Is Homer the worst Sup Forums related father?

Is Homer the worst Sup Forums related father?

Peters worse

No

It's not that I don't understand. It's just that I don't care.

He's not even the worst father in the Simpsons family.

no

this tbqh fambalam

Homer's an idiot and kind of an asshole, but he usually genuinely cares about his kids and would kill himself for them. Sure, just loving isn't enough to be a good parent, but several future episodes show his kids turn out relatively alright, so at the end of the day how bad can he really be?

I hope you die. I hope we both die

/thread

>fought in ww1 as a kid
>fought in ww2
>was a marine, air force and navy veteran
>was a pro wrestler
this motherfucker had no time to raise his son, he was to busy living life and shit

That's an excuse explaining why he was a bad father, it doesn't mean he was a good one.

Honestly, the best I can say for Homer is that at least he hasn’t injured any of his kids personally.

>he hasn’t injured any of his kids
>WHY YOU LITTLE

Okay, retracted.

He is, but even Peter loves his family. Neither Homer nor Peter are anywhere close to the worst.

>Peter loves his family
Didn't he once admit he hated his kid?

He's not even the worst animated sitcom father.

Early Homer or modern Homer?

Early Homer is a great Dad. Modern Homer is a bumbling retard but still loves his kids and tries to do right by them most of the time.

Homer is short tempered, but Bart is a fucking nightmare, so I don't blame him.
Homer makes mistakes, but tries his hardest to make up for them if he hurts his family, and he does way more for them than they ever try to do for him.

There are 4 distinct eras of Homer's personality
Ullman- angry towards his children, relatively smart (no)
Golden- dumb, somewhat destructive, a foil to Marge's clean nature but they still love each other (yeah)
Jerkass- incredibly dumb and destructive, doesn't learn lessons, sometimes bullies Bart more than the bullies at school (no)
Modern- an inbalanced combination of all 3 depending on what era of the show the writers had been rewatching (meh)

someone post that comic where Bobby Hill is a couples therapist for Bart and Chris from Family Guy.

>Peter loves his family
In the original run, maybe.

think on the bright side. he taught her an important lesson: life will fuck you and the best take it while rest run.

This.
Usually it seems they want you to feel sorry for how Grandpa is treated by the family but every time they show him as a father to Homer he's ALWAYS a complete piece of shit.

Jerkass homer was called that because he a being a selfish prick who demanded his way in a lot of scully era episodes. Even made a bomb threat because he didn't like that he had to remember area codes in one episode.

These

Peter callously fucks over his family so consistently that I can't believe he actually cares about them. Homer almost never intentionally hurts his family, he's just an idiot.

More Sup Forums than Sup Forums but...

>this motherfucker had no time to raise his son, he was to busy living life and shit

This is the definition of being a bad father.

I think you got your answers backward, user. The question is whether Homer is the worst Sup Forums father, so your yeahs/nos should be reversed.

Grandpa is consistently shown to be a much, much worse father than Homer. As said above, Homer is dumb/selfish but ultimately genuinely loving. When we see Abe in the past he's cruel and vicious to both kid Homer and his wife Mona. He was a real piece of shit that didn't seem to care about his kid at all, even hated him.