Critter Coven

Florence's message has gone to heart. Or, at least, to gizzard.

Some world-building info's also up, with more to come.

Man, if it's this easy I guess I should make a comic about fuzzy animal people.

>explaining your anthropomorphism

Why do creators feel the need to do this? Especially when it's irrelevant to the plot.

>calling your character "furries"
Other than that, probably the best ever lore that explains why furries exist.

eh, I still prefer Endtown's

It's important to note they're all the same species and they're all mammalian. For reasons.

"magic mutated humans" is less satisfying to me than "magic evolution"

This. The animals are abstractions meant to more directly and obviously differentiate and characterize individuals. You don't need to explain them any more than you need to explain why one character has straight hair and another has curly hair.

Ah, featherie preg. Say no more.

i think it's more satisfying when your species is randomized giving birth and it creates a constant mental dissonance in those that were human forced to live their lives as cartoon animals in a post-apocolypse
shit it's best arc was the milk trial because a cow woman was using her milk to make cakes and produce cheese

It's a writing quirk that's easy to fall into: building an entire world is daunting, and in an attempt to flesh out the world as you see it without resorting to repeating "it just works", filling in any possible plot hole with lore caulk works as a quick and easy fix. Tolkien's got a hand in that, as does the modern comic audience's direct line to the creators at all times to ask asinine questions with little thought, effort, or individual creativity.

There'll always be that one fan wondering how a ratbird's balls work, but if you ask me it's not necessary to explain it with a medical chart, complete with states of arousal.

Yeah basically.
Except they also let you skip stereotypes if you like. Abstractions inform the audience of elements while allowing them to interpret others.

That's one thing I don't 100% get about Critter Coven's plans to flesh characters out with character sheets: the artist does abstraction pretty well. You can tell what each character thinks, does, or acts like from a single screencap from any comic page or piece of concept art. Heck, even the goat's controversy could be gleaned from the comic itself.

The only thing I think a character page could help with is learning some more things outside of the comic, like what pizza joint Rosie frequents or where Florence gets her wiccan supplies from. That, or answering lingering fan questions like "is burd a transwoman too??".

People always go for the genitals because they aren't getting any, but some factoids ARE important, what they eat, how they produce food, how they evolved to do such and the kind of societies they would need to develop(the importance of land, weather, labor, etc), their sleep cycles, reproductive habits, life spans special senses that would aid them in developing different branches of technology, social brain structures, etc, they all change your story radically with only a little tweaking.

Those things are important for stuff like a novel about a whole community or a role playing game. A comic about a few animal people should not be expected to answer any of those questions simply because the characters are anthropomorphic. They CAN answer them, but most stories really have no business doing so and page space is a far more valuable commodity in comics than anywhere else.

I'm not sure we're going to get birbpreg.

because the birb is pure, obviously

Slut

Because the author is a furry and he (she?) neeeeeeds to live out her characters through fiction.

She and yes.
Character sheets are for people who want to role play and fantasize more than tell a story.

She spent a whole relationship not jumping nubile goat bones. Hell, she didn't even see nude goat.

PURE

She takes dick every time she's off panel.

SLUT

>Those things are important for stuff like a novel about a whole community or a role playing game. A comic about a few animal people should not be expected to answer any of those questions simply because the characters are anthropomorphic

well not ALL of them, but introducing a fun quirk to the world and having a relatively interesting answer to why never hurts.

the trick is not going full magical realm and sidetrack your narrative.

Key word is "expected."

You can answer some, all or none of these questions. All are valid methods of writing a story.

>off-panel in the Coven house
>no dicks to be found

Did she bring her own?

Yes.
She brought a boy toy, who is also off panel.

I wonder how Ink and Arepo are holding up?

Autism. When it comes to anything, autistic people need an explanation of why or how things work before they start to grasp any concept or idea. Thus when world building, Autists start explaining things to an insane degree to justify everything and make things feel more concrete in their imagination.

Fuck look at how much Tolkein wrote about his setting.

She is deleting her weasyl (and fa ebook) accounts. So stock up while you can because she is probably gonna start deleting them one by one.

There isn't anything unique on the Weasyl you can't find on her DA or FA, so that's not a big loss.

I don't know anything cuter than this comic