Why did Eddie say Doom was a toon when he flattened himself? Does Toontown have its own laws of physics or something?

Why did Eddie say Doom was a toon when he flattened himself? Does Toontown have its own laws of physics or something?

I guess it's similar to Spacejam.

Eddie hasn't been himself since he started doing drugs...

So am I misremembering or was did they drop the piano that killed his brother while they where in Toontown as well?

Otherwise fantastic film despite any possible continuity missteps

You can make the argument that Eddie knew Doom was a toon because he couldn't be killed. I think whether or not you're in Toontown a person can get killed and a toon doesn't.

If I remember correctly they were in toontown investigating some shit when Doom dropped the piano on him, which is why Eddie never wanted to go back.

I don't remember what part of the movie Eddie got flattened at though.

>I don't remember what part of the movie Eddie got flattened at though.
When he's in the elevator with Droopy.

We'll never see a cartoon crossover as amazing as this moment

Eddie got flatten as a gag, from a gag cartoon character that meant him no ill will.

His brother was murdered because that's what Doom intended.

WB and Disney missed a goldmine with this. Ever since this scene I wanted Mickey and Bugs shenanigans, with Mickey being the straight man to Bug's... well, Bugs.

Marvin Acme was killed by dropping an actual safe on his head too. Doom was performing toon antics with real-life hazards, it's safe to say that the piano that killed Eddie's brother was a real one

Maybe it's the same idea of a fish can live out of water for a short period just like a person can endure toon world physics only at a mild level. So flattened by elevator gravity, sure. Flattened by a steamroller, probably not. Mickey and Bugs did mention Eddie could die from falling but he was also saved by a gag, so we'll never know.

Also as previously mentioned, if the characters aren't using toon gag items, then they're real world hazards. The steamroller was real.

I vaguely recall that there was an agreement that Mickey and Bugs, being the main faces of Disney and Warner Brothers respectively, had to be in the movie for the same amount of time, right down to having the same number of animation frames, so to save animators the trouble of counting, they just wrote the two characters into the same scenes and shots when they appeared.

This. I was about to say exactly this.

I do not remember this scene. It must have been cut out of the Australian version of the movie and perhaps that is for the best since it does raise continuity problems.

it was 5 seconds of nothing

Toons have their own physics, which is why they can get flattened and live. Doom was a toon disguised as a person.

It was a real piano.

If it was a cartoon piano, Teddy would have survived.

If a toon piano falls on a real person, who gives in? Does the person get squished, or does the piano get a hole in it?

Probably hole in it, with the character peeking out and getting birds/stars around his head.

And piano keys in their mouth.