There is no more annoying forced meme of a character than Groot...

There is no more annoying forced meme of a character than Groot, not in all the existence of comic books or cartoons and all related media, Groot is the worst.

Picture of OP

PICKLE RICK!

Nah.

>Not the man with no taste

Came here to post this

Subtle hot toys thread?

Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man.

a challenger appears

I didn't even catch that at first...

He wasn't pushed until Way created memepool, that's why he's everywhere.

But Pickle Rick has become more of a shitpost than a meme at this point. And even then, at least it's properly identified as cancer. Groot got a free pass for some reason. Vin deserves better.

It's only a forced meme if it gets used. That's what a meme is: something that gets used. And I haven't seen a single Groot thread in ages except this one. So no Op, he isn't an annoying forced meme character. That would be the Minions.

>it's popular cause it's cute so i HATE it

Groot gets a pass cause he's the best version of the character since Giffen's.

>in GOTGv1 he was changed from the arrogant monarch of the comics to a literal treehugger, but this was to contrast with the other selfish characters; he is the only selfless character in the movie and sacrifices himself for a bunch of jerks, most of whom he only met yesterday and all of whom treat him like shit
>GOTGv2 makes him a baby to show that his sacrifice has consequences, unlike the comics where he blows himself up any time the team needs a convenient escape and regrows within a week; this also ties into the theme of family and fatherhood as the team have to deal with raising a child that is even more impressionable than the original Groot

Like him or not, he's a well-considered character.

He is probably the best character in the both movies, but this is not saying much

Groot lovers inspire me to dreams of torture

Disagree, but that's neither here nor there.

Christ man, calm that inner Aspie. Go find a hobby or something.

Isn't Groot in comics able to speak normally?

I forgot all about that little shit, he's just as bad if not worse

I think he's cute, if not a bit one note. The most interesting thing (or perhaps only interesting thing) about him is his relationship and interactions with Rocket.

OP btfo'd

>not having a soul

That hasn't been the case for about ten years.

Be nice to the tree