Wally West

Where did things go wrong for him, Sup Forums?

When they got rid of him during the New 52.

>When they got rid of him during the New 52.
Things started going wrong for him long before that.

Barry took all of his Speed Force development?

Why did they bring Barry back anyway? I get why they brought Hal back, but Barry had a good, honorable death. Was this some editorial mandate, or were Johns and Van Sciver just bigger fans of Allen?

Latter definitely, perhaps evolving into the former.

Bart became the Flash and Barry came back.

His fanbase

And it begins.

I think Johns just wanted to pull another Green Lantern: Rebirth, but it just wasn't the same. Maybe his run would have been more well-received if the reboot didn't happen and Barry's development wasn't restarted.

It all went down when Wally had the twins. Babies are bad for two reasons, they don't do much and unless you want a bad parent arc, their parents can't spend too much time apart from them, dominating their stories. DC tried to fix this by bypassing the twin's babyness completely, but this made Wally even older. Having kids (actual kids) means he's middle age , and since he's a 2nd generation hero (Barry's sidekick) it aged everyone else. If Wally's middle aged then his best friend (despite never hanging out with each other) Dick Grayson is middle aged too! And if Dick Grayson is middle aged then Batman is old! Along with Superman, etc.

Rebirth and the rebooting of DC was supposed to happen after Final Crisis (hence the name Final Crisis). A rebooted DC would have the first generation Flash back.

DC chickened out but were forced to keep some of the effects of Final Crisis (like Barry coming back for no reason).

Go to bed, Quesada.

The twins babies evolved to kids in a fews mounths if a remember right.

Going from from young adult to married with kids shows the passage of time. they're not aging Superman/Batman 10-15 years for the fucking Flash.

sales were down.

Sort of. After they were born Infinite Crisis sent the West Family off to a different dimension or something (I don't think it was every really explained) and aged Bart so he could become the Flash.

After Bart died Wally came back with aged kids instead of babies, but this made Wally even older now, he was a father not a 20-something.

Casuals are too dumb to understand a complicated story. Wally west has character development and to understand him you have to understand where he comes from and how Barry was his father figure. Barry on the other hand is far easier to market too casuals.

I like his fanbase. They piss off CW and New 52 fags.

That is what pisses me off. The greatest thing about Wally that sets him apart from every other fucking JL member is that he ages. We see him age from a child all the way to an adult with kids. But having progress in a comic book is bad for some reason so hurr durr status quo must happen. Seriously how can Batfags still read Batman when fucking nothing happens. He is the exact same person he was in the fucking 90s.
>B-But no aging him up is bad now because he is a JLer, lets kill him off and replace him with status quo the boring Barry!
Now the Flash series is shit and nothing ever really happens.

I agree. I sure do love Barry and his funny CW adventures with his token nigger side characters.
Oh wait the flash has been shit for years and fans of the best years of the flash have a right to complain

Geoff Johns did.

JLA becuase it spawned Wallyfags

So it spawned anons with taste?

>Where did things go wrong

THIS ASSHOLE

because Batman has interesting stories and speed force made all Flash stories shitty
yeah, Kylefags

Infinite Crisis. They derailed a good run and only tried to bring him back to salvage Bart's terrible run instead of with any inspiration in mind.

DC just wanted Wally gone back in 2005 and everything since then has been proof to the positive or dishonest.

Wally was still in his 20s because his kids superaged. He didn't get any older. Fuck, when they tried to replace Wally they did so with a fourth generation character who they aged up. That makes everyone else way older than a man in his 20s having kids like men in their 20s do

>because Batman has interesting stories and speed force made all Flash stories shitty

Speed Force salvaged a mediocre franchise that hadn't been anything more than acceptable since the low, wacky standards of the 60s.

Wally's the exact same person he was in the 90s. He basically didn't change as a person after the iconic Waid run. Having kids doesn't necessarily change or grow a character, lest you think Damian changed Batman ruins your own point.