Anyone else feeling like they're just bullying Jerry at this point?

Anyone else feeling like they're just bullying Jerry at this point?

It feels like they're going for something similar to a lot of British sitcoms (Bottom, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf) where a sad, pathetic, dis-likeable character gets shat on.

But personally I think it falls short. Jerry's sad, and pathetic, but he can't help that. He needs an element of hubris, he needs to want something that's beyond his reach and to fail in his attempt to get it (Wile E. Coyote, and Tom anyone?). But all Jerry wants is for someone to like him, and that doesn't seem unreasonable. I dunno.

This ends my thoughts on le reddit cartoon dad.

Are used to but not any more. Remember that girl who commit suicide after being cyber bullied and it turned out She been the one sending herself the messages?

Yeah pretty much that. The writers don't hate Jerry they just hate themselves.

Are all these Jerry threads being posted by the same person or do you guys really self identify with Jerry and everything that's happening to him is hitting too close to home for you?

Losing his wife and kids? No, Sup Forums users will never achieve that level of success

It feels very inconsistent with other seasons, but if it follows through that they're putting all the blame of the divorce on him so he can later redeem himself and fix things, it makes some sense.

Still one of the main reasons I think this is the weakest season outside of the citadel episode.

I think it's about three or four folk where it's hitting a bit close to home.

I guess the biggest barriers to "fixing" the character is that there's only so much time and he is a bit of a minor character.

It's almost like they "forgot" his development in whirly dirly just so they could actively sabotage his character.

Who will save him from Dan and his evil pair of non-alpha/chad hating female writers?

Hopefully roiland will

>western animation fags thinking they've seen character bullying

You do realize that it's possible to empathize with a character without completely identifying with every single aspect of them?

Not being able to do this is literally a symptom of autism.

It would be amazing if Jerry ends up committing suicide.

Hey now it could have been a one night stand turn shotgun wedding.

>>>>>>>

There's a very fine line you need to tread with characters like Jerry. If you make a joke about how much he sucks while he's living a comfortable life, it's funny. When you make the same joke while he's recovering from a divorce and living in a shitty apartment, it's just feels like they're kicking a man while he's down.

He wasn't living a comfortable life before, he was an unemployed loser whose marriage was a constant string of back and forth abuses and manipulations. His house was the only good thing he had going, and you know he wasn't the one paying for it.

He HAD a job but was fired for a shitty pitch. He bought the house and paid for everything until then. Then beth took over

I actually didn't think the Pickle Rick episode was that bad. His catchphrase seemed like a gay forced meme, but other than that, it was fine.

this is all a buildup for the jerry redemption arc

How long has Beth been a horse surgeon. Did she finish paying off her student loans?

Once again, no Sup Forums user could ever achieve that level of succes.

The writers literally admitted they have no idea what to do with Jerry, so it's easy to pin moral dilemmas on him and trash him for being in the wrong and have him actually face consequences as opposed to Rick bailing out the rest of the family for whatever bullshit reason. Not to say that hasn't happened for Jerry but it's far less often and made very clear he only barely gave enough of a shit to do anything for him.

Jerry lacks the one reason anyone on the show gets away with being a terrible person, and that's Ricks quantum state of giving a fuck about them. Rick's relationship with Jerry is a known value, therefore he has to deal with everything that happens to him on his own unless Rick is doing something or is after something that just so happens to help the guy out in the process. (for example banging Jerry's ex probably involved killing her alien dude at the time so he wasn't looking out for Jerry, he just happened to do something that helped him out as a side benefit)

Beth gets away with everything because she's Rick's little girl, Morty gets away with all the horrible things he's done because he's Rick's sidekick, and Summer gets away with everything because her problems generally wind up annoying or interfering with Rick's day.

Jerry is beyond fucked, both in universe and from a writing standpoint

She put herself through school while raising a kid, I assume this means jerry handled the payment of everything else like the house and all that. She's been a surgeon for quite a while

I used to disagree with the whole female writers and Dan ruining the show thing but now I'm not so sure.

He came up with a shitty pitch because Rick erased his original idea to fuck with him.

Who else here didn't find this funny? I just felt sorry for him.

We don't even know if he actually broke up with Summer over boobs or if that's just a crazy excuse an emotionally wrecked Summer brought up.

Plus we've seen this guy have a hard life. His brother raped him as a kid, Rick put an amusement park inside of him. Outside of some anger issues that the show makes it clear stems from being raped, he's never shown as a bad guy.

And even if he really did break up with Summer because she had small tits, that's still nowhere near as bad as Summer running away and fucking/marrying a dude for a month.

>I perfectly understand the lived experience of other classes, races and genders

Fuck off Sup Forums no one wants you here

Silly user, only beta guys (nice guys like this guy and Jerry) get to suffer long term this season. You should have known that.

Post your face when the third tape is Doofus Rick

>What if this guy didn't actually do anything wrong?

Nearly 100% of the people who get killed, hurt, or fucked with in this show only have bad things happen to them because they get in the way of Rick and his family. The great majority of them are just innocent bystanders.

I feel bad for Jerry mostly because, while he's pathetic and a little manipulative, he's not a sociopath like the other main characters, yet they get away with pretty much everything they do.

>he thinks Roiland has any sympathy for Jerry

Roiland is a leashed animal. If he had his way, Rick would assert dominance over Jerry through an entire episode of bare anal rape.

He didn't have development, he never has development. He exists to be shit.

Rick is hoping for him to get better, starting in the rick & jerry s3 episode, and in the after credits scene in the most recent one with the triple boobed alien

I assume that was temporary. I think morty would have made him normal again after a bit. Overly harsh, but reversible. Morty was just showing off for summer, because he wants to be her protector and lover. Besides, morty would totally feel guilt or have nightmares of him or fear revenge, or something. Morty is often makes bad decisions based on instinct, like with that robodoll thing or intentionally trying to shoot rick when he didnt know the gun was fake

>Morty was just showing off for summer, because he wants to be her protector and lover.

Knocking up a high schooler is fairly uncharacteristically chad like behaviour for jerry actually.

Honestly after The ABCs of Beth it wouldn't surprise me at all if she got pregnant just to trap him.

And the show will still make him look like the bad guy.

pyfw it's from when he took over the world

Elaborate?

What's with this facial expression? What would that look like in real life?

pursed lips/pouting

I feel like they should've just killed him off entirely and not even have him make an appearance ever again.

>Remember that girl who commit suicide after being cyber bullied and it turned out She been the one sending herself the messages?
oh what, i didn’t hear about this

The problem is Men cant be Men anymore, Every interaction with a female can be retconned as rape/abuse/sexism/chauvinism at the drop of a hat. If youre a guy you have to turn yourself into nonthreatening jello pudding just to avoid jail/public character assassination. But when you do that girls hate it too becuase they hate that kind of guy they want a proper dom to sweep them off thier feet. But then you run the risk of the above. So with no options left guys who want to stay out of trouble just give up and beome jerrys.

A symptom of autism is not being able to recognize a joke when you see one.

It's also a symptom of hearing bad jokes. The similarities can lead to much confusion.

>The problem is Men cant be Men anymore
Whoever believes this isn't a man.
A man knows he can do whatever the fuck he wants no matter what anyone says.

>The writers literally admitted they have no idea what to do with Jerry,
Really? What interview?

I never said it was a good joke, but the confusion here derives from the intention of the communication. A fart is not social commentary. It's just a fart. Which, like doodoo, comes from a butt.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

sure thing chief

I was commenting on people putting more thought into this show about fart jokes than the writers.

Jerry's character works if you see it as him being the only sane man in a family of psychopaths. Remember the season 2 finale, when Jerry points out that Rick

>abandoned Beth for decades
>constantly ruins their lives
>almost never does anything for anyone but himself
>will drag everyone in the family into dangerous situations forever to satisfy his own whims

And the family just gets angry at Jerry for pointing this out? Even Morty, who has seen Rick literally mutate an entire planet for shits and giggles? They're monsters.

*And hell, Rick puts Jerry's children's lives in danger on an almost-daily basis, and kidnaps Jerry's son for days, if not weeks, at a time. Beth is completely fine with it, and somehow Jerry is the bad guy for hating Rick.

Jerry is basically Frank Grimes from the Simpsons, if Grimes was there every single episode.

do you not remember the christmas episode where Jerry's parents brought the young black guy they openly admitted to being in a sexual relationship with? Or was it just the grandmother and while her husband watched.

Jerry was designed to be the punching bag, stop pretending he's something else.

Jerry needs to die now!!!

>beta male
>racist
>sexist

I'll give you the first one, but how was Jerry racist and sexist in ABC's of Beth?

He was weirded out by his alien waifu's funny head

thats a great way to end up in jail or dead or figuratively burned at the steak. try that on a college campus and you would basically be slaughtered. rick has techno magic to get away with his shit and even come out out of it as the good guy somehow. that shit dosent work in real life.

A man is still a man in jail. A man that dies a man is a man forever.
If you want stupid shit that'll get you in legal trouble, then maybe you're a stupid man.
But at the end of the day, a man's gotta do what a man does.

A man that's strong enough to allow himself to be subdued is the biggest man of all. These types are beasts and only beasts get caged.

Holy shit get off the internet once in a while.

She's a different species. That's speciest if anything.

The problem is the show is constantly blasting in your face "don't be a Jerry , be a Rick!" but in real life the social climate it's completely the opposite. Especially when all it takes us a few tears and a phony police report to destroy your life.

>constantly blasting in your face "don't be a Jerry , be a Rick!"

Not really. Being the Jerry still gets you nowhere. No matter how harmless and stable you are. People like alphas and that's what Rick is. Still though, the accusations and insults that SHOULD be directed at Ricks (manipulative, sexist, ETC) get directed at us Jerrys.

>bullying
He's a cartoon character.

fantasy species are called races so it counts.