Torture episodes where the victim deserves it

Torture episodes where the victim deserves it

I mean, pretty much every "chase" cartoon, except maybe one or two "Roadrunner & Coyote" shorts

That episode was very satisfying to watch

How to tell an episode is going to be great: it opens up with the name C.H. Greenblatt
>inb4 Enter calls I'm With Stupid and atrocity

Spongebob literally did nothing wrong and the Strangler wanted strangle the guy just for reporting him to the police, which is the right thing to do on Spongebob's part.

Exactly. I can't think of a better character to do the spiky cleats gag on.

I think OP is referring to the Strangler being the victim, user.

That shit with the cleats was probably the closest I ever got to developing a dedicated fear of eye horror as a kid.

I dunno if it counts as torture but he definitely deserved it

That and pic related were so fun to watch

I'm too lazy to Google it, which one was I'm with stupid?
I'm probably going to agree that it's a good episode, but I'm drawing a blank

I think that's the one where Spongebob pretends to be stupid so Patrick won't look bad in front of his parents.

Oh good lord if that's the episode then anyone who says it's a mediocre episode is probably a communist and an autist

Patrick's parents are in town and always treat him like he's an idiot, so Spongebob pretends to be stupid to make Patrick look better in comparison. Then Patrick starts to actually believe that he's stupid.

It opens with one of the best bait and switch jokes ever made.
>I got this note

It's all rushing back to me
>But turn it over, there's a letter on the back!

That shit with the cleats was probably the closest I ever got to laughing to death at a family-friendly cartoon.

DW getting punched

>inb4 Enter calls I'm With Stupid an atrocity
Literally how

Some of my favorite cartoon humor is sudden design changes for the sake of a joke. It gets me when Spongebob is suddenly wearing giant spiky cleats and I'm not exactly sure why.

SPONGEBOB'S LOOKING AT THE WRONG SIDES TO MAKE THIS JOKE WORK REEEEEEEEEEEE

It's funny how well the early seasons of Spongebob understood that causing constant suffering to someone for the entirety of an episode is only funny if they're the bad guy, compared to the later seasons.

>muh mean spirited

You faggots are obsessed.

This. Also, sometimes the early seasons really were unfair to certain characters and it was fucking hilarious how audacious it was.
>Spongebob rides past Squidward on a seahorse, makes a crack about how Squidward still has to use a bike
>Squidward decides to be the bigger person and not respond
>his bike jams and he falls down a cliff painfully
>then he explodes for absolutely no reason
That might be my favorite scene in the show. The explosion just makes it perfect.

Yeah, that's a great moment. Something the later seasons would've taken too far. Like Squidward would develop Syphilis halfway down the cliff.

It's too bad the has been improving. I wanted to submit my own plot, where Squidward's mom dies. Patrick, being Patrick, doesn't understand it and asks stupid questions like "Can you fix her?", to which Spongebob gives stupid answers to, annoying Squidward. Most of the episode is Squidward trying to participate in the funeral but Spongebob and Patrick's antics keep interrupting everything. Eventually people start laughing at them, which pisses Squidward off.

The episode ends with Squidward somehow being knocked into the casket and buried with his mother. Spongebob makes some accidentally crack about "I hope Squidward is getting some much needed rest" and the episode ends with a shot of Mrs. Tentacles tombstone while you hear Squidward's muffled screams.

I just want to know how far that episode could have gotten before being shot down. If it got shot down at all.

what the fuck no one would ever even consider that

If you want another cartoon that gets that comedy dynamic right, Wander over Yonder is a good contender of where Hater, the villain, receives the suffering.

>One Coarse Meal

jfc I could totally see that being a post movie ep

Because Patrick is mean.

>I just want to know how far that episode could have gotten before being shot down. If it got shot down at all.

>"A shot of the tombstone? That's terrible! The last shot should be Squidward begging for help, then he gets bumped into his Mom's face, then he gets maggots all over him!"

That fake synopsis is creepy in a way the Squidward's suicide tried and failed to be.

>Torture episodes that we deserved but never got

>get back to work, Mr. Squidward

You should make this into a creepypasta user. Both more entertaining and dark then 95% of creepypasta's where it's just "Popular character looks directly into the camera with bleeding eyes and little Jimmy was never seen again".

Thanks! That's awesome to hear since that was what I was aiming for. Squidward being downright bullied in such a cruel way in the original pasta is actually fairly believable but the suicide part makes it blatantly unrealistic, along with the dead kids. Which is fine, but I would have preferred if it could actually pass as an urban legend and not just a ghost story.

Granted, mine is ridiculous too, but I don't think it's too far off from what actual episodes we've gotten. I was aiming for a slight sense of plausibility.

I've thought about it, but that's very encouraging. What's a good title for the episode? "Casket Case"?

Maybe Grave Mistake

>muh mean spirited

idk if this interests you at all, but Spongebob Squarepants the musical insinuates that Squidward's mom really is dead

That is interesting. And unnecessary of them. Krabs mother is alive still, why not Mrs. Tentacles? It's like they're singling him out.

Wait, I can't remember the exact dialogue when Spongebob says "Squidward's father never hugged him". Does Squidward respond with "my father loved me very much" or "loves me very much"? Is his father dead, too? Fucker can't even catch a break in Season 3.

Squidward's mother isn't dead, she shown up a few times, I pretty sure she was in pretty recent episode too.

No yeah she's alive in the show. the musical is an alternate universe. it has to be because it depicts spongebob becoming manager in a much different way than the movie

You stink!

deepest lore

>alternate universe
Continuity in the show is so sporadic and unpredictable. It's weird when they suddenly care about keeping consistency when they're more than happy to rewrite everyone's backstories constantly.

I mean they don't actually use the words alternate universe or timeline or anything. But it's an adaptation, and just in general they change some stuff. like some of the plot and characters are different than the show. like for example in the musical Bikini bottom's mayor is this lady they added for the play and not the dude from the show. And things like Mr. Krabs wanting Pearl to be the manager instead of Squidward, and Bikini Bottom being at right below a giant volcano.

He has autism and a low IQ

i think i remember that they made his mom dead in the musical is because they want him to be more intentionally sympathetic. i guess it works, cause in the show he's trying to achieve stardom before the end of the world

I'd say Tom didn't deserve most of the shit he went through in Tom and Jerry. Though he wasn't exactly a saint

I'd say neither of them are blameless or innocent

They're both kinda dicks, although I guess Tom's endgame was more... final than Jerry's