youtube.com/watch?v=A8_WBqpdu2g
youtube.com/watch?v=PTUSuvjiUZw
youtube.com/watch?v=-lOr3NdeUMQ
youtu.be/tX4k9b1JLlk?t=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Checkmate fucker.

JUST

Fucking this.

the beast was generic as fuck, the only thing that makes him memorable is how ominous he was presented because his true form was never shown for more than 3 seconds

This
Soundwave superior, other villains inferior.

You know it shit like this that make people start hating stuff.

the odd thing about him was that he was just there and evil.
not played for jokes, no deep character, just a creepy threat.
You don't get this often in todays kids stories

maybe not better, but I really like the character of Gideon. Better than fucking Bill Cipher ever was.

HE'S THE GREATEST

Bill didn't really have much character compared to him. I blame it on performance
Gideon had a much better performance to him than Bill

booyah first post best post

IN THE GALAXY

This guy is cool.

shits weak bro

Oh come on, we all know who was the REAL villain of Over the Garden Wall

What's up with villains being the best part of most shows?

Cobra fucking Commander

Slade.

Overrated, style-over-substance villain.

There, I said it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hr4knvNNgtU

But can the motherfucker sing?

youtube.com/watch?v=wKlf0k4zY5g

Have a woman cover
youtube.com/watch?v=A8_WBqpdu2g

maybe not the "best" cartoon villain but definitely the most entertaining

>no deep character
I mean, that depends on how deep you read into it, tons of theories surround this guy as being a representation of suicide.

What the fuck is a beast?

What toon is this

>style over substance
Jake wasn't the primary antagonist, he was the primary threat but there was a higher antagonist than him. For a Western, that's the most valuable type of villain. Jake was the black hat that the villain employed. Jake is the physical threat, the mayor was the ideological threat.

That was kinda the point. It was the fear of the unknown (haha) that made him memorable.

/thread

here

Wakfu. Watch it. Season 3 is airing now.

No thanks I don't like anime

This show knows how to write fucking villains

>Wakfu
>anime

What I came to post

This desu, look into the themes of the episodes. They basically snuck a kid friendly version of Dante's Inferno on to Cartoon Network, the madmen.

Oooo you love my Ha ho hah!

I mean, it's actually french. Like code lyoko.

But your loss I guess.

Speaking of code lyoko xana was an interesting villain. Lots to be said about him, but I think he had the best villain theme ever. Gave me goosebumps as a kid whenever it started playing.

not enough oil in this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=hr4knvNNgtU

Wakfu isn't an anime. It's a french cartoon. Anime is Japanese cartoons. You shouldn't just base your opinion on if you like it or not just because a different country made it. You'll miss out on a lot of things that you might have ended up enjoying!

I honestly love it. Some people stop early on because it's mostly episodic (adventures) after the 2nd episode or so; but it starts back up again after episode 15-16. Also, it's all animated in flash; and it still looks amazing.

But I mean, if you still wanna stay with not liking something that you might like without even giving it a try, then go ahead I guess. Your loss. Just thought I'd try to encourage you to expand your horizons a bit.

An unstoppable collective of null energy beings hellbent on annihilating all life. For fun!

youtube.com/watch?v=PTUSuvjiUZw

My horizons are small and I prefer it that way

t. narrow minded brainlet

Wow. If you're really that user, I feel sad for you

Even in otherwise bad shows they can be pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=-lOr3NdeUMQ

That's great. Keep the rest of us outside your horizon, too, and stop posting here.

Has the Lich ever not gone out like an asshole

Nothing to do with suicide, The Beast is literally Lucifer or at least his shadow.

The beast is The Unknown

*blocks your path*

>the only thing that makes him memorable is how ominous he was presented
His voice probably played big part desu. Plus probably my favorite villain line ever.

>"Do you really want to go back to that empty house?!"

I don't know why it toke this long for someone to post him.

>has the power to make the main character feel like a cuck
that's spooky stuff man

OP lost in the first post.
Nothing gets my cock harder than the "It's bigger than all of us, we see it to the end" villain.

I'll argue that Brain was the best. Dude had his eyes on the prize with world conquest

No I can't, you have won this one user.

This story sounds like Warcraft 3 to me.

>Name a cartoon villain better than the Beast
>Pro-tip: you can't

Honestly, that's really subjective. Do you mean most interesting as a character, funniest, most entertaining, most complex/compelling, best evil plan, smartest, scariest/most threatening, cutest, most unique, most memorable, best contrast/challenge to the protagonist, best character arc, coolest looking/coolest powers, most powerful, hardest to defeat, etc.?

The Beast is just a symbol of giving up/depression, and so death, like a lot of fairy tale figures are. There aren't many characters I'm less interested in than the Beast because there's nothing else to him. He didn't really have clever plans, he just was. He was easy to defeat.

But his voice actor did a good job, his style was good. So in some areas, he comes up really short, in others he excels. I can't really compare and contrast him against villains who are compelling human characters with complex motivations and fascinating because of that, or who are great because they're hilarious, or anything.

At most these kinds of threads ("name a better...") only turn into a board circle jerk just like discussions on other sites with circle jerk that site's very different pet favorite characters, anyway. Just a meme consensus. Lots of places would probably say Maleficent or Cruella de Ville or some other classic cartoon villain, not a recent mini-series bad guy.

Seriously. Everyone else in this thread should be ashamed of themselves.

There was one more aspect of why he was a good villain. By a kids cartoon standards he was utterly terrifying.

Where is it from ?

Over the Garden Wall

>The Beast is just a symbol of giving up/depression, and so death, like a lot of fairy tale figures are. There aren't many characters I'm less interested in than the Beast because there's nothing else to him. He didn't really have clever plans, he just was. He was easy to defeat.

No he is not, The beast is literally Lucifer or at least his shadow it's a reference to The Divine Comedy, where the devil use his shadow to displace himself through his reign and that's because The Beast die when you turn off his lantern because there can't be a shadow when there is no light.

This isn't an action story that's because he seems to be easy of defeat, he isn't someone who burst planets with his infinite powers but a more resilent villian, a corrupting entity who can give black magic to the witches and create monsters of simple animals. (Black turtles are his thing)

He is supposed to be strong, he has never been defeated (apparently he commit a mistake and he drop his lantern that was when the Woodsman took it) and he has become limited since he lost his lantern, of course that is easy kill him when you his life in your hands.

But I can say many things about Azula. She is a character with any real goal to accomplish and her only reason to make the things that she do is "I am monster I was born like one", there is not any really deep character in her or background. She is just "crazy"

This is what a REAL villain looks like.

>Season 3 is airing now.
Season 3's been over for weeks.

youtu.be/tX4k9b1JLlk?t=2

>Having flashback from the movie
Yeah he wasn't that great

[20 minutes

Both of them sucks, but I prefer Bill. Gideon was annoying and boring.

>Spends an entire movie whining and eating ice cream
>Beast

LET'S BLOW UP THE OCEAN!

I should rewatch OTGW, it was so nice

Bill Cosby

>She is just "crazy"

She's actually just a hurt girl who only wants to be loved.

Probably because Season 5 ruined him, and not because of the voice.

My favorite show, I hope we get some more Copy Cat next season... And Red Death.

>A villain so successful literally only time travel could undo the damage he wrought upon the world(s)

>there is not any really deep character in her or background. She is just "crazy"

Scrapper etc. etc. but I think the show explored why Azula was like she was, and it made sense, not her just being a monster.

his nemesis was a literal toddler that just fucked off for like a thousand years or something there was nothing in his way

If your villain isn't at least passable, nothing else can save an action show. Also they tend to be fun to write because you can make them say all sorts of stupid shit.

I never said that the Beast was a bad villain, just that "the best animated villain" is always a silly claim to make, for example

>The beast is literally Lucifer

Arguably there have been animation that has represented this better before. There are a lot of criteria here which is why there's no animated villain so mind-blowing in execution that most people just agree they are the "best" whatever that is. Some people greatly prefer ambiguous and human villains and see them as more relevant to the world. It depends.

can someone label those characters?

She was never a monster.

>No thanks I don't watch a Anime
>Post an Anime reaction pic

Anyone that actually does something

He was a generic world-domination dude that was only elevated by rape analogies and Ron Perlman.

His first time was legitimately good, the fact that he was weakened to start off with made it much more believable that Finn could beat him.

>This pic makes you you remember when dark and gritty scooby doo was a thing

Now Chernabog is true definition of overrated.

Why?

such a good song

Not him but I can explain it to you.

Because he is not a character and he don't have a single dialogue, he is just a piece of animation with background music. Fantasia as a whole was an economic failure in its times.

He is just a bunch of effects there is nothing in that creature to call him a good representation of Lucifer.

Then... what is that reason again?

No, she is not, she is just a bad person who sometimes ask herself why everyone hate her or are scare of her... Then she remembers that they do it because she is a bitch with everyone around of her. "Even mom thought that I was a monster... she was right but it hurts :)"