Marvel Exec: Voyager Is ‘Most Important Character’ You Don’t Remember

cbr.com/marvel-legacy-voyager-significance/
>Set to be explored in the weekly “No Surrender” arc of Marvel Legacy’s Avengers, readers will gain more insight into the mysterious hero, and according to Marvel exec Tom Brevoort, those insights are pretty important.

>“I can tell you she’s the most important character in the Marvel Universe that you don’t remember – but you will,” Brevoort said in a recent interview with Newsarama. “And you’ll remember her by the time Avengers #676 comes out, the second part of ‘No Surrender’…There’s a scene in there that lays out quite concretely exactly who she is. Her identity will be revealed.”

>He added, “I will tell you – because it fills me with immeasurable glee – that her secret identity, her real name, is Valerie Vector. Take that as you will – people can go to their Marvel Handbooks to see if they can suss out any clues about her identity…There are clues in Marvel Legacy #1. There are clues in the promo image that Alex Ross painted that’s on the back of the lenticular variant and will be seen on a lot of books moving forward, where she’s included with the founding Avengers on their statue.”

Should we auger this baby in and see if we can figure any of this out before Marvel spoils it in a press release or interview?

>Should we auger this baby in and see if we can figure any of this out before Marvel spoils it in a press release or interview?

It's literally a rehash of that one character that got erased from everyones memories/time

COMING THROUGH I HAVE TO HELP MY OLD FRIENDS, THE AVENGERS

I really, REALLY dont care. Legacy got beaten by a evil Terminator-Batman for Christ sake

Valeria Richards going back to the past and aging herself.

>Valerie Vector
>Valeria Victor
what did they mean by this?

Who gives a shit?

Stop having appeal for batman long ago. It used to be simple, batman trying stand up against corruption of Gotham, and now it become too crazy.

> House of Ideas

I can't wait to hear about the awesome adventures and fights she and Sentry had but we totally forgot about.

You're seriously humoring this low effort carrot on a stick theatrics?
Fuck Brevoort, how about the character illustrate itself to be worthwhile regardless of a cheap veil of mystique and then I'll care about who she is.

It would be funny if she fell in love with doctor doom.

That will be interesting twist.

Heh.

They're turning Doctor Doom into a woman?

I totally forgot about you, Hyperion! But how, and why?

Wasn't this literally the concept for Sentry?

Well if its any consolation, its not the main Earth Batman. But yeah I get your point, Snyder sucks. At least the tie-ins are fun

House of Ideas

Calling it now, Voyager is going to be a fragment of that Celestial that got buried.

It's just fucking Sentry with a slit.

Oh for fuck sake...

Nice digits. Will she still fuck Rogue?

Wait, you think it’d BE funny IF Valeria was in love with Doom?

Mothafucker have you never seen the way she looks to or at her godfather? She clearly loves Doom, perhaps not which way you’re implying, but she loves him and probably forgives him for what he did during Secret Wars.

Hell, she’ll probably be proud of his run of action in Irredeamable.

You don't know that. There could be a cyclopean entity to rival Shuma-Gorath under there.

>Our new OC Donut Steel is a TRIUMPH of originality! Voyager is a true hero, a SENTRY against the forces of evil! Remember to Make Mine Marvel!

lol

And blue marvel.
And Captain American technically.
And come to think of it, would Namor count as well? I think he was considered a lost hero until the torch found him.

she's that female warlock from the miniseries where the enclave tried to recreate adam warlock and kismet and adam fucked em over by making her sentient.

I'm convinced they're just pulling a prank at this point, it's too funny to take seriously

Theory: They've finally realized that nobody actually gives a shit about Carol, and are trying to make a new character to be their "wonder woman".

how long will it take for them to realize nobody cares about this new one too?

Will they retcon her as a founding member of The Avengers that everyone forgot about because of some cosmic magic shit?

I want to like Carol, but they keep giving her to horrible writters.

Carol is the best character they have though.

That's a grim indictment of all their other characters. Under the Mouse's paw, though, it's not far from the truth.

>Valerie Vector

So Valeria confirmed?

I am incapable, sir, of a more pronounced indifference.

I hope you realize any scenario where you even jokingly imply Carol is good is a monkey's paw waiting to happen which may cause her movie to be a massive success, and then you'll have people coming here to unironically remark that opinion.

Especially around here it's always best to remember that whole "idiots in good company" adage before you jest, lest the jest be on you. The fact the CW2 push even happened is telling.

Will Rogue reminisce how she was the only one who could fuck her without dying?

Carol looks good in that pic, why not the others?

Of course she is.

>How much more water can we wring from this stone?

Imagine being one of the people that sign up for this stuff.

No she doesn't. That art style is rubbish.

But Captain America actually existed in the golden age. This more of a reverse Cap, where in he actually existed at the time and had adventures up until the fifties, but then they said that actually he was frozen and his escapes fighting commies never happened, at least not to Steve Rogers.

>same colours
>same outfit
>one of the earliest Timely Comics/Marvel Comics characters
>hidden 'S' on Voyager outfit; possibly stands for 'Sun-Girl'

very possible

>hidden 'S' on Voyager outfit
Huh?

the shadows resemble an 'S' to me

I would read a comic about a modern version of Sungirl dealing with the modern mta, constant delays, cars that smell like piss and other bodily fluids, getting gouged by the price of a goddamn metro card, he express train that you were on being changed into a local out of nowhere.

I think that everyone and their mother figured that is valeria richards

Valeria - Valerie
Vector - Victor (the one who choose her name)
Voyager - explorer like the F4, a voyager from outside the universe

and is very stupid the VVV, voyager valerie vector

I hope not because I don't know a lot about Marvel and that's my guess too.
If someone like me can figure out their next big twist, that's sad.

Marvel writers and editorial, what little of it actually do their jobs, haven't put any effort into marvel in years. This shit is exactly the kind of thing that I've come to expect from modern marvel.

Ah, so she will not matter at all once the next Avengers run starts.

You got it, unless Bendis decides to make her the villain of what're book he's writin next.

Ewing puts plenty of effort into his books and all it gets him is low sales and other writers ignoring the continuity he establishes.

Valeria richards not mattering Funny

It's Val Richards.

OH MAN!
I LOVED that story from summer where Marvel retconned years of my favorite character's life meaninglessly, and NEVER undid it!
And the stories RIGHT AFTER that where they retconned the lives of ALL our favorites, to meaninglesly interact with their replacements!
I CANT WAIT for them to immediately follow it by retconning years of my favorite team's career meaninglessly!

>thumbnail

Ewing's greatest flaw is that he chooses to work for Marvel.

And still I only read one of their current books.

If no one cared, then this thread would've 404d long ago.

Good catch.

True, but it's hard to get hyped about a mystery that doesn't even have a meaningful twist from when they did it with the Sentry.

It doesn't help that the Avengers franchise has been lackluster as fuck since Secret Wars.

My thinking is its either a fem!Sentry from another universe that somehow got saved during Secret Wars but is starting to remember her superheroing days, or Valeria Richards getting bored with exploring the multiverse and inserts herself into the past of Marvel to experience "the golden age" herself.

Where the fuck even is Sentry?

The "meaningful twist" could be that if this is a fem!Sentry from another universe, that means we get a fem!Void, and probably culminates in a return of male Sentry to fight fem!Void while fem!Sentry fights male Void, where original Sentry and fem!Void die but fem!Sentry lives and kills male!Void, which in theory solves the Sentry-Void problem and can make her exist now as a fulltime heroine without a return of fem!Void.

he's still pushing that celestial away from earth isnt he?

We did this with the sentry. We already read this.

Why can't they do something new?

That's my point; the Sentry can't really exist in Marvel due to power levels (Sentry is probably the closest thing in Marvel to Superman tiers of power), and combined with his split personality literally manifesting as an evil version of himself, means that they can't exist before the two accidentally blow up the Earth.

Last we saw of Sentry he was killed I think? This was prior to Secret Wars, which is why I think it might be a fem!Sentry that got saved in Secret Wars.

It can be interesting if we get to keep a Sentry-strong hero around on Marvel for some lengthy period of time, and not for smaller events and the summer crossovers.

I feel like he should be back by now.

It is a pretty big celestial, and he's flying it all the way to the far side of the universe.

I did the math and it'd take him around 20 years.

Last that we saw of Sentry he had been brought back to life by the apocalypse twins, and then left to fly the body of dead celestial as far away from earth as he could.

>20
I revised my numbers and it's actually 38.333

>It used to be simple, batman trying stand up against corruption of Gotham, and now it become too crazy.

I guarantee you weren't even born before Batman made the jump to doing more than just fighting crime in Gotham

And this was before Secret Wars, right? If so, we don't know what happened to him. He could still be flying it out to the edge of the universe, or they got deleted when everything got rebooted.

Who cares? She either an OC or a character so few people care about that we can't figure it out. Not exactly jaw dropping

>Legacy got beaten by a evil Terminator-Batman for Christ sake
>implying any capeshit comic could stand a chance against a comic called THE MURDER MACHINE

See

So is this eventually gonna lead to the return of the Fantastic Four? Because otherwise I don't give a fuck, it's just Sentry all over again but it's a girl this time

Anyone remember Moon Maiden? She essentially had the same backstory, and only appeared in one very fun comic (picrel), and had a cameo in a panel of Avengers/JLA.
She is the obscurest of obscure waifus.

Don't let your confirmation bias trick you into seeing things that aren't really there.

We care about shitting on the book on the Internet but not enough to actually pay money for it.

That's not a meaningful twist that's just stupid. And also kinda defeats the whole point of Sentry

I dunno. I thought it was an "S" UNTIL someone said it's just shadow. With the training from seeing Superman so often, it almost feels intentional.

Dude, this type of story has been happening in practically every form of entertainment for decades.

Venus is part of the agents of atlas for years now.

>Valeria Richards going back to the past

to play the shitty games that suck ass?

Dont fuck with muh Sentry plss.

Wat

Angry Video Game Nerd ref.

Avengers is your favorite comic team? Get some taste, bro.

SPIDERWOMAN'S BABBY!!!!

Spider woman's baby is a boy.

Way to be a cishet shitlord, scumm.

They do not have much better options, She-hulk and maybe Storm.