of still images over an ugly pink filter and speed lines you easily impressed child.

nah

>That's a bunch of still images

Literally no. Pause through the scene slowly. It's all animated.

>s a bunch of still images
Congrats you've described animation user

>implying the western animation industry would let something that expensive or time consuming ever happen

breddy cool
youtu.be/yWyj9ORkj8w

this, not to mention opm was produced underfunded as fuck with extremely skilled and passionate animators basically doing it just to do it

powerpuff girls movie and genndy's clone wars have decent action animation

Only Sim Bionic Titan did that in my memory.

do people even realize that OPM is satire on the super hero genre?

How it being satire stops it from looking good?

It's less satire and more a satirical love letter

Genddy Wars
Motor City especially
Megas when its not being funny
The Transformers 80s movie
Im sure theres more

Cybersix.

I swear, everyone is guilty of not watching it. EVEN ME (although I have the excuse of being a collector of rarities who spends money on rare shit first).

Cybersix is cheating. I'm pretty sure it was animated by a Japanese studio.

So was the transformers movie, and yet you did not get that user a (you).

no,but i dont understand anything thats going on in your webm,so maybe thats a good thing.
I dont know what was the gurren lagan parody in SU.

Rwby gave us gun chucks.
youtu.be/WLZq4hvs_30
And one of the better 4 v 1 fights.
youtu.be/RhaxzYsms_0

>RWBY
>Good

OPM is like 10% satire 90% doing the stuff it tries to make fun of played straight.

Nothing on the level of OPM, but for being fair it's an adaptation by fucking Madhouse when the source material is Yusuke "One Drawing Man" Murata.

I guess what's embarrassing here it's that there's nothing in the west that's about half as good.

nice meme

This. Is it a 22 minute toy commercial? No? Then fuck off.

How in fuck did this get cancelled?

I dont remember Cybersix being as flashy, cause then I would have added Tron Uprising

@95681921
Yeah what the fuck man?!

There's nothing engaging about that kind of animation at all imo.
There's some pretty well animated fights in Motorcity though, because aside from the CG it was entirely animated in the states rather than outsourced to Korea or wherever.

>There's nothing engaging about that kind of animation at all imo.
You have to be kidding, that choreography and animation is amazing.

>implying the glut of anime isn't produced to push merch

Better question.
Are there any western cartoons with fights as well animated and choreographed as FLCL?
youtu.be/V2QcOpRuzeU?t=16m6s

>Zero mention of Avatar: TLAB

And even though I hate to admit it, since it's otherwise trash, Korra had even better animation and sometimes better choreography.

The truth is that all the effort Japan puts into their animation in the US goes into film, these days premium television in particular because Hollywood's still jerking over the cinematic IP universe model.

>gunkata bullshit
>everyone's weapons also function as a gun.

Christ this is fucking lame. People were right when it they called it an inbred anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U

It's not a 1 on 1 battle but if you try to claim this animation isn't stunning you're full of shit.

>Muh closeups
It feels like I'm watching an action sequence from a modern popcorn flick, but with a less shaky screen.

I mean you say that but not even Hollywood's putting action scenes like the ones in anime.

Holding one's standards to an even basic level of competency in writing is not a meme.

Yes, op. Yes there is.
youtu.be/V-u8_Vcw8xc

>posting an intro that was most likely outsourced to japan.

Does that even count?

Hollywood cares too much about muh realism. Style died when the Matrix stopped being cool.

>>posting an intro

It's not an intro, it's the start of the movie.

I don't know why people watch that show, it looks very boring.

Power armor, level ups, 'GUTS' or some other enhancing thing to the main character or villain are just thrown away and all that's left is animators waving their dicks on screen for pennies on the dollar?

There's nothing happening in that 45 seconds.

Do you even know what show that is?
It's a gag anime, faggot.

>The Transformers 80s movie
Are you fucking joking.

Are there any western cartoons that come even close to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=z30Y572EmCk

>Power armor, level ups, 'GUTS' or some other enhancing thing to the main character

Literally wrong, none of that ever happens to Saitama, just the peripheral characters which is the joke.

So it's like the family guy of anime? just with a big budget or something?

Them doing things that are meaningless, even ironically is not funny or interesting.

Hey just a tip instead of making the worst possible assumptions about something you've never seen maybe don't do that

The Boondocks had good, fluid animation.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXSwsnlmPc

You got like half a second into the webm before closing it, didn't you?

>Any gag show is Family Guy.
One Punch Man is a deconstruction of the western super hero genre, taking the classic "Ubermensch" archetype, represented by characters such as Superman, and bringing it to its logical extreme. The result is a character who's perpetually bored with the world around him, and who can't find much joy in things since nothing really challenges him, which is where a large amount of the humor comes from. While this concept does sound rather superficial at first glance, the supporting cast and interpersonal conflicts bring some degree of tension to it that the show would be lacking otherwise. The draw isn't in wondering if or how the main character will win, but how the world around him reacts to it, I suppose.
I don't watch a ton of anime, but OPM was actually pretty decent, and I enjoyed the ride. It started as a shitily drawn webcomic, so it's really come a long way.

considering that fight is supposed to be a climax and the running joke is nobody will credit saitama with that victory and it's another case of saitama being too powerful for his own good and the victory ends up being completely hollow.

yeah nothing happens in those 45 seconds at all

fucking love one punch man

youtube.com/watch?v=5OIQM608joc

>the fight scene is supposed to be eye candy because in the end Saitama is going to win

Yes, you got the point. The difference between your typical capeshit and OPM is that that's the joke instead of you actually tricking yourself into believing the bad guys might lose.

Action cartoons are a corpse in the west.

Don't want future MtF's getting hyper off violence.

CN basically didn't out outsources because it splits up profits. It's why TTG has stood so long, the entire thing is inhouse so any profit it makes goes straight to the CN rather than shows of the past where it had to get chop up between the animation studio and CN. It's why quality has been diving and more and more shows are going viral/steaming because animation studios don't want to give their souls to CN, Nick, Disney, etc so they can save a dime.

>it's about what it means to be a hero

Mumen Rider is the real hero of the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIs6rUn7Pg

Nier has some competition for best sound track 2017.

No, it follows a more monster-of-the-week format. And the writer realizes your assumption and doesn't have the MC instawin everything and lets the other characters shine.

>+50 posts
>still nothing from fucking BEN 10
What the fuck is wrong with this board?

It's a mix of that and poking fun at shouned shit. Look at dragon ball past the saiyan saga. The only why they beat radditz because piccolo and goku had to team up. And it took the entire crew to take down vegeta. After that it became goku(and gohan)beat the big bad because he was "stronger" they beat the character because of raw power rather than skill or outsmarting the villian.

OPM take that idea and puts a character his too powerful to exist in his world. We already know that by nature of the genre, santana is going to win because he the protag. Why should we pretend he going to struggle or need X amount to train to get stronger. He exist in a world where he is the only character exempt from the shonen bullshit.

>saitama's speech after deep sea king
>mumen rider's letter and his whole damn action during that arc

Wrong thread friendo

What I do enjoy is that outside of Saitama, and Tornado, the stakes of every conflict are real.
Every other character is in very real danger.

Also the notion the Genos would be the main character in any other story makes me snicker.

>expect crazy animation and funny antics
>get a weird amount of effective feels

I wasn't ready.

>when genos goes on about his backstory it's a joke
>later in the manga you're kind of interested in it

youtube.com/watch?v=xA7BEA1Q_Uo

I also like how they're showing some disconnection between the S-class heroes and all the others ones, basically setting up early the arc that's going to be in the webcomic. The current chapter has some of the best teamwork in manga I've seen

Might as well post justice league

Or avatar the last airbender

Can OPM defeat cancer that's killing a 7 year old girl?

With a serious series serious punch

As always, Relevant XKCD

Killing cancer is easy . It's keeping the patient alive that's the problem.

John Wick is better than Anime though.

scenes like that really makes me wish animation was 60fps

That video is nothing but background scrolling

Looks like shit, no sense of weight or momentum

Personally Avatar has great choreography but subpar animation.

Like OPM. What is your point?

Did you even watch the OP? That knee looked so fucking heavy it hurts, which is ironic because it didn't.

There's some hilariously badly animated sequences in some mainstream anime (see Attack on Titan), OPM however fucking amazing

Post something with what you're talking about so we can know what you want.

>That knee looked so fucking heavy
No, it doesn't you fucking weeb.

How did it not? Are the westernfag goggles a real thing or am I just being baited?

>the knee
of all the parts in this, that's the one you point out? That's the most boring part of the video
at least the rest of the video tries to use camera-shake as "animation"

>westernfag goggles
Says the retard with big weeb goggles

Anime fights always seem to have this "flow" to them, like there are a ton of frames of animation, then they pull back and have something slow happen. I have no way to really describe it but if any other user knows what I mean let me know. I just want to see a a fight in anime that brutal, clumsy, and desperate like a real fight.

These kind of action sequences are utter shit though.

It's so intent on being bomblast and loud that the animation eats itself alive because it's so layered with bullshit it's hard to make out whats actually happening. Beyond that I just don't care about what's happening here because for all the big staggers they're being immediately cut away from for another big stagger.

And this isn't me being biased against anime. I'm here practically only for comics and all my fucking favorite animated films are all just Japanese.

Not memeing, but Pickle Rick

I'll always give more weight to just two guys squaring off and fucking each other up even if they don't destory buildings doing it.

Nothing in this thread really impresses me, both in terms of quality or fight action.
I think i prefer when battle uses their wits or environments to their advantage, rather than "oh wow, he punched some guy and a bunch of lines came out of his fist and the camera shook, that must've hurt!"

What? Boros fucks up his ship and even kills a lot of his crew in his fight.

Nah fuck that, THIS is an anime fight. It;s stylish, you can see everything thats happening, and it doesn't rely on bright colors and lasers to convey action.

youtube.com/watch?v=vzErUBYQZpI

Yeah and I guess that's real sad but all I'm seeing is a light show that maybe should have an AMV made of it.

Japanese animators and their korean underlings are basically motivated entirely by passion, because the pay is terrible and work conditions are even worse. It's something western animation is rather lacking nowadays.
Meanwhile, anime writing has gone very stale and it focuses a lot more on cute girls doing cute things and escapist harem isekai shit, while western writing tends to do better in covering a variety of themes. Then again, western writers have given up on telling stories and just want character drama, so, there's that.

How can you not understand it?
Series of attacks, Boros throws him around, sends him down, goes below him, goes up again, knees and sends him to the moon.

Is Sup Forums secretly browsed by old people? It might be fast but it's comprehensible.