Let's have a thread for the best cartoon ever made

let's have a thread for the best cartoon ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8BTMX7gOf-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jack is best boy.

Has any show ever combined action, comedy and a satisfying ending as well as Xiaolin Showdown did?

Well, Jackie Chan Adventures I think

He did create an interesting future.

Why WAS he yellow though? I mean, we make jokes about it being racist, but Kimiko and Fung were Asian too and they weren't yellow. Why the fuck did they make Omi yellow?

Has there ever been an funnier villain in any other cartoon?

He's a freak of nature.

a future where he murdered everyone

>Has there ever been A funnier villain in any other cartoon?
I shouldn’t browse Sup Forums during DnD

omi is chinese, so he's "yellower" than other asians, or something

>Satisfying ending

you know, I know Raimundo took charge in the end, but him being an asshole and betraying the team a few times seems like an asspull to make him the leader.

Everyone still seemed to be alive.

skip to 4:13
youtube.com/watch?v=8BTMX7gOf-k

i heard theres a remake continuation of this
>tfw when theres 2 omis now

Best not to think about that user.

Better or worse than the PPG remake?

The good old times of Xiaolin Showdown

>best cartoon ever made
Pic unrelated?

t. omi

I just like that the one chosen to be leader was the one who fucked up the most. He's not the strongest and lacks some handy skills Kimiko and Clay have, but I can believe he experienced the dark side enough times to be on the straight and narrow for the rest of his life. He'd definitely be able to notice when those in his charge are faltering towards the dark side too. Like the future, future dragons he'd train.

On a different note, this scene gave me shivers as a kid. It sincerely felt like everyone was fucked.

Jack not getting his dues and out staging the other villains was horseshit. I was hoping Future Jack was going to hop to the main reality and be the final boss.

weird how Omi was sort of the face of the show, but Raimundo ended up getting all the recognition and respect.

He was an idiot for not tapping Wuya

Why not any of the others though? I mean, Omi was a little to big-headed to be an effective leader, but Kimiko and Clay were both strong willed, effective fighters, and well grounded.

That I can't answer. I remember being upset myself when Kimiko and Clay's turns at leading were dismissed as not working out well. And the idea that sturdy Clay would buckle and just convert the Temple into a pig farm, egh.

Still, I think Raimundo was an excellent choice (and he was/is my least favorite character). Him acknowledging his many fuck ups when he's chosen to lead says a lot to me.

He got around to it.

He learned the most. It definitely shouldn't have been Krillin.

Where the fuck did my picture go? Let's try that again.

how many times has Wuya seen Jack jack off? She did have a habit of flying through walls and scaring him.

Clay was too quiet and simple, I think, and Kimiko too loud and flippant.

And after getting her body back, how many times was it directly her fault?

nice

I dunno, Evil Emperor Zurg is pretty great. And also voiced by Dojo, coincidentally.

Kimiko had a tendency to be hot-headed, right? But she was the best when it came to resourcefulness.

Clay was simple, but I took that as a strenght of his. That "Simple solutions to complicated problems" mindset.

Fung is also Chinese. Omi was born at the Temple.

Yes, but I mean, I think he lacked drive. He was more or less satisfied, in general.

About on par. Shit is shit no matter how you look at it.

True, but the fact that he's willing to betray their trust on a dime is more than enough to not put him in a leadership position. Personally I think that they don't even need a leader. They worked perfectly fine already.

WAS willing to. And it's more for the future of the school than for the four of them.

Are they Sentai now?

Wuya is cute! CUTE!

At least it had the original creator of the series on board. PPG can't claim that.

But it wasn't enough. I don't think Christy Hui was necessarily the most important element.

I think you meant to say "hot."

They TRON now.

why not both?

So, Sup Forums which Shen-gong-wu was the most powerful?

Golden Tiger Claws, so powerful, they had to ditch them after an episode.

I think the only reason they did that was so the writers didn't have to figure out why nobody didnt just instantly teleport to a shen-gong-wu as soon as it activated. I don't think it's really all that strong in combat compared to other wu

could instakill people if you had the sword of the storm and the eye of dashi

>get a space suit with the claws
>Go into space
>open a gate to your opponent
>They get sucked into the vacumm
>Use the eye of dashi and sword of the storm combo to fly out

This assumes the sword of the storm and eye of dashi still works in space. If not, you could use any flying shen gon wu, like the kite or jetbootsu. Or just steal a spacesuit that has thrusters on it. In which case, you would only need the golden tiger claws.

>teleports behind you
pshh, nothin personnel, kid

Moby Morpher. It took an entire season to beat that ONE wu.

Other contenders:
1. Emperor Scorpion - no direct offensive capabilities but in a Shen Yi Bu it'd broken as crap
>use ES to turn off opponent's wu and dominate with your own second wu

2. Hidoku Mouse - depending on your/the show's definition of a "mistake", you could fix ANYTHING that didn't go your way, effectively making you a Mary Sue.
>it's so powerful the show ditched it permanently before it got a single use

This was a smart move on the writers' part I think. For the past two seasons, Jack had been turned from a semi-competent villain into a silly laughingstock, but having him conquer the entire world and killing the Xiaolin monks (in an alternate timeline of course) restored some of his old menace

Sapphire Dragon comes to mind, but I think the "most dangerous" category fits it better.

People have brought this up before but how was Master Monk Guan able to survive 1500 years without dying or even aging at all? Was it one of the cases of the writers not giving a shit, or was he supposed to be an immortal demigod or something?

FMA:Brotherhood

AtLA, but that's a bit of a cop-out

>the only asian in the show had yellow skin
hmm...

You forgot about me, user?

kimiko is jap

I'm pretty sure they've explored how Omi is fucking weird.

There were a fuckton of Asians on the show. Three fifths of them are Asian.

Hopefully Adventure Time will.

Coming through

That show was the shit

In popular culture, monks are able to gain a perfect body immune to toxins and disease, and also do not age. These ideas are heavily based on real-life monks who claim, or are claimed by others, to not need food or water to survive, and instead sustain themselves on the energy of the universe, be it chi, manna, or any other such relevant term.

that trash show has failed in the both the comedy and action portions many times

thankfully itll end soon and we can get over the internets least impressive yet still popular cancer just before reddit the show

I always looked forward to Jack's moments of triumph. It was nice whenever he overturned the villain rankings, like when he captured Chase in that pokeball-ish wu and got all his powers.

I'm not sure if it's made better or worse by the fact it was fairly rare. I always root for him, but some of that is probably my love of the underdog.

Very similar structure to Xiaolin Showdown, too. Magical mcguffins errywhere.

better but still awful

Raimundo betrayed the team exactly once, the second time was a ruse

it's fine since the creator was chinese

I remember thinking his staff as awesome as fuck, especially since it wasn't a Shen Gong Wu, but I can't remember what it actually did.

Someone gets this wrong in every thread. I think someone enters these threads, spews bile over Raimundo, and flees.

>the best cartoon ever made
OH COME THE FUCK ON

>No pre-movie Spongebob

>SpongeBob
Yuck.

>Coming from the person posting a list with Kim Possible
Kill yourself.

It's better than Duck Dodgers, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, and The Batman. So it's certainly better than some fucking sponge.

>gravity falls
pretty good but the last episodes absolutely fucked it, doesn't belong on this list desu

Also, I don't quite recall enjoying Kim Possible/Duck Dodgers as much as the others on this list, should I be revisiting them?

And TMNT, and Teen Titans, and The Batman...

What was wrong with the last few episodes?

Absolutely nothing major, it's just a Sup Forums meme. They found nitpicks that you can easily find in any cartoon and exaggerated them because Sup Forums hates Alex Hirsch.

he's actually not of Chinese ethnicity, they had a whole episode explaining that, backed up when they introduced Ping Pong in Chronicles, as he's from France

>the second time was a ruse
and that ruse led to one of the best fights in the show at that

As a kid I used to fucking love J Spice

you don't have to take it that seriously user

>Also, I don't quite recall enjoying Kim Possible/Duck Dodgers as much as the others on this list, should I be revisiting them?
The grid is actually in order, so those are not as good as most of the shows on there, but still far better than many other cartoons. (I'd say most but there are so many obscure ones even I can't claim that.)

>Xiaolin
>satisfying ending
NAh.

He betrayed them twice. Granted, the second time was a ruse, but the fact that he never let them in on the plan shows just how little of a team player he is.

It's a good show made even better by hindsight. Watching it again really makes you appreciate all the clever jokes and Kim as a character more.

I was hoping I'd find this question here, Probably Sapphire Dragon or Tiger Claws but my favourite one to have would be the Monkey Staff or the Orb of (?) Tsunami

not letting them in on it was the only way the plan would work, they're all awful at lying/acting

What is wrong with those? They're all so fucking great!

>Absolutely nothing major

Fucking WHAT. The last few episodes were godawful. It was rushed as fuck with character assassination and blatant asspulls all over the place.

>rushed as fuck, anyone who denies this wasn't paying attention
>hirsch planning out a 3-season show and not even being dedicated enough to stick to it
>mystery circle was a handwave
>that entire episode in mabel's head
>grunkle stan losing his memory "permanently" and getting it back 3 minutes later
I don't hate the finale but it was such a rushed and disappointing way to resolve all the buildup.

>rushed as fuck, anyone who denies this wasn't paying attention
>hirsch planning out a 3-season show and not even being dedicated enough to stick to it
Those are not even complaints about the show, let alone valid ones.

Everything else you noted is just BS nitpicking based on personal preference.

>mystery circle was a handwave
JUST A REMINDER:
>Cartoon gets epic 4-part finale
>Magical creature shows up after being foreshadowed multiple times
>Provides the key to save the day, after the protagonist rejects a conventional approach
>Sup Forums hates this ending

>Cartoon gets epic 4-part finale
>Magical object shows up after being foreshadowed multiple times
>Is about to provide the key to save the day, but this is subverted for a far more conventional approach at the last second
>Sup Forums hates this ending

>Not a single DCAU show

>the show being rushed isn't a complaint about the show
>the biggest drama of the series finale being undone in minutes is nitpicking
go back to your hole hirsch

>not letting them in on it was the only way the plan would work

But that's still "willing to betray their trust on a dime" for his own ends. The fact that it worked was pure luck on his part and could've easily went south. Again, that's not what makes a good leader, because it was reckless and stupid.

The DCAU is vastly overrated. (And regardless, there are more than enough fans promoting it already compared to other cartoons.)