Jean Grey and Emma Frost. How would you describe their relationship?

Jean Grey and Emma Frost. How would you describe their relationship?

Why doesnt jean just fuck emma instead of ruining every mans life

Rivals

Antagonist, with mutual understanding

Secret lovers

Cucker and Cuckee

Fire and Ice.

mutual respect, mutual envy, almost frenemies

Jean would be the powerful tennis player with the huge serve and forehand, Emma would be a weaker one that relies of skill, finesse, intelligence, tricks, and affecting the psychology of the rival (frustration, anger, chking etc), but would reluctantly recognize Jean is better.

Jean has saved Emma's life at least 3 times. The first time when almost all the Hellions got killed, the other 2 in Morrison's run.

Jean, like her husband, could do with Emma's realism grounding her.

Jean put Emma back together after she shattered. They have an...understanding. they aren't friends though.

Jean is shit and should only serve to be a sub for Emma

They're both horrible, toxic, intensely emotionally manipulative people who would be much happier ruining each other's lives than anyone else's.

>tons of plastic surgery and a completely invented British persona, darling

The mutual respect and understanding of two women who understand , no matter the over-the-top powers, nothing will help them advance better than a pair of rocking jugs.

Scott should just fuck Kitty

Hatefuck

>invented British persona

Whoever first latched onto this as a thing should just die.

I mean, how did it even start? She wouldn't have a fake British accent. Emma's a Boston Brahmin. She'd have a posh midatlantic accent (which is almost nonexistent at this point, but was still around to a degree when she was created). Sure, idiots have been confusing upperclass non-rhotic American dialects as British for ages, but Emma's only ever had a handful of appearances in media where she'd have an audible voice at all.

Of course Brian and Betsy Braddock must have natural upper-class British English (Brian went to Fettes and I assume Betsy went to some girls' equivalent). Do you think Betsy still has that accent in her new body? Do you think Emma is ever jealous of it?

>Do you think Emma is ever jealous of it?

I doubt it. Like I said, the whole fake British thing is retarded to begin with. Emma'd sound more like Bette Davis or something. I just choose to believe anyone in a comic who comments on her "fake British accent" is the kind of moron who thinks Kelsey Grammer is from England.

Incidentally, Beast is from northern Illinois, so his cultured speech is certainly far more of a verbal affectation than Emma's.

I always headcannoned that Emma, while young and insecure, just telepathically stole a british accent. If you put it in the context of her mini series it kinda makes sense, i mean she had plastic surgery and breast implants why not just telepathically make yourself british. She hates her family and her upbringing, i know plenty of people that adopt new accents in order to distance themselves from their past. She would do that

One is a generic upperclass WASP woman and the other is up there with Ultron when it comes to genocide.

>i mean she had plastic surgery and breast implants why not just telepathically make yourself british.
Always found this series of implications a bit illogical. If Emma could affect any impression telepathically why even bother with surgery that would require upkeep?

While not as informed on regional accents as that other another I have to agree with his general line of thought in that trying to stack on Emma conventional manners of superficiality to the commoner only comes off itself as superficial and clueless. Not a good look for a series about accepting and respecting people for who they are.

You don't get it. She hates her upbringing and actively created a new persona for herself, one that she feels is her true self. She adopted a different way of talking as part of it.

Also she needs to actually adopt that way of speaking cause it would be stupid if she changed into diamond and suddenly talked different

The Boston Brahmin thing is just a bit out of date. I'm not sure what the equivalent is in modern-day America.

How will Jean react to this?

Well, the Boston elite are still a thing. The accent is just a historical artifact that only really exists in the theatre (and it's on its last legs there too) as no one is really schooled to speak in it anymore.

It's a pity really. I've always found it rather pleasant sounding. You run into the occasional speaker, but most of them affect it deliberately rather than speak it naturally.

It is interesting in that even though it's nearly extinct, we still automatically code it as the default for upperclass and intellectual characters. I'm sure that's because of the first few decades of Hollywood film being filled with theatre actors.

She might actually be completely natural now, since Jean and Beast rebuilt her.
I don't think anyone in the decade since has thought about that in-comics though

That seems like a parody panel

You mean Rogue

Never seen the two in the same room.

>She hates her upbringing
Her upbringing being a wealthy Bostonian . This attempt to craft Emma as putting on airs is ignoring that she comes from a society of people putting on airs.

The best part of Emma is that she acknowledges and embraces her hypocrisy

It's not her being a hypocrite but it's you missing the point entirely. She's not faking a British accent like Madonna, she just has a mid-atlantic accent because she's comes from a wealthy new england family.

>those pants
The whole family were Anglophiles.

and then they switch to the present

Emma is a self made woman

Who was in the wrong here?

>She might actually be completely natural now
she is.

Jean for getting in the way of true love.

Emma is loving it because she loves playing with fire

Is there a word for loving danger?

Thrill-seeker?

Adrenaline junkie.

yes, but it's more like she knows she is going to get completely bitch slapped, perhaps left in coma or catatonic state, but cant help doing it.

Like you see a lion sleeping, and you go put your finger in his butt.

Probably a bit of a masochistic streak to go with the adrenaline.

i always read a more suicide by psychic fire goddess vibe.

Enemies with benefits.

There is only one answer, fire and ice.

Sexy lesbians

Sexy

whores in heat

Cumdumpsters.