Why is black hero with electric powers so common

Why is black hero with electric powers so common
I get why people would think twice about making the speedsters but how did electricity become the go to power

Help me to clean up the South Side and I tell ya.

because benjamin franklin was black, ya dunce.

Black people shocking

In their pants.

Because the color combination of electric blue on brown looks good.

Look at them. Nearly all of them have the exact same color combinations in their suits.

Black Lightning was the first
He has rights issues so he has like 2-3 expies
Static was a homage to him and Spider man, making him black electric Spider man
And Black Lightning has two daughters
And with Storm, lightning is one of the more aesthetically pleasing thing to draw while also being one of the more powerful forces of nature

And basically you were Black Lightning, an expy or homage to Black Lightning, or related to Black Lightning.
And now it's just a thing.

This and the fact that people are just damned lazy.

Black heroes get electric powers in one way or another thanks to Black Lightning. Japanese superheroes usually get solar or radiation-based powers. Native Americans get mystical spirit or animal powers.

Would it hurt for comic writers to just flip a dice or something to give random powers or attributes to an ethnic person?

And white guys get powers from science experiments.

>Native Americans get mystical spirit or animal powers.
>Forges mutant power is intuitive technical genius
>but he's also a spirit summoning shaman just because and it has nothing to do with being a mutant
I think the last native character that was just a guy without all the mystical shit was Turok son of stone in the 50s

Color contrast

You have to admit that electrokinesis is a cool and very versatile power to have. About the only white guy I can think of with them is Electro and hes a damn joke

I always thought it was just the color contrast between a dark hero and blue lightning powers. It looks good.

Does Blaqualad even have electric powers in the comics? Isn't it just hydrokinesis? also Storm doesn't exclusively use electric powers.

They are all punk ass bitches compared to Bee.

Honestly this

Cause it's cool.

It's really not, just the meme causes a confirmation bias so people are more aware of black heroes with electric powers and then think they make up a disproportionate amount.
Doesn't help that like the most famous one has electric powers, well technically she doesn't have electric powers but rather her powers include lightning but are just a small part of the full scope of her powers.

>my spiderman is black
>my electro is black
What did that one rapper who rapped about spiderman being black in a Co thread a while ago mean by this

Would a black guy with water powers work?

He do

He's right in the OP.

you're thinking of benjamin franklin carver

AFTER he got struck by lighning

Only way to use the lightning-motif suits from where they were created as speedsters?

What about YJ aqua lad and that one making the force field. Speaking of that kid. Wasn't he in the avengers movie. Isn't he black panthers kid ?

>What about YJ aqua lad
He was primarily a water manipulator
>and that one making the force field. Speaking of that kid. Wasn't he in the avengers movie. Isn't he black panthers kid ?
He's Storm's son

Cause all black people want is power.

That one XMan just hangs out and protects Phoenix, AZ. Don't think there's much mystical about him.

That he has a hard-on for the Ultimate universe

Part of it is two of those are basically the same character: Black Vulcan and Black Lightning.

Blaqualad and Storm don't have "lightning powers", lightning is just something they can do with their powers.

Static is one of dozens of black characters created for Milestone. When you're creating a whole bunch of superheros, odds are you're gonna have at least one with electric powers.

So the "trend" is really just a meme and conveniently ignores all the white people with electric powers and the black characters without electric powers.

Do you mean Warpath?

Because when the graves of his people and his dead brother were disturbed their animal spirits created a Demon Bear and he teamed up with Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider taught him a Ghost Dance that let him fight evil spirits and he ended up killing Selene in Necrosha with a magical knife

Because it's the only way black people can have power.

>Village of primarily black people
>They specialize in Lightning Style