Could the upcoming Animaniacs reboot do well in this age of political correctness...

Could the upcoming Animaniacs reboot do well in this age of political correctness? They may or may not have to tone down some of the adult jokes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RODNLawkA7s
youtu.be/sIvfptQn5x4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not political correctness that's the problem, it's twitter and tumblr and shit, and the mutual echo chambers that polarize and poison everything

No, it won't.

Pinky and The Brain, on the other hand, would thrive with three Presidents' worth of global incompetence to utterly mock without mercy.

are there more news about the reboot other than that guy and his article?

I'd rather have a Freakazoid reboot for Adult Swim.

TMS will find a way.

i don't see why being PC would be a problem
it's modern pop culture that's the problem

>Modern reboot of a show that's only notable points was the animation

Boy, I can't wait for Animaniacs to make "DRUMPF XD" jokes just like every late night talk show host while encouraging the idea of taking in refugees, forcing feminism down our throats and talking about how white people are always evil and racist!

This is gonna be a great reboot! Surely it won't be another mouthpiece for Hollywood to regurgitate their awful opinions on the populace or brainwash the youth, am I right guys?

How does it feel to be so butthurt all the time?

Nigga, modern TMS probably costs 7 times more than it did in 1994-1999

Animaniacs has always been about 30% standard cartoon humor, 30% meta-humor, 30% movie references and celebrity jokes, and 10% taking jabs at popular politicians. Trump jokes would be pretty in line with the show's style.

Old Animaniacs was never all that edgy or offensive. Maybe slightly lewd, which I imagine would still fly today. I don't think they ever did anything racist or sexist. Maybe the Hello Nurse stuff, which isn't something that would be absolutely necessary to include in a theoretical reboot.

Reboots need to cease

How would you feel if the first episode had an updated version of the Nations of the World song? Rob Paulsen still sings it at conventions and shit.

Yes, but a Trump joke back in the day would have been as innocent as their Bill Clinton or Dan Quayle jokes. What that user is afraid of (and I am too) is that they'll villainize Trump and punch down with their jokes the way Colbert and other liberal mouthpieces have. Which I guess I could see them doing once (i.e. an episode where Trump is their "special friend"), but if its relentlessly politicized as everything is, it'll get old quick.

I can almost guarantee you that's what they'll do.

I can also guarantee they won't rehire the same studios and the show will look like shit.

And the're nowhere near as good as they were back then.

there is no reboot, you are failing for clickbait

user I'm no life coach but I'm worried about your paranoia.

Not him, but I can't help but notice that the people who chalk up rants like his paranoia/being from Sup Forums almost always end up being wrong. It happened with Powerpuff Girls and it will happen with Animaniacs.

Nope.

The writing will not be good, the pacing will be too fast, and the animation will be motion tweens and cheap gimmicks.

Children being raised today do not have the attention span or patience for well timed jokes and their build-up. Let Animaniacs rest in peace for fucks sake.

>it will happen.
user, this is the same guy, there's a big difference between "hey they could fuck this up/or take it too far" and going through the roof and thinking all media is going to do it. If the crew wants to actually pay proper respect in any sense of the word and cover modern political themes they'll go after both sides.

football
video games
plenty of other cartoons
>implying

(((They))) use it all good sir.

Animaniacs is like the funniest cartoon ever

I swear to god if they make a feminist comment im going to rage

>cartoons aren't allowed to make fun of the president
Thought policing

Honestly mocking trump is no different from how they've ragged on bush, if you're old enough to remember that. Comedy Central had two shows dedicated to mocking him agressively, just deal with trump being mocked with some grace.

I dont mind trump jokes when there justified, and with trump i can see alot of them being justified, but bitching and calling everyone who supports him a nazi, or how feminism is anything but hot shit, will make me pissed.

>the invisible enemy.
People are going to say things you don't like, people are going to spread messages you don't agree with, and the media is going to make fun of the president regardless of who they are, I don't necessarily think it's ok to shove religious concepts down a child's throught at a young age but at the end of the day it's out of my control and up to the individuals involved in how they deal with it, you deal with it your way and I'll deal with it in mine.
Now I gotta btfo, work shit.

Are we getting just the Warners back, or the other things too?

No the pussified snowflake world of today has no place for brilliant mature jokes like a pigeon that acts like Joe Pesci or lame Clinton jokes or ogling a big titty nurse

S E E T H I N G

The idea of feminism being this huge problem is getting old. There are some piece of shit "feminist" things out there, but actually being concerned about what people who may or may not identify as belonging to a vague ideology are going to do next in Sup Forums related things comes off as alarmist and agenda driven. It's like there was this feminist scare on social media now that we can share links and pics of feminist Twitter rage and the things that have been said and felt for decades suddenly mean something to us.

The liberals would get so triggered if they had unwanted hip hippo scenes shoved down their throats. They'll go looking for safe spaces to find places they wouldn't make them think of fat hippo lovers with funny accents.

>age of political correctness
We've got female characters getting hurt in slapstick, lesbians, violence, and lewdness, and you somehow invent a problem for a show that hasn't come out yet.

wasnt the animaniacs reboot just a hoax?

I think a good twist would be if he annoys them more than they annoy him.

There are people who go out of their way to be offended, there is no way they can do a trump episode without offending someone

The problem is feminism is actually popular these days, and has the capacity to censor things they dont like. I dont mind if someones a feminist for actual equality, but most of the time these swerf bitchs just want to coopt and cuck men outve things and label them as sexist bigots.

I hope so Animaniacs fucking sucks

>one of the greatest cartoons of the 90s
>sucks
U fockin wot m8

As long as they keep the fat chicks in, I'm cool.

>censor
How? By bitching on social media? Are you trying to censor them?

But user, they've already parodied and made fun of Trump on the show

>Are you trying to censor them?
I would if i could, same as i would racists on Sup Forums. Freedom of speech has its limits, and when feminists infect the media like a cancer and start shitting in their crappy ideals into cartoons, comics, and the news, then its time to outlaw free speech for far left regressive liberals. Thats why i hate trump, because he doesnt have the balls to do that.

>far left is now "ummm why are there so many ass shots in comics? #hashtag"
Of course you're a troll.

Yes, they are doing that shit. And guess what, because theyve complained so much they caught the attention of major comic publishers and lewd shits hardley in comics anymore. The fact there opinions have a negative consequance on our media, in which it is forced to censor itself and be more restrictive, means that said people should not have a right to say things that will make our country into a facist hellhole. Europe was fine until these people said the same things. Now theyve fucked themselves over and you cant even ask for a girls number or even have underwear models without triggering some over sensative ham planet. Freedom of speech should be discarded and every far left whiney feminist baby needs a muggle and denied access to social media.

Also
>have unpopular opinion
>"lol he must be a troll"
You sound just like facebook

Protip: they were shit back then, too.

Yes, I'm a raging normie for thinking that legally banning opinions I don't like about comics is fucking stupid.

>Europe was fine until feminists
Your lack of perspective is hilarious.

Its not just comics, i just used that as an example because where on Sup Forums. There forcing the media to not say anything bad anout feminism, the mainstream media has a clear bias towards it. People get in trouble for saying anything negative about feminists. Gamergate itself should be enough proof that feminists dont deserve free speech.

Oh am i wrong? What about my views on the matter are wrong?

There was much more then just the animation, music & writing were also top notch as well.
More like "Shinzo Abe XD" jokes.
Tell that to Lupin III.
Yes, they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=RODNLawkA7s
If Blue Jacket was allowed to keep it's animation quality then Animaniacs season 6 will be the same, the goal is to put Studio Mir to shame and TMS can do just that.

Nigga theres still lewd shit in comics. There's a fuckin indie publisher that only sells fetish vanity covers for 20 bucks a piece

No they were not, you're delusional, seek help.

We been through this before as Telecom =/= Tokyo Kids.

What's there for the media to say abot feminism? It's a non-issue that only matters when we talk about shitty opinions on comics.

Europe has always had problems. Saying it all started with feminism is either a funny joke or telling of what qualifies as a problem to you.

>Gamergate itself should be enough proof that feminists dont deserve free speech.

its also proof that redditors take themselves too seriously and no fun can be had with out them shitting everything up.

>redditors
What'd they do? The Sup Forums threads were absolute shit. They actually thought that the people literally who slept with reviewed her game. To this day there are people who think this.

>blaming (((They)))) for your small penis

HOLY FUCK THERE'S A REBOOT?? WHY WASN'T I TOLD

The womens march was not a nonissue. They have major political influence at this point, and should be stopped no matter the cost

In the begining it was just Sup Forums laughing at some chick banging a bunch of dudes at kotaku. once the bigger gaming subreddits banned any discussion of the incident they all came here and that when came to Sup Forums and turned into a "SECRET SJW CONSPIRACY".

The irony is that while the person everyone was witch hunting never had her game reviewed by the people she fucked. There was a chick who was totally shilling her girlfriends games. and nothing ever came from it.

>The womens march was not a nonissue. They have major political influence at this point, and should be stopped no matter the cost
And they say horseshoe theory is bullshit.

>major political influence
>a female candidate lost to Donald "grab them by the pussy" Tump
I feel so oppressed right now.

>Republican controlled House
>Republican controlled Senate
>Trump is president
>its the feminist who hold the REAL power

How the fuck do people function?

>it's another le pc didn't exist in le 90's because i wasn't le born until late 90's so i le didn't know about le them thread
>apathetic_anime_girl_face.jpeg

They affect and censor the media. Just look at the newest season of AHS and the channel freeform to see what i mean

>Just look at the newest season of AHS and the channel freeform to see what i mean
>channel freeform
>look up their airing schedule for today

>home alone 2
>a bunch of disney movies
>MIB

So how is that feminist controlling the media?

it's not and is the reason why Sup Forums is always wrong

If the best example of feminists controlling the media is fucking freeform, there really isn't an issue.

These shows will always fall for the same pitfalls.

>Remember this thing from the 90's?
>Here's a reference to some of the cultural shifts we missed in the past few years.
>The president and politicians in general are stupid
>INSTAGRAM
>IPHONES
>Isn't this what you wanted? References you hear all the time and not 90's brand humor?

Shit, Futurama ended up fumbling heavily over this and that show wasn't even off the air for a full decade.

The bold type is only one kind of these shows but youll see my point
youtu.be/sIvfptQn5x4

We aren't allowed to admit Obama was shit though.

How is this oppressing you? Why shouldn't they be allowed to make shitty shows like the rest of us?

What makes you say that?

Even if it was good, which I highly doubt, Sup Forums would hate it anyway.