So Sup Forums, what would you do with this?

So Sup Forums, what would you do with this?

Give him a fucking ongoing for starters, I don't even care if it's the Darkseid war version of him, just give Captain Marvel a goddamn title again.

Tell Marvel to go fuck themselves and call him Captain Marvel again

Dc going to get sued by marvel if they done it.

I don't even care about the name, it's the fact that DC just refuses to give him an ongoing. I'm hoping that the upcoming movie forces them to print something.

Expand on the whole concept of gods gifting mortals with powers, create a whole rogue's gallery of people using magic words to turn into divine avatars. Cross over with Wonder Woman at some point, with Ares being responsible for one of the new villains.

Maybe even introduce one who gets his powers from Barbatos. A mystic version of Batman, perhaps with some sentai aesthetic thrown in.

>create a whole rogue's gallery of people using magic words to turn into divine avatars

There's already two or three evil Captain Marvels who fit that role.

Am I the only one who noticed the renamed powers for the name? Or is that old?

Retcon it.

I'm still mad they stripped billy of his (new) godpower

STOP FUCKING WITH A GOOD THING

Billy
Greek gods
Wizard Shazam
don't fuck it up

Make him Magic Superman, you can't send Superman to deal with magic stuff because it just owns him, so you send Billy. What's some stuff that he could fight that isn't Black Adam? What sort of threats require a Superman-level response?

Deal with the Wonder Woman greek gods shit. I don't know, maybe Shazam's summoning the idolized form of the greek gods and Diana's patrons are the real deal? Do something cool with it, don't just throw it away

this isn't complicated god fuck

You sound pretty stupid and uncreative.

Quit making him a jobber and give him some FEATS

Since Superman is boring and edgy now, Shazaam can be fun and optimistic right? The slot is open? Do that.

Have him deal with actually learning and mastering magic, consulting/conversing with his divine patrons, let him not solve problems with immaturity of a minor but instead use his fucking wisdom of Solomon

simple: make Billy as to the male greek gods as Diana is to the females, An avatar of their power. Something Something bastard child of Zeus, anyway they're cousins but it's distant so making out is OK, go for the /ss/

This is unironically a good idea. Harry Potter/Percy Jackson shit is untapped. He can be tutored by Solomon, Dr. Fate, etc.

SHAZAM - Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury

Solomon kind of stands as the odd one though. The only appropriate replacement I can think of is Soter, the greek daimon of safety, preservation and deliverance from harm.

The Mercy of Soter, the Courage of Hercules, the Strength of Atlas, the Power of Zeus, the Skill of Achilles, and the Speed of Mercury

But fans would probably rebel against such a seemingly pointless change, so Wisdom of Solomon it remains. Maybe the whole concept of the chosen one was something Solomon worked out with the Greek Gods in order to help preserve humanity, while the female dieties invested their powers in the Amazons.

We already have Ibac and Black Adam.

>Superman is boring and edgy

What? You haven't been reading Superdad, have you?

I had an idea at one point for a story about Billy learning to weird the magic word, and during his training he couldn't access all the powers at once, so every word had a separate form

How about a digital comic to test the waters? Something like Injustice where it has decent art and hopefully a good writer and sell them for 99 cents. I'm surprised they haven't put more canon comics on digital only.

No, they won't.

>create a whole rogue's gallery of people using magic words to turn into divine avatars.
Pls no. This is something retarded and uncreative concept cereal hack may introduce.

Have everything be exactly the same... only Billy being a kid and prone to changing his mind about things decided he wants to be called Captain Thunder.

He thinks it's the coolest shit ever, everyone else just calls him Captain.

Yes, and it's devoid of any fun. Feels is not fun.

Why are people posting their OC reimaginings in this thread. Captain Marvel has worked well in the past with his original concept and he will with the same thing. Thunderworld and Convergence Captain Marvel literally proved that.

>Manchester Black becomes a cow
>Trip to Dinosaur Island

How is that not fun?

Ongoing, bring back all his old school villains like Sivana, Ibac, Captain Nazi, Kull, and Mr. Atom. Focus on Billy learning how to master his powers to defeat his enemies, as well as handle being such a powerful being. Take a cue from MSOE by bringing back Tawny, but as a legit tiger that watches over Billy and gives him advice.

Captain Thunder is a terrible name and is better off forgotten completely.

An ongoing where he fucks a bunch of adult super heroines while in his adult form, and then turns back into a kid to blackmail them into sex with him as a child.

Making her girl with Big tits

Have him hit on other kids his own age and impress them with the shazam form and fuck them.

Actually, where the fuck IS Shazam? What even happened to him?
Last I remember seeing of hima was on Trinity War before turning into Black Adam, the bam, nothing.
I’m not even sure he’s had any appearances since Rebirth started.
I kinda liked him, I want him back.

The Power of Shazam by Ordway + Thunderworld from Morrison = what we need. Just the adventures of the Marvel Family on Earth-S.

Captain Marvel appears during Hellblazer, in like the first issues. He and Wondy help out Constantine get rid of some evil virus in London or some shit. That's it. He also appears as a toy in a kids room in one panel of Superwoman.

The Wizard Shazam appears during Metal (#1 or #2 idk), alongside a bunch of immortals.

Darkseid Wars fucked up the character big time it seems. DC might do an ongoing when the movie is released (2019?) and roll with that movie version, since the comic book one is a mess.

No

>create a whole rogue's gallery of people using magic words to turn into divine avatars
That's in the comics, that's what Ibac and Black Adam are. But a Rogue's Gallery that's just the same idea over and over gets really repetitive.

The Dinosaur Island issue was about the end of New Frontier were the Losers were all dead. Manchester Black is about edgy antiheroes who murder a whole bunch of folks.

The comic book version is fine, the fact that he's not got his own book is the only issue. A simple ongoing about weird bullshit (usually magic) with his adopted family would be just what he needs, not yet another big new change. At most, the Rebirth reshuffling could stand to shuffle some of the siblings' ethnicities so they're not all stereotypical.

>Shazam STILL doesn't have a comic being published
>But Lana Lang, Jason Todd and the Fuck-Around-Crew, and Scott Snyder's Black Robin OC do

Anything. Please just give material to cap. I love my big red cheese.

I scream SHAZAM at the top of my lungs everytime I nut.

Before I'd say it's because Geoff Johns had dibs, but now I think it's just because the other writers aren't very interested and DC's execs are NEVER that interested in comics that aren't pointed at thirty year olds. Young Animal is the youngest demographic they'll shoot for, and even that's teenagers at the smallest.

Johns still has dibs. He won't write it because he's busy being a yes man for live action shit but the reason he doesn't have an ongoing is because no writer was good enough in Johns eyes. Expect the ongoing (if it ever comes) to be written by one if Johns hacky friends.

I go out and scream Shazam every time there's a storm outside

You are the reason flash keeps getting new villain speedsters

I'm still pretty surprised they're making a Shazam movie even if it's under New Line instead of the main studio. The Rock isn't even going to be in it, he's getting his own Black Adam movie.

I wish they would adapt the storyline of Convergence Shazam instead. Where the Marvel Family comes back after 60 yrs or so of Sivana's stasis.

You would have theses superheros full of hope and optimism from the 40's in a 2010's Fawcett. I think that would have been more interesting than a origin story.

If this was true they would say more stuff like they have plans for the character and a book is in the works, but Didio said they were still looking for a creative team.

If the recent cameos are anything to go by, we might be looking at a similar Rebirth for Billy, with a classic costume and potentially the Captain Marvel name.
Red Hood is honestly one of my favorite Rebirth books, and I say this as someone who didn't really care about Jason, Artemis, or Bizarro.

Convergence Shazam was not a great storyline, especially for a first viewing. Having a symbol of the 40's show up and talk about how great and ideal they are would be a terrible idea, especially in such a volatile time, and especially because that wasn't even Captain Marvel's best years. I hate that Captain Marvel has become an icon for the Silver Age and gosh darn good old boy comics. It's the same nostalgic bullshit they try to play off with Superman, just a little less mopey.

How long until DC fucks up and loses the copyright to Shazam as well?

Recommendations for Captain Marvel related stuff?

With this and everything Captain Marvel showing Carol, Captain Thunder may be a better choice. The only things that shares it is a movie from the 30's and a long in public domain military character, what shows up are the alternate versions of the Big Red Cheese. Plus it simply sounds better as a name than Shazam.

Captain Thunder is a shit name that conveys nothing.

>The Wizard Shazam appears during Metal (#1 or #2 idk), alongside a bunch of immortals.
He also appeared as his old white self in one of the prelude issues.

Avoid Kelly Sue Deconnick's stuff and you're good.

>silver age
What? Then what's the best era of Captain Marvel?

Golden Age. Captain Marvel was barely even in the Silver Age era of comics, Fawcett ended its run in 1953 and DC didn't start their run until twenty years later. The Marvel family pretty much sat out the Silver Age.

I don't think the other user ever talked about the silver age.