Why did US animation go to shit after Nagasaki?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall
youtu.be/-YDO8HR_2Xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wikipedia is your friend.

>To save time and money.

japs stole our animation powers as revenge

After nuking them unnecessarily we deserve it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

Honestly, I can't believe how well-animated that old Superman cartoon was.
youtu.be/-YDO8HR_2Xg

Still a better and more ethical decision than committing terrorism and killing civilians.

its not terrorism if you are a state who has mutually declared war with another state. I didn't make that rule, but it exists

No it factually fucking wasn't.
A invasion would have killed over a million of them including civilians forced into service and civilians who killed themselves & their families to avoid dishonor.
Just a blockade would have starved more civilians then were killed by the bomb many times over.

That would have resulted in millions more dad civilians.

dead civilians

a lot of reasons.

>cartoons becoming a kids medium
>moral crisis every other decade where kids are a risk, limiting the amount of creativity in said medium.
>Cartoons becoming a 30-minute commercials to sell products and nothing more.
>the shift into digital animation cause a lot of animate to go for simpler designs because its easier to produce.

Not to mention the potential of the USSR demanding to occupy part of the country, leading to a North and South Japan situation and the resultant 45 years of suffering like East Germany. It could last even longer if North Japan took after North Korea and outlasted the USSR.

I doubt it went to shit directly after. Most likely a slow decline as animation began to be outsourced. My guess is when animation was only in the US companies had a vested interest in improving animation quality (since there's a limit to how cheaply you can pay the animators). With the advent of cheap outsourcing there was no longer pressure to improve the medium.

I took an animation history course so I guess I'm at least a little bit qualified to answer this.

Animations were originally only a few minutes long. These were pretty easy to finance. A lot of them actually delt with pretty dark subject matter with jokes about infidelity and suicide and the like, and for a while animations were considered pretty much for adults only. This would be late 1800s and very early 1900s.

Naturally the medium started to get bigger, and once Disney hit the jackpot with Snow White (first successful full length animated movie) a lot of other imitators wanted in.

Animation is risky and expensive, naturally a lot of producers went with the lowest risk option, which was very cheap animation (very cheap, some of those old cartoons would have like 10-20 frames of animation total), which could only be targeted for very, very young children who wouldn't care at all about technical quality.

More than half a century of that being the go-to for animation that isn't from Disney or Looney Tunes, which had very little if any telivised programming until late in the 20th century and mostly stayed in the theatres, and the stigma of cartoons being for kids had become pretty solidified.

After that, the shortcuts allowed from digital animation would eventually put the nail in the coffin for the quality of animation for the recently resurrected genre of adult animation as well.

>what is convection

are you saying our animation skill convected into Japan?

America got cocky.

This thread really got derailed

>millions dead in the invasion
>all of Korea and half of Japan conquered by the Soviets
>North Japan possibly lasting until this day, like North Korea in our timeline
You have a severely fucked up idea of what's moral.

After Bataan they should count them selves lucky they weren’t back Retribution tenfold.

Even if the invasion killed less people, the japs deserved the nukes for thier warcrimes